A Stomach Strong Enough for Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 2 Average
16-12-2012, 04:15 AM

RE: A Stomach Strong Enough for Atheism
(16-12-2012 12:53 AM)kpax Wrote:  It's pretty clear after seven pages of thread, most of which I happily skipped, that our friend, Egor is an attention whore who has seems to be getting it on with all of you.....

"who has seems to be" Even ESL people don't fuck up syntax like that. Hobo

Quote:That said, I am glad I have better things to do than to flip flop on my religious flavor kool-aid of the week.

Merry Christmas, everyone! And don't feed the trolls. Especially the ones who wake up every morning picking the next thing they believe in out of a hat.

Actually, my beliefs only flip-flop between traditional Christianity and Veridicanism. Neither of which are pulled out of a hat.
Quote this message in a reply
16-12-2012, 04:26 AM
I can stomach atheism like a normal person can stomach a blank piece of paper. It's actually comforting not having imaginary conversations with myself about mundane moments each day, each hour and often leading to so much stress that they have to invent other imaginary rituals to relieve that self induced mental trauma.

Being an atheist is the most natural and sane way I can live my life.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
16-12-2012, 04:30 AM
Egor your beliefs aren't pulled out of a hat. They're pulled out of your ass and then we all have to deal with the verbal stench. And that takes a strong stomach.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 6 users Like Rahn127's post
16-12-2012, 04:41 AM
(16-12-2012 04:06 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(15-12-2012 04:43 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Has the number of people who buy into your belief system got past two (you and your wife) yet?

Unlike you, Mark, I'm not trying to get anyone to "buy" into my beliefs, and unlike you people ask me what I believe so I explain it to them. I have reasons for believing what I do, and I explain those reasons. I'm not looking for followers or "patients" as you'd have it.

I am very proud to say I have my own religion, and I don't need anyone else to believe it. Censored
Heart Well hey good job!

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 2 users Like fstratzero's post
16-12-2012, 04:53 AM
Quote:I am very proud to say I have my own religion, and I don't need anyone else to believe it.
If you're so proud and content with what you believe, why do you feel the need to come here and hurl insults at those who don't believe the same?

People who are truly at peace with themselves and what they believe in, don't need to verbally abuse those who don't share their beliefs and opinions.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 4 users Like Vera's post
16-12-2012, 05:06 AM
(16-12-2012 04:53 AM)Vera Wrote:  
Quote:I am very proud to say I have my own religion, and I don't need anyone else to believe it.
If you're so proud and content with what you believe, why do you feel the need to come here and hurl insults at those who don't believe the same?

People who are truly at peace with themselves and what they believe in, don't need to verbally abuse those who don't share their beliefs and opinions.
I think it's because he agrees with us more than he disagrees.

When he disagrees, he tends to bark rather than bite.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
16-12-2012, 05:13 AM
(16-12-2012 05:06 AM)fstratzero Wrote:  I think it's because he agrees with us more than he disagrees.

When he disagrees, he tends to bark rather than bite.

Quote:Fuck you. You're not smart. You can't even spell simple words. You're a pretentious narcissist who can't believe in God, because you feel slighted personally if there's anyone better than you in the universe. The universe simply isn't big enough for you and God.
That's not bark. That's deep-rooted doubts and fear making a person lash out viciously.

True belief is way too secure in itself to need this kind of "validation".

16-12-2012, 02:40 PM

(16-12-2012 04:53 AM)Vera Wrote:  If you're so proud and content with what you believe, why do you feel the need to come here and hurl insults at those who don't believe the same?

This is a discussion forum. It's a meeting place for would-be philosophers. It's messy. And I don't bitch when I'm attacked, so don't bitch at me for fighting back. And as long as I'm not having a Christian delusion, I don't care who's an atheist or not. As a Veridican, your atheism means nothing to me. You are just a modality of God's consciousness the same as me. What you believe doesn't matter. This life is a preparation for the lucid spiritual plane that is to come. A greater understanding of our purpose, and of the monistic fundamental consciousness (which is God), will help us to build heavens instead of hells. But that's another conversation.

By enlightening you; I am enlightening myself. Do you get me, sweetheart? Bangin

And that doesn't mean I need you to "follow" me. All I want is for you to think on your own. All I want is for you to think of the implications of your atheism so that you will have a better eternity. Because you're still going to have an eternity one way or another. You've been brought into existence; you're never going out.

P.S. Please don't bother pointing out all the contradictions in my last couple of posts: I'm on a roll here. Argue
Quote this message in a reply
16-12-2012, 02:44 PM
(16-12-2012 02:40 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(16-12-2012 04:53 AM)Vera Wrote:  If you're so proud and content with what you believe, why do you feel the need to come here and hurl insults at those who don't believe the same?

This is a discussion forum. It's a meeting place for would-be philosophers. And as long as I'm not having a Christian delusion, I don't care who's an atheist or not. As a Veridican, your atheism means nothing to me. You are just a modality of God's consciousness the same as me. What you believe doesn't matter. This life is a preparation for the lucid spiritual plane that is to come. A greater understanding of our purpose, and of the monistic fundamental consciousness (which is God), will help us to build heavens instead of hells. But that's another conversation.

By enlightening you; I am enlightening myself. Do you get me, sweetheart? Bangin
The lucid spiritual plane for which there is absolutely no evidence? That lucid spiritual plane?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
16-12-2012, 02:44 PM (This post was last modified: 16-12-2012 03:05 PM by Vera.)
(16-12-2012 02:40 PM)Egor Wrote:  By enlightening you; I am enlightening myself.
Talk about delusional.

PS. Don't worry. I rarely bother reading your posts.