A Stomach Strong Enough for Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 2 Average
18-12-2012, 04:26 PM
RE: A Stomach Strong Enough for Atheism
how arrogant must one be to claim he knows the answer to a currant unknowable? how arrogant to claim to know the mind of "god." how arrogant to claim to know what will happen after death. How arrogant to know "god" has a plan for you.. The quicker you admit you dont know the answers the quicker you will gain wisdom.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
18-12-2012, 07:34 PM (This post was last modified: 19-12-2012 02:07 AM by Mark Fulton.)
(18-12-2012 09:55 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(17-12-2012 06:15 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  We are totally indoctrinated into the modern (American) idea if Individualism.

Whatever. Here we are. The question of meaning and existence must be answered. Without God, there is no meaning to existence. If there is no God, ultimately nothing happens for any reason at all.

But I exist for a reason. God created my form in order to manifest some aspect of His nature within the physical universe. When I die, the body will dissolve, but the consciousness (which is all God's consciousness anyway) will continue on a lucid spiritual plane. I will continue to grow and evolve, until one day, I am full conscious of being God, and there will be no illusory mind/ego left. This is the act of God continually creating Himself.

(17-12-2012 06:03 AM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  Are you saying you would rather live a lie in that case?

If there is no God, the truth is without any redeeming features. Low level truth, like "It helps to put oil in the pan when frying an egg." might be temporarily important, but a truth like, "There is no God and life has no meaning," would be a useless truth.

(17-12-2012 06:22 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Well...as best I can tell, you're not exactly emotionally stable, are you! You rant and rave about rubbish, your understanding of anything complex is superficial at best, you're abusive, opinionated and loud. You change your mind impulsively, and use language that implies physical violence. Your only apparent redeeming feature is that you've probably managed to hold down a part time job as a nurse.

Yeah...but...you follow my posts. I don't even look at yours. There are those who impact, and those who are impacted upon. Just sayin. Unsure

Quote:Now, I might be completely wrong about you. The internet can't reveal a full impression of anyone. You may be a gentle pacifist and a humanist who cares for people, but you give absolutely no clues that that's the case.

I care about my patients. I am a humanist. But, no, I don't think anyone will ever accuse me of being a pacifist--especially a gentle one.
God, it's fun to talk about me! Isn't it, Mark? It's fun to study me, isn't it? I must admit, I am my favorite topic, just like I am your favorite topic. Yes

Quote:That's why I wouldn't want to be your next door neighbor...I doubt you can control your anger or suppress your nastiness.

I must admit, it would be hard not to pay kids to TP your house on a regular basis. But it's not like I'm going to drag you over, put your hand on my grill, and make you tell me if my BBQ coals are hot enough yet. No

(17-12-2012 07:13 AM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  You see, all of my reasoning and logic would have to be destroyed in order to cease my belief in God.

That's how I feel about it. Knowing what I know, experiencing what I have experienced, I would have to lie to myself to say there is no God, and I would feel like a fool.

(17-12-2012 08:33 AM)Vera Wrote:  What is beyond me is how pleasing a made-up, make-believe, unimaginably cruel entity, with morals from thousands of years ago (and not the most admirable even back then) can give anyone anything else than a feeling of dread and utter despair. I'll take random over your god any day of the week. Any of your gods.

(And, Egor, spare me how I am too stupid and evil to understand it. Don't bother trying to enlighten me.)

I don't give a shit if you're enlightened. The afterworld needs leaf blowers and MacDonald's workers, too.

(17-12-2012 01:33 PM)Impulse Wrote:  You didn't have a problem with non-existence before you were born and you won't have a problem with it after you die either. You just don't know it yet. (Although, unless you change your mind, technically you never will know it.)

Before I was born, I was God. After I die, I will continue to evolve and will be God again.
God makes us so we can make God. It's a consciousness thing.Einstein

Re...

"The question of meaning and existence must be answered. Without God, there is no meaning to existence. If there is no God, ultimately nothing happens for any reason at all. But I exist for a reason. God created my form in order to manifest some aspect of His nature within the physical universe."

This is the nonsense that churches fill people's heads with. It's all about the degradation of individuality and sense of self. Destroy someone's ego, and you control them.

Re...

