A Stomach Strong Enough for Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 2 Average
14-12-2012, 01:32 AM

RE: A Stomach Strong Enough for Atheism
(13-12-2012 12:59 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I can't help but draw parallels to folks like Joseph Smith...only if you had golden plates you'd be smart enough to cash them in for money. Big Grin

(13-12-2012 02:34 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 12:59 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I can't help but draw parallels to folks like Joseph Smith...only if you had golden plates you'd be smart enough to cash them in for money. Big Grin
No golden plates needed. Joseph never let anyone, not even his inner circle, see them. For some reason he would put them on the table, under a cloth or in a closed box, then stick his face in a hat to let his magic rock translate the tablets that neither he nor anyone else could see. He never once looked at the tablets while translating them to his scribes. I don't even know why he claimed to have tablets - he could have just said that God was giving him visions through his magic rock. Of course, once he finished translating the unseen tablets, Moroni took them back to heaven ne'er to be seen again (not that they were seen before).

I'm not a prophet. I'm a Gospel writer. And when I'm dead and gone, should the Gospel I wrote live on, no one will know who I was. I wrote The Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ, because I believe God told me to write it. He trained me to be a writer. He showed me the secrets of the Gospel message, and he used me to write The Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ. Personally, I could not care less if anyone ever read it; I did what I was supposed to do. For all I know, it's the only thing my life is worth.

Now I write horror stories. Check out http://gordons-ghosts.com

I have lots of ghosts in my closet. Shocking
Quote this message in a reply
14-12-2012, 02:13 AM

(13-12-2012 02:57 AM)Andrew_Njonjo Wrote:  Egor

What's a miracle?

How do you determine that a miracle has occurred?

I ask these questions specifically because of your claim that it is miraculous that the gospels survived in their unedited form.

Thanks for asking. In my opinion, a miracle occurs when something happens that there is no logical reason for happening. When something should go one way and goes another.

Quote:Another question I have though not as important but nonetheless interesting to me is your claim that the Verdican Gospel is the unedited version. There seems to be a suggestion here that there exists an original gospel that is above question and that your Verdican Gospel is a direct descendant of that. If we leave aside the obvious problem presented by translating one language to another in terms of maintaining meaning and nuance, I will grant you that the Verdican Gospel is the correct and complete translation of the "original". My question is what makes this "original" anymore credible than any of it's presumably less authentic translations or indeed more credible than "Jack and the Beanstalk".

The Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ is a synthesis of five other Gospels. I've never even used the term "unedited version" in relation to it. So, I really don't know what you mean. The translation problem is not a problem if the words you are writing are what you believe God is telling you to write. Now, that may not be true. I may be mistaken. But I believe I was lead to it, and in every decision on every verse, and ever word, I believe I wrote what God was telling me to write. That doesn't mean you should give it any credence. If you read it, and Christ is revealed to you, then it worked. If Christ is not revealed to you, then it didn't work. That's all I can say.
14-12-2012, 02:20 AM
Im guessing you havent allways held on to the same beliefs Ed. How would you say that your beliefs affect the way you see the world..... have they changed when your beliefs changed??

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-12-2012, 02:32 AM

(13-12-2012 12:58 PM)LostLocke Wrote:  Sooo..... god is a chemical using sun with a PhD in physics?
Is that what I'm supposed to get out of that? Blink

Yeah, you blind idiot. That's what you're supposed to get out of it. Send me a postcard from hell.

(13-12-2012 03:43 PM)nach_in Wrote:  Egor must fooling around with us, we're just feeding an awesome troll, he's trolling the world... It's the only reasonable explanation

Trolling the world. I like that. Yes

(14-12-2012 02:20 AM)bemore Wrote:  Im guessing you havent allways held on to the same beliefs Ed. How would you say that your beliefs affect the way you see the world..... have they changed when your beliefs changed??

Sure it changes how I see the world. What I believe at any given time is like the color of sunglasses I put on. The way I believe now leads me to see the world as a big classroom for what's coming next. I believe in a lucid spiritual plane that follows this life (I have reasons for that, but that's another post.). I believe we use what we learn in this life on that plane where we have much more control over our environment--much like Jesus did while he was here on earth. An atheist is pretty much screwed in that they probably won't have much control--hell will probably result. After all, on the lucid spiritual plane, you get what you believe. Atheists believe what they see. Sadcryface
14-12-2012, 03:59 AM
(14-12-2012 02:32 AM)Egor Wrote:  Yeah, you blind idiot. That's what you're supposed to get out of it. Send me a postcard from hell.

But if I send post cards from my mother-in-law's house.... does it mean I work for the devil?
Or was satan my ex bf... but if that's the case, how could I since she's gay now?
Could they both be satan and hell? But can't there be one? But there can only be one? But lord of the rings says....
But that directly contradicts seven circles of hell. But that doesn't contradict ancient nord lore...
THEY CAN'T ALL BE RIGHT!

PARADOX PARADOX PARADOX PARADOX!

[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
14-12-2012, 10:14 AM
(14-12-2012 02:32 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 12:58 PM)LostLocke Wrote:  Sooo..... god is a chemical using sun with a PhD in physics?
Is that what I'm supposed to get out of that? Blink

Yeah, you blind idiot. That's what you're supposed to get out of it. Send me a postcard from hell.
Ah yes.
I'm the blind idiot despite the fact that none of the examples you gave are in any way evidence of a god.

[Image: h8m4.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like LostLocke's post
14-12-2012, 10:19 AM
(14-12-2012 01:32 AM)Egor Wrote:  I'm not a prophet. I'm a Gospel writer.

So... you're a fraud. Ohmy

And you think you know enough to ridicule atheists. Pathetic, really. No

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like houseofcantor's post
14-12-2012, 03:19 PM

(14-12-2012 10:19 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  So... you're a fraud. Ohmy

How would I know?

Quote:And you think you know enough to ridicule atheists. Pathetic, really. No

Don't you need to be off stalking Gweneth Paltrow somewhere or dressing up like her, or wearing her panties, holding her in a well--something?

[+] 3 users Like Egor's post
14-12-2012, 03:25 PM
I posted that video the other day lol.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
14-12-2012, 03:50 PM
(14-12-2012 01:32 AM)Egor Wrote:  I'm not a prophet. I'm a Gospel writer.

How is that even possible? If you're writing a "real" gospel, then you're channeling the direct words of God. That's what prophets do. Not all prophets write gospels, but all gospel writers are prophets.

So for you to say you're a gospel writer but not a prophet, that means you're just writing your own nonsensical drivel and calling it a gospel for no reason other than that it pleases you to call it that. If there is a god and a hell, you'll surely burn for that. Fortunately for you, you don't have anything to worry about on that count.

(14-12-2012 02:13 AM)Egor Wrote:  Thanks for asking. In my opinion, a miracle occurs when something happens that there is no logical reason for happening. When something should go one way and goes another.

That can't be all there is to a miracle. There is no logical reason that I like Led Zeppelin but I don't like Pink Floyd. So by your definition, that must be a miracle.

How about "a miracle occurs when something happens that logically cannot ever, EVER, happen by any possible natural means." When you put that into your fake fraudulent gospel, make sure to cite me as the source.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 2 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post