A Stomach Strong Enough for Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 2 Average
16-12-2012, 02:52 PM

RE: A Stomach Strong Enough for Atheism
(16-12-2012 02:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-12-2012 02:40 PM)Egor Wrote:  This is a discussion forum. It's a meeting place for would-be philosophers. And as long as I'm not having a Christian delusion, I don't care who's an atheist or not. As a Veridican, your atheism means nothing to me. You are just a modality of God's consciousness the same as me. What you believe doesn't matter. This life is a preparation for the lucid spiritual plane that is to come. A greater understanding of our purpose, and of the monistic fundamental consciousness (which is God), will help us to build heavens instead of hells. But that's another conversation.

By enlightening you; I am enlightening myself. Do you get me, sweetheart? Bangin
The lucid spiritual plane for which there is absolutely no evidence? That lucid spiritual plane?

No, but there's good reason to believe it. You have dreams when you sleep don't you? Don't you have those bizzare dreams that come out of nowhere that have elements and people you've never seen before. Shut off the physical senses, and you're left with consciousness, and that consciousness will build a universe, and there is infinite space for an infinite amount of infinite universes.

Have one lucid dream, have one precognitive dream, both of which I have had many of, and you'll know about the lucid spiritual plane. Why do you think we live in such restriction and control with life lessons all the way up to our last breath? This life isn't the end, this is kindergarten. Yes
Quote this message in a reply
16-12-2012, 02:54 PM

You know, I'm going to write about this stuff. But I'm a fiction writer. I'll write fiction stories about it, because I'm not a cult leader, I'm not any kind of leader. And I like the way fiction can be used to tell the truth. Even this blovel I'm writing now--yeah, it's a zombie story, but it's really all about free will and what constitutes being alive. The Gospels are fictional stories used to tell the deepest truths. It's like the best way to get an idea into the mind is to put it in a story--just like dreams do.

Now, vastly more important than talking with the spiritually dead, my dogs need to go for their afternoon walk and poo. So, I'm off. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post
16-12-2012, 03:02 PM
... You're a strange guy Egor.

*Precog* dreams ? Many of the same ?

Meaning predictive of the future ?

How strong is the precognition ? Meaning, how accurate and how unlikely are the predictions. Could you predict a die throw? Multiple dice throws ? How sure are you that the precog actually happened ? i.e. is it maybe being *ascribed* as precog after the fact ? Are your memories of the dreams hazy or sharp ?

Also, what is a lucid dream (apologies if this has been asked) ? Do you have a special definition, in the same way that God means something different to every single Christian, or is there some sort of agreed upon method for determining if you are having a lucid dream ?

I hardly ever dream, and when I do it's very disconnected and random. Entirely consistent with brain firing off random thoughts and arranging them into some kind of narrative... not that I have any idea what the standard literature on dreams offers as an alternative to your theories.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
16-12-2012, 10:26 PM

(16-12-2012 03:02 PM)morondog Wrote:  ... You're a strange guy Egor.

*Precog* dreams ? Many of the same ?

Meaning predictive of the future ?

How strong is the precognition ? Meaning, how accurate and how unlikely are the predictions. Could you predict a die throw? Multiple dice throws? How sure are you that the precog actually happened ? i.e. is it maybe being *ascribed* as precog after the fact ? Are your memories of the dreams hazy or sharp ?

I dreamed I saw a green parrot, and when I woke up, I saw one that day.

I dreamed I saw ultralights flying, and when I woke up, that day, there were ultralights flying around.

I dreamed I was in a grade school in Sterling with a class of small kids. When I woke up, a grade school masacare had occurred in Dunblain, just outside of Sterling.

I dreamed my wife had a wound in her abdomen. When I woke up, that day she developed a twisted colon and had to be rushed into the OR for an abdominal surgery.

I've posted the details in here before, but I'm not at home to cut and paste them at this time.

Quote:Also, what is a lucid dream (apologies if this has been asked) ? Do you have a special definition, in the same way that God means something different to every single Christian, or is there some sort of agreed upon method for determining if you are having a lucid dream ?

You don't know what a lucid dream is? It's a dream where you know you're dreaming while your dreaming. Usually you can do things in the dream you can't do in life like fly around, pass through walls, make things exist, etc.

Quote:I hardly ever dream, and when I do it's very disconnected and random. Entirely consistent with brain firing off random thoughts and arranging them into some kind of narrative... not that I have any idea what the standard literature on dreams offers as an alternative to your theories.