"all my reasoning and logic would have to be destroyed in order to cease my belief in God"

What Egor really means is that he'd have to ignore all the brainwashing he's been exposed to since childhood. At the moment he doesn't have the intellectual ability or bravery to do that. Yet cognitive dissonance keeps tapping away, annoying him, hence the outbursts of anger, rudeness and lack of respect for others.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Mark Fulton's post
18-12-2012, 08:39 PM
(13-12-2012 12:40 AM)Egor Wrote:  Reading them in the correct manner will cause a rebirth of the human being into Christ. That's what I believe anyway.

Dunno 'bout some sorta "rebirth", but Girly is his own personal nihilistic Jebus who still reads the Red Letters for inspiration. So ain't gonna argue with that. But sure as shit ain't interested in proselytizing it, though. Every fucker's gotta find their own personal Gwynnies.

(18-12-2012 09:55 AM)Egor Wrote:  Before I was born, I was God. After I die, I will continue to evolve and will be God again.

You're doing it wrong. Before you were born you weren't. While you're conscious you are God. After you die you won't be again.

(18-12-2012 09:55 AM)Egor Wrote:  God makes us so we can make God. It's a consciousness thing.Einstein

That's what I just said, silly.

(18-12-2012 09:55 AM)Egor Wrote:  The question of meaning and existence must be answered. Without God, there is no meaning to existence. If there is no God, ultimately nothing happens for any reason at all.

(17-12-2012 05:29 AM)Egor Wrote:  What good is the truth if there is no meaning to life? The truth is just another thing in that case. And if the truth is that there is no purpose to life, then existence is futile. Experience is futile.

Yeah, so fucking what? What's the big deal? If you feel the need to add meaning to your otherwise useless, meaningless, purposeless existence, do like Girly does, make it up. Invent yourself. But if you can't bring yourself to realize that it's only transient, temporary, and artificial, then you're just another fucking pussy afraid to face their own mortality. A real God don't require no fucking continuity or permanence. That's some sorta pussy God.

(18-12-2012 07:34 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Re...

"all my reasoning and logic would have to be destroyed in order to cease my belief in God"

What Egor really means is that he'd have to ignore all the brainwashing he's been exposed to since childhood. At the moment he doesn't have the intellectual ability or bravery to do that. Yet cognitive dissonance keeps tapping away, annoying him, hence the outbursts of anger, rudeness and lack of respect for others.

Can't find that quote of Egor's to directly respond to it, but Egor's said similar shit in the past. Let's just say I wouldn't go to Egor asking "Hey can you check this proof for me?" Dude doesn't appear to even have a basic education in logic and reasoning let alone being some sorta Whitehead, Tarski, Russell, or Frege. Doesn't seem to grasp even basic, elementary aspects regarding the concept of "truth" to me.

This is not my signature.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
19-12-2012, 12:38 AM
(16-12-2012 04:15 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(16-12-2012 12:53 AM)kpax Wrote:  It's pretty clear after seven pages of thread, most of which I happily skipped, that our friend, Egor is an attention whore who has seems to be getting it on with all of you.....
"who has seems to be" Even ESL people don't fuck up syntax like that. Hobo

I point out you're a douche bag and you prove my point. Thanks!
[+] 1 user Likes kpax's post
19-12-2012, 12:49 AM
(18-12-2012 08:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Can't find that quote of Egor's to directly respond to it, but Egor's said similar shit in the past. Let's just say I wouldn't go to Egor asking "Hey can you check this proof for me?" Dude doesn't appear to even have a basic education in logic and reasoning let alone being some sorta Whitehead, Tarski, Russell, or Frege. Doesn't seem to grasp even basic, elementary aspects regarding the concept of "truth" to me.

Actually, Mark Fulton mistook what I said to be from Egor, shortly after he said he "genuinely" wants to understand me. -_-

Many of you on this forum need to calm down with your interpretation of what you read.
You're fully misunderstanding what I mean by "all my reasoning and logic would have to be destroyed in order to cease my belief in God"

Haven't you seen "2.0 Deconversion: The God Concept"?

It's far more accurate to what I mean, and you guys are blowing it out of proportion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12rP8ybp13s

“What you believe to be true will control you, whether it’s true or not.”

