A Stomach Strong Enough for Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 2 Average
12-12-2012, 12:52 PM

A Stomach Strong Enough for Atheism
If you think arguing atheist vs. God is gut-wrenching, try going over to Catholic Forums and arguing morality. Those people are utterly insane. I mean, atheists are wrong and illogical, but one doesn't have to be insane to be an atheist. To be a practicing Catholic, I honestly think you have to completely out of your mind. It is no wonder so many Catholics become atheists. If I were a Catholic, born and raised, and that's the only way I really understood God, I'd become an atheist. No sane person could not become an atheist after such an early exposure.

However, that's still not a good reason to be an atheist. Atheism is still a fallacy. God exists in spite of the Catholic Church.

[Image: nunssssssssss.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post
12-12-2012, 12:55 PM
RE: A Stomach Strong Enough for Atheism
ROFLMAO! Looks like someone gave you a dose of your own medicine. Smile

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 13 users Like Dom's post
12-12-2012, 01:02 PM
So we're wrong? That leads me to believe you have proof that a deity(ies) exist and can demonstrate that we're wrong (and no you can't use one the silly books, we need actual testable, observable proof).

Illogical? Agreed, if not believing in a magic man in the sky, talking donekys and snakes, making the sun stand still etc, ad nauseum, means we are illogical, then so be it.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 3 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
12-12-2012, 01:04 PM

(12-12-2012 12:55 PM)Dom Wrote:  ROFLMAO! Looks like someone gave you a dose of your own medicine. Smile

Maybe. I think I'm having one of those "The Shack" moments.

As of now, I'm out of Christianity. Oh, I love God and Christ (Christ as he is revealed in The Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ), but I'm back to thinking of God as the monistic fundamental consciousness (which I suppose I always did) and Christ as what humans should be like when the nature of God is fully manifested in them. The Gospels are an instruction manual for human beings. It's that simple.

There is no way to be part of the Christian religion without that turning to evil in one way or another.

If you become an atheist, you slide into immorality via hedonism and narcissism. If you become a Christian, you slide into immorality via legalism and hypocrisy.

The answer? Grab the Gospels (just the Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and Thomas), and make your own religion. That's the only way to be safe.
12-12-2012, 01:08 PM

(12-12-2012 01:02 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  So we're wrong? That leads me to believe you have proof that a deity(ies) exist and can demonstrate that we're wrong (and no you can't use one the silly books, we need actual testable, observable proof).

Evidence: just look around you; there it is. Demonstrable? Okay: everyday the sun rises the same way. Chemical reactions occur in the same way every time. The laws of physics do not errode over time.

And you will say: THAT DOESN'T PROVE ANYTHING! Laughat

Quote:Illogical? Agreed, if not believing in a magic man in the sky, talking donekys and snakes, making the sun stand still etc, ad nauseum, means we are illogical, then so be it.

No. Not believing in God makes you illogical. Actually, it only makes you reactionary. You are as religious as those nuns up there. You just can't see it. But I see it. Shocking
12-12-2012, 01:20 PM
Egor, you yo-yoed again! Big Grin

Just a word of observation: Have you ever noticed you get angrier when you are in your christian zone? You seem way more frustrated and reactive but when you switch back to the God as a MF conciousness, you seem calmer and easier to converse with. Is that what you mean by

Quote:There is no way to be part of the Christian religion without that turning to evil in one way or another.
[+] 7 users Like LadyJane's post
12-12-2012, 01:47 PM
Would you consider yourself a pantheist then Egor (I think I might have asked you that before Consider )

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
12-12-2012, 01:48 PM
(12-12-2012 12:52 PM)Egor Wrote:  If you think arguing atheist vs. God is gut-wrenching, try going over to Catholic Forums and arguing morality. Those people are utterly insane. I mean, atheists are wrong and illogical, but one doesn't have to be insane to be an atheist. To be a practicing Catholic, I honestly think you have to completely out of your mind. It is no wonder so many Catholics become atheists. If I were a Catholic, born and raised, and that's the only way I really understood God, I'd become an atheist. No sane person could not become an atheist after such an early exposure.

However, that's still not a good reason to be an atheist. Atheism is still a fallacy. God exists in spite of the Catholic Church.

[Image: nunssssssssss.jpg]
Just curious. What about Catholicism do you find more insane than other religions?

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
12-12-2012, 01:53 PM
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything. Just saying.

Egor, you need to find out who you are. And you can't post around here telling people how wrong they are when you haven't even discovered your own truth. It just makes you look silly.
[+] 5 users Like kpax's post
12-12-2012, 01:55 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2012 01:59 PM by Matthew Laramore.)
(12-12-2012 12:52 PM)Egor Wrote:  I mean, atheists are wrong and illogical

I'll grant you the very limited honor, for the sake of argument, that the foundation of whoever is right or wrong is equally vulnerable, but as far is logic concerned...

Someone on this site messaged me responding to a post I made to Janus IV, concerning wise decisions over biblical affiliated decisions, to which she never responded mind you. One of the examples I presented was punishing children by death for refusing to heed to a parent's authority over curfew, would they have them killed to enact biblical mythology or would they think it's wiser to send them to their room without dessert like the vast majority in the modern world. So this person who I won't name due to the fact that messaging me was his only activity ever on this site, responds to this example by asking me that if my child somehow managed to have 800 hostages (yes, 800) would I kill him to rescue them or let him kill the hostages? My answer was as follows....

Quote:If you're trying to present a defense against what you quoted that I myself said, you should understand first that your words in no way associate with the point of how to punish a disobedient child. You speak of a circumstance involving the rescuing of some number of individuals, which does not contribute to how one parents a child to the point of delivering a terrible punishment such as slaughter when they act out against the parent on small contingencies. This is a completely separate issue, and I can not fathom why you think one has anything to do with the other. But lets forget everything I said there and discuss your example; my son tortures 800 girls, city is not relevant, tortures 800 girls and I am left with the choice of either rescuing 800 girls...which how anyone can single-handedly hold 800 people hostage especially when they are 8 or 10 years old is beyond me, but I must choose to save these people or allow this offspring of mine to claim their lives so this 1 person can continue to draw breath and my genes can thrive on. You will have to appreciate these options, because numbers, such as 800 versus 1 are quite renderable. It would be more than simple to preserve the vast majority of these 800 people with just a single holder, furthermore it makes the situation more inviting to the notion of the capture alive routine. Obviously the logical choice to make is to rescue the 800...I'm still surprised you chose that number of all the smaller ones in this because it just makes it too simple, but to choose the 800 does not constitute any killing, as I've stated the notion of capturing the perpetrator alive is greatly impacted in it's favor for such a rescue attempt, and if you were looking for an easy "kill the villain" solution, you must first provide the evidence that with 800 hostages it is honestly worth sacrificing justice for each of them before satisfying your personal need vengeance. That is my answer.

Do not sit there and tell me that that is wrong and illogical.

Leviticus does not justify stupidity, but it is more than enough to define corruption of the human mind.

[Image: 24851795.jpg]