Forget the standard literature. You said "...brain firing random thoughts." What perceives the thoughts you have?
17-12-2012, 12:47 AM
(16-12-2012 04:06 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(15-12-2012 04:43 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Has the number of people who buy into your belief system got past two (you and your wife) yet?

Unlike you, Mark, I'm not trying to get anyone to "buy" into my beliefs, and unlike you people ask me what I believe so I explain it to them. I have reasons for believing what I do, and I explain those reasons. I'm not looking for followers or "patients" as you'd have it.

I am very proud to say I have my own religion, and I don't need anyone else to believe it. Censored

Well blow me down! It's unlike you, Egor, to hold a civil (almost) conversation with me!

So it's still just the two of you (you and your wife) then?

I don't believe you're not trying to sell your ideas. Haven't you written a book, the gospel of veru..something? Why would you do that if you didn't want to share your navel gazing with the world? Why would you repeatedly start posts about your own mental gymnastics if you couldn't care less what others thought?

You talk about yourself incessantly.You rarely seem genuinely interested in what other's post. It's all about you you you. It's obvious your primary purpose is to get a reaction from people.

And...you are interesting. Not because you've got anything novel or intuitive to say, but because you have a borderline personality disorder that goes close to being psychopathic. You're like an angry gorilla in a cage...people like to stop and stare, maybe throw you a peanut or two or prod you with a stick (like I'm doing now).

I've written a book too. And yep, I admit I like to share my ideas. There's nothing wrong with that. But it's not a book about me. It's mostly an assimilation of respected commentator's opinions. I like to think that's interesting. Your personal journey into the explanation of whatever, isn't. Or if it is, you aren't articulate enough to sell it.

Why don't you open a post about something that doesn't revolve around you? Pick a topic you would like to share. Then in a calm, well mannered and polite way, discuss it. Leave the abuse of others out of it (I think you only do that to hide the fact you haven't really got anything to say). Why not tell people about this gospel of yours? What's so special about it? Why not post a bit of it?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
17-12-2012, 01:19 AM

(17-12-2012 12:47 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Well blow me down! It's unlike you, Egor, to hold a civil (almost) conversation with me!

If you can't be with the one you love... Drinking Beverage

Quote:So it's still just the two of you (you and your wife) then?

Of course.

Quote:I don't believe you're not trying to sell your ideas. Haven't you written a book, the gospel of veru..something? Why would you do that if you didn't want to share your navel gazing with the world? Why would you repeatedly start posts about your own mental gymnastics if you couldn't care less what others thought?

Well, I'm not trying to sell my ideas. You don't need The Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ. You can get the five gospels for yourself and read them for free.

Quote:You talk about yourself incessantly.You rarely seem genuinely interested in what other's post. It's all about you you you. It's obvious your primary purpose is to get a reaction from people.

If you want me to be interesed in something you say, say something interesting. It's a simple equation. Dodgy

Quote:And...you are interesting. Not because you've got anything novel or intuitive to say, but because you have a borderline personality disorder that goes close to being psychopathic. You're like an angry gorilla in a cage...people like to stop and stare, maybe throw you a peanut or two or prod you with a stick (like I'm doing now).

Weeping Who cares? If atheism is true, then what I am, and what you do mean absolutely nothing.

Quote:I've written a book too. And yep, I admit I like to share my ideas. There's nothing wrong with that. But it's not a book about me. It's mostly an assimilation of respected commentator's opinions. I like to think that's interesting. Your personal journey into the explanation of whatever, isn't. Or if it is, you aren't articulate enough to sell it.

I write fiction.

Quote:Why don't you open a post about something that doesn't revolve around you? Pick a topic you would like to share. Then in a calm, well mannered and polite way, discuss it.

Why? You're insulting, rude, stupid, ugly, creepy, unenlightened, and you fuck your patients. Why should I ever cater to you? You knock on the door; I don't bother putting on a shirt. There's no reason to waste intelligent philosophical talk on you. It's better to just fight. I like to fight. And I might as well work out on you, because that's all you're worth. You are background noise.

Quote:Leave the abuse of others out of it (I think you only do that to hide the fact you haven't really got anything to say). Why not tell people about this gospel of yours? What's so special about it? Why not post a bit of it?

Give me a twenty.
17-12-2012, 01:49 AM
(17-12-2012 01:19 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(17-12-2012 12:47 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Well blow me down! It's unlike you, Egor, to hold a civil (almost) conversation with me!