—Jeremy LaBorde
19-12-2012, 02:10 AM
(18-12-2012 08:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 12:40 AM)Egor Wrote:  Reading them in the correct manner will cause a rebirth of the human being into Christ. That's what I believe anyway.

Dunno 'bout some sorta "rebirth", but Girly is his own personal nihilistic Jebus who still reads the Red Letters for inspiration. So ain't gonna argue with that. But sure as shit ain't interested in proselytizing it, though. Every fucker's gotta find their own personal Gwynnies.

(18-12-2012 09:55 AM)Egor Wrote:  Before I was born, I was God. After I die, I will continue to evolve and will be God again.

You're doing it wrong. Before you were born you weren't. While you're conscious you are God. After you die you won't be again.

(18-12-2012 09:55 AM)Egor Wrote:  God makes us so we can make God. It's a consciousness thing.Einstein

That's what I just said, silly.

(18-12-2012 09:55 AM)Egor Wrote:  The question of meaning and existence must be answered. Without God, there is no meaning to existence. If there is no God, ultimately nothing happens for any reason at all.

(17-12-2012 05:29 AM)Egor Wrote:  What good is the truth if there is no meaning to life? The truth is just another thing in that case. And if the truth is that there is no purpose to life, then existence is futile. Experience is futile.

Yeah, so fucking what? What's the big deal? If you feel the need to add meaning to your otherwise useless, meaningless, purposeless existence, do like Girly does, make it up. Invent yourself. But if you can't bring yourself to realize that it's only transient, temporary, and artificial, then you're just another fucking pussy afraid to face their own mortality. A real God don't require no fucking continuity or permanence. That's some sorta pussy God.

Re...
"But if you can't bring yourself to realize that it's only transient,
temporary, and artificial, then you're just another fucking pussy afraid
to face their own mortality. A real God don't require no fucking
continuity or permanence. That's some sorta pussy God."

Why don't you tell him like it really is?
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
19-12-2012, 02:14 AM
(19-12-2012 12:49 AM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  
(18-12-2012 08:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Can't find that quote of Egor's to directly respond to it, but Egor's said similar shit in the past. Let's just say I wouldn't go to Egor asking "Hey can you check this proof for me?" Dude doesn't appear to even have a basic education in logic and reasoning let alone being some sorta Whitehead, Tarski, Russell, or Frege. Doesn't seem to grasp even basic, elementary aspects regarding the concept of "truth" to me.

Actually, Mark Fulton mistook what I said to be from Egor, shortly after he said he "genuinely" wants to understand me. -_-

Many of you on this forum need to calm down with your interpretation of what you read.
You're fully misunderstanding what I mean by "all my reasoning and logic would have to be destroyed in order to cease my belief in God"

Haven't you seen "2.0 Deconversion: The God Concept"?

It's far more accurate to what I mean, and you guys are blowing it out of proportion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12rP8ybp13s
Re

" Actually, Mark Fulton mistook what I said to be from Egor, shortly after he said he "genuinely" wants to understand me. "

Apologies if I misunderstood you. Please explain.
19-12-2012, 02:14 AM
Yeah, it's all about you, Idea. Dodgy

From the context it is clear that the previous two posts are stepping over you to get to Egor, and why is that? Because you're too "nice," and Egor, of course, is just a douchebag. Undecided

But then, what the fuck, like you respond to my complaint... so fuck you. Big Grin

God ain't what people think. Especially a bunch of self-righteous atheists. It's an identity function, it's a baseline identity function. Like how none of my cells are named John, but sure as fuck this life entitled "I love my Gwynnies." God is not the enemy, yet both sides lean in that direction, because they don't wanna answer the call of evolutionary imperative. In that, I wanna rip yer face off because you're different. The value of having my own religion, tell you I kill you all for my Gwynnies, y'all just pet me on the head. Good weirdo. Big Grin

When we stop questioning ourselves, we start to put answers in other's mouths. Atheism is the better position in that the questioning never ends. And if I really hafta kill someone for my Gwynnies - me first - cause it should be be obvious that he whose faith is greatest is most easily sacrificed. How come theists cannot figure this shit out? Consider

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
19-12-2012, 02:34 AM
(19-12-2012 02:14 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  " Actually, Mark Fulton mistook what I said to be from Egor, shortly after he said he "genuinely" wants to understand me. "

Apologies if I misunderstood you. Please explain.

