• 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-08-2012, 09:56 PM
A TV channel only second best (worst?) to FoxNews

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-08-2012, 10:21 PM
RE: A TV channel only second best (worst?) to FoxNews
OK.... so he was obsessed with aircraft... then had nightmares about it... then who knows what people said to the child (or even mentioned about the war)...

Although if this article is right (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/articl...-life.html ), it would be interesting that the child didn't know what the pilots called the Japanese "sun" symbol. Given the time that passed its a little harder to find "legit" things, but the snopes site message boards said the child visited a museum and spent a few hours in the WWII section.... another place (http://www.reversespins.com/proofofreincarnation.html ) said he was taken to a therapist who believed in reincarnation--and encouraged the parents to "encourage" the child to talk about his "memories".... Then toss in a child's way of speaking (potentially) who knows if the parents "corrected" the child's words into what they know, then the child started using it.

I wouldn't even consider buying a reincarnation story until a baby is born, speaks in another language, needs an interpreter, and has the words "who the hell are you people? Where's Amy [or whoever] my wife?" or something so obviously all-but impossible for a baby to do (ok, the foreign language isn't needed, but it'd sure help). Then as soon as the child can walk, starts picking locks, driving a car, riding a bicycle, and otherwise performing some job (like designing a spacecraft--something big would be nice) making engineering-ready blueprints (maybe using an autocad program too) when not even 24 months old. Then, I would consider the person worthy of study to see--as I'd still find it could have other reasons behind it.
[+] 1 user Likes elemts's post
31-08-2012, 12:50 AM
(25-08-2012 10:21 PM)elemts Wrote:  OK.... so he was obsessed with aircraft... then had nightmares about it... then who knows what people said to the child (or even mentioned about the war)...

Although if this article is right (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/articl...-life.html ), it would be interesting that the child didn't know what the pilots called the Japanese "sun" symbol. Given the time that passed its a little harder to find "legit" things, but the snopes site message boards said the child visited a museum and spent a few hours in the WWII section.... another place (http://www.reversespins.com/proofofreincarnation.html ) said he was taken to a therapist who believed in reincarnation--and encouraged the parents to "encourage" the child to talk about his "memories".... Then toss in a child's way of speaking (potentially) who knows if the parents "corrected" the child's words into what they know, then the child started using it.

Probably. That we cannot explain this episode at this time, doesn't mean there isn't a perfectly good explanation for it. We just don't know that perfectly good explanation yet. Happens all the time.

But somebody obviously said the magic words to that boy. Somebody who didn't learn from Fawlty Towers:

Quote:I wouldn't even consider buying a reincarnation story until a baby is born, speaks in another language, needs an interpreter, and has the words "who the hell are you people? Where's Amy [or whoever] my wife?" or something so obviously all-but impossible for a baby to do (ok, the foreign language isn't needed, but it'd sure help). Then as soon as the child can walk, starts picking locks, driving a car, riding a bicycle, and otherwise performing some job (like designing a spacecraft--something big would be nice) making engineering-ready blueprints (maybe using an autocad program too) when not even 24 months old. Then, I would consider the person worthy of study to see--as I'd still find it could have other reasons behind it.

It's odd, this reincarnation business. I'll grant you that. Worth looking into for curiosity's sake, imo. Because the phenomenon in real life hasn't of course yet seemed to exactly change the course of history!
Until it does I would suggest let's not overrate it's importance.
05-09-2012, 01:21 PM
Kid sounds tarded.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Religion at it's best (aka worst) Hughsie 0 104 12-03-2014 08:22 PM
Last Post: Hughsie