If you can't be with the one you love... Drinking Beverage

Quote:So it's still just the two of you (you and your wife) then?

Of course.

Quote:I don't believe you're not trying to sell your ideas. Haven't you written a book, the gospel of veru..something? Why would you do that if you didn't want to share your navel gazing with the world? Why would you repeatedly start posts about your own mental gymnastics if you couldn't care less what others thought?

Well, I'm not trying to sell my ideas. You don't need The Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ. You can get the five gospels for yourself and read them for free.

Quote:You talk about yourself incessantly.You rarely seem genuinely interested in what other's post. It's all about you you you. It's obvious your primary purpose is to get a reaction from people.

If you want me to be interesed in something you say, say something interesting. It's a simple equation. Dodgy

Quote:And...you are interesting. Not because you've got anything novel or intuitive to say, but because you have a borderline personality disorder that goes close to being psychopathic. You're like an angry gorilla in a cage...people like to stop and stare, maybe throw you a peanut or two or prod you with a stick (like I'm doing now).

Weeping Who cares? If atheism is true, then what I am, and what you do mean absolutely nothing.

Quote:I've written a book too. And yep, I admit I like to share my ideas. There's nothing wrong with that. But it's not a book about me. It's mostly an assimilation of respected commentator's opinions. I like to think that's interesting. Your personal journey into the explanation of whatever, isn't. Or if it is, you aren't articulate enough to sell it.

I write fiction.

Quote:Why don't you open a post about something that doesn't revolve around you? Pick a topic you would like to share. Then in a calm, well mannered and polite way, discuss it.

Why? You're insulting, rude, stupid, ugly, creepy, unenlightened, and you fuck your patients. Why should I ever cater to you? You knock on the door; I don't bother putting on a shirt. There's no reason to waste intelligent philosophical talk on you. It's better to just fight. I like to fight. And I might as well work out on you, because that's all you're worth. You are background noise.

Quote:Leave the abuse of others out of it (I think you only do that to hide the fact you haven't really got anything to say). Why not tell people about this gospel of yours? What's so special about it? Why not post a bit of it?

Give me a twenty.
Re "and you fuck your patients."

Just so everyone knows, I have a small picture of myself and girlfriend (now wife) on my website. The caption reads "Mark, with patient girlfriend Enly" This is where Egor gets the idea I "fuck my patients." Nice guy, our Egor.

Re "You're insulting, rude, stupid, ugly, creepy, unenlightened, "

That's funny coming from you. You're not losing your cool are you big fella? Why not say a prayer to your fugly mental monotone of consciousness? Don't forget little baby Jeebus said "love your enemies"

Re "It's better to just fight. I like to fight. And I might as well work out on you,"

Egor, you don't intimidate me in the slightest. Your verbal abuse is pathetic. I am glad, however, you're on the other side of the world. If you were my neighbor I'd be afraid, very afraid. In fact so would the whole street.
17-12-2012, 03:11 AM
Yabut. You fuck your patients? Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
17-12-2012, 03:39 AM
(17-12-2012 03:11 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Yabut. You fuck your patients? Angel
She's patient because she's had to share me with a book.

Someone else attends to her medical needs.

Egor has no common sense.
17-12-2012, 04:26 AM

(17-12-2012 01:49 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Just so everyone knows, I have a small picture of myself and girlfriend (now wife) on my website. The caption reads "Mark, with patient girlfriend Enly" This is where Egor gets the idea I "fuck my patients." Nice guy, our Egor.

Hey if the condom fits...

Quote:That's funny coming from you. You're not losing your cool are you big fella? Why not say a prayer to your fugly mental monotone of consciousness? Don't forget little baby Jeebus said "love your enemies"

So, you're an atheist but you're relying on my generosity, my love of humanity to stop me from insulting you. Doesn't that embarass you?

[Image: Lou+Gosset+Jr.+An+Officer+and+a+Gentleman.PNG]

Quote:Egor, you don't intimidate me in the slightest. Your verbal abuse is pathetic. I am glad, however, you're on the other side of the world. If you were my neighbor I'd be afraid, very afraid. In fact so would the whole street.

That's right. I walk down the street, my dog craps on your lawn, and you peek out from behind your blinds. And if I don't intimidate you why would you be afraid? Besides, I'm not talking about physically beating you or making you my be-otch. That's your fantasy, not mine. I'm talking about in debate. Smartass