I'm basically just saying that the process to my deconversion is a lengthy one. That's it, nothing much further than that.

The reason for that is the degree of my perspective is much deeper than just surface.
I don't believe in God because of silly reasons such as "My Parents raised me to believe in God", "I go to Church, and they teach me about God", "It only makes sense to believe in God", "Believing in God is the American thing to do".

My reason is more based on philosophy, reason and the laws of logic, circumstantial evidence and so on.
The evidences and arguments seem to tip the scale more in favor of an intelligent creator of the Universe than otherwise.
The scale, from my perspective, does not tip towards things like unicorns, fairys or leprechauns because they have no relevance towards existence. They, by definition, are irrelevant. The Universe does not require them for it's existence.

Anyways, I'm just trying to say that it is a long process before the scale would tip the other way for me. That is all.

houseofcantor Wrote:Yeah, it's all about you, Idea.

From the context it is clear that the previous two posts are stepping over you to get to Egor, and why is that? Because you're too "nice," and Egor, of course, is just a douchebag.

You do seem pretty peeved at me right here, so I'd love to understand why that is.
And it seems like you're saying I'm "nice" like it's a bad thing.
I'm not even nice all the time. Especially not to Vosur..
So maybe it's sarcasm. Who knows...

houseofcantor Wrote:But then, what the fuck, like you respond to my complaint... so fuck you.

O.o

I'm guessing I missed a complaint from you in which I did not respond?
I'm sorry about that. I can't always read everything on here. In fact, I can't read much at all on here. I am usually only on this site when I'm at work. When I go home, I play Black Ops 2 all day lol
On these work computers, I'm unable to see many things on this site because so many things are blocked by the system.
Anyways, sorry for pissing you off..

houseofcantor Wrote:God ain't what people think. Especially a bunch of self-righteous atheists. It's an identity function, it's a baseline identity function. Like how none of my cells are named John, but sure as fuck this life entitled "I love my Gwynnies." God is not the enemy, yet both sides lean in that direction, because they don't wanna answer the call of evolutionary imperative. In that, I wanna rip yer face off because you're different. The value of having my own religion, tell you I kill you all for my Gwynnies, y'all just pet me on the head. Good weirdo.

When we stop questioning ourselves, we start to put answers in other's mouths. Atheism is the better position in that the questioning never ends. And if I really hafta kill someone for my Gwynnies - me first - cause it should be be obvious that he whose faith is greatest is most easily sacrificed. How come theists cannot figure this shit out?

And, you honestly lost me here.
Quite abstract.

“What you believe to be true will control you, whether it’s true or not.”

—Jeremy LaBorde
19-12-2012, 03:06 AM (This post was last modified: 19-12-2012 03:09 AM by Mark Fulton.)
Re
"I'm basically just saying that the process to my deconversion is a lengthy one. That's it, nothing much further than that."

It sounds awfully like you're admitting you'll become an atheist one day. You're hanging on to your belief but deep down know you'll one day let go. Why not let go now? You'll like it!

Re
"The reason for that is the degree of my perspective is much deeper than just surface.I don't believe in God because of silly reasons such as "My Parents raised me to believe in God", "I go to Church, and they teach me about God", "It only makes sense to believe in God", "Believing in God is the American thing to do". My reason is more based on philosophy, reason and the laws of logic, circumstantial evidence and so on. The evidences and arguments seem to tip the scale more in favor of an intelligent creator of the Universe than otherwise."

I disagree. Your reasoning is based mainly on wishful thinking. There is not one iota of tangible evidence for the existence of god. You are chasing your tail believing in something for which there is no evidence. No scale tipping would be necessary if you had evidence.

Re
"The scale, from my perspective, does not tip towards things like unicorns, fairys or leprechauns because they have no relevance towards existence. They, by definition, are irrelevant. The Universe does not require them for it's existence.
Anyways, I'm just trying to say that it is a long process before the scale would tip the other way for me. That is all."

So....if you had been told since you were a baby that a leprechaun made the universe and was responsible for "existence," you would, by definition, believe in leprechauns. My friend...god is a leprechaun. He's a construct to fill in a gap. Think about it.