A Stomach Strong Enough for Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 2 Average
12-12-2012, 09:04 PM
RE: A Stomach Strong Enough for Atheism
annnnd he's back to trolling.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2012, 09:24 PM
So, Egor...
You hate the Catholic Church, yet you would have no Gospels if that institution had not voted to canonize those 4 spurious documents. Quite the dilemma to be in. Consider

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post
12-12-2012, 09:56 PM
(12-12-2012 09:24 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  So, Egor...
You hate the Catholic Church, yet you would have no Gospels if that institution had not voted to canonize those 4 spurious documents. Quite the dilemma to be in. Consider
Considering the majority of Europe was Catholic for fucking ages back in the day I'd say there is a shit load of shit other Christians would be without if it wasn't for Catholicism.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
13-12-2012, 12:40 AM

(12-12-2012 09:24 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  So, Egor...

I thought a lot about that: They were used by God--the Catholics, I mean. The Gospels were written long before there was ever a Catholic Church, but their scribes and their religious authority preserved the Gospels. Ironically, the Gospels condemn just about everything the Catholic Church does, and they "miraculously" never had the insight or foresight to edit them--and they could have, and they would have--without a doubt.

Hell, even the letters of Paul, Peter, John, The Writer of Hebrews, and the writer of Acts don't jive with the message contained in the life and teachings of Jesus Christ. Sometimes, actually, I wonder if the writer of Acts wrote Acts to condemn what the apostles were doing after the death of Jesus--given that it's the same writer who wrote Luke.

We have no idea who wrote the Gospels. They are mysterious documents springing up from the Roman Empire. The earliest Catholic Church preserved them--and they shouldn't have. They should have edited them. Because now, it is the hypocrisy of the Church juxtaposed with the life and teachings of God on Earth, Jesus Christ, that is going to end the Church. It is crushing the Church (Catholic and Protestant) to the point where no one even wants to mention the name Jesus Christ in polite company anymore.

Everyone puts their arm around Jesus for the photo op, but anyone who actually believed and talked like Jesus would be a pariah. And that's exactly what Jesus predicted.

None of the rest of the Bible is a miracle. The rest of the New Testament is just early Christian opinions. The Old Testament is just Jewish Law and prophecy. There's nothing special. But the Gospels absolutely should not exist--and yet they do.

So, it was my honor to understand them in this way, and to recognize that modern translations of the Gospel of Thomas were going every which way but Sunday. Everyone who learns Coptic wants to translate Thomas their own way, and that's only going to get worse over time. So, I'm privilaged that God allowed me the time and ability to synthesize all five Gospels into one Gospel, and in so doing, I believe the real Gospel has emerged for the modern world. Of course, I'm referring to The Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ.

The Gospels are a miracle. Reading them in the correct manner will cause a rebirth of the human being into Christ. That's what I believe anyway.
Quote this message in a reply
13-12-2012, 12:59 AM
I can't help but draw parallels to folks like Joseph Smith...only if you had golden plates you'd be smart enough to cash them in for money. Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
13-12-2012, 02:34 AM
(13-12-2012 12:59 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I can't help but draw parallels to folks like Joseph Smith...only if you had golden plates you'd be smart enough to cash them in for money. Big Grin
No golden plates needed. Joseph never let anyone, not even his inner circle, see them. For some reason he would put them on the table, under a cloth or in a closed box, then stick his face in a hat to let his magic rock translate the tablets that neither he nor anyone else could see. He never once looked at the tablets while translating them to his scribes. I don't even know why he claimed to have tablets - he could have just said that God was giving him visions through his magic rock. Of course, once he finished translating the unseen tablets, Moroni took them back to heaven ne'er to be seen again (not that they were seen before).

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
13-12-2012, 02:57 AM
Egor

What's a miracle?

How do you determine that a miracle has occurred?

I ask these questions specifically because of your claim that it is miraculous that the gospels survived in their unedited form.

Another question I have though not as important but nonetheless interesting to me is your claim that the Verdican Gospel is the unedited version. There seems to be a suggestion here that there exists an original gospel that is above question and that your Verdican Gospel is a direct descendant of that. If we leave aside the obvious problem presented by translating one language to another in terms of maintaining meaning and nuance, I will grant you that the Verdican Gospel is the correct and complete translation of the "original". My question is what makes this "original" anymore credible than any of it's presumably less authentic translations or indeed more credible than "Jack and the Beanstalk".

---------------------------------------------------------------
Knowledge can be given, Understanding must be earned
13-12-2012, 12:58 PM

[Image: h8m4.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like LostLocke's post
13-12-2012, 03:28 PM
(13-12-2012 02:34 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 12:59 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I can't help but draw parallels to folks like Joseph Smith...only if you had golden plates you'd be smart enough to cash them in for money. Big Grin
No golden plates needed. Joseph never let anyone, not even his inner circle, see them. For some reason he would put them on the table, under a cloth or in a closed box, then stick his face in a hat to let his magic rock translate the tablets that neither he nor anyone else could see. He never once looked at the tablets while translating them to his scribes. I don't even know why he claimed to have tablets - he could have just said that God was giving him visions through his magic rock. Of course, once he finished translating the unseen tablets, Moroni took them back to heaven ne'er to be seen again (not that they were seen before).

So maybe Moroni turned his gold into cash? Consider

13-12-2012, 03:43 PM
Egor must fooling around with us, we're just feeding an awesome troll, he's trolling the world... It's the only reasonable explanation

[Image: sigvacachica.png]