A Terribly Terrifying 'What if?' Concerning the Afterlife

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-10-2013, 01:30 AM
A Terribly Terrifying 'What if?' Concerning the Afterlife
Laying in my bed. Insomnia is my close personal friend. I'm listening to some happy go lucky song through some uncomfortable earbuds and I had a sudden and terrible thought. We could all be in hell. At least, my version of hell. It hit me from below. What if we are all dead, and have been. We are all re-living the same life over and over again. Nothing changes. We forget everything when we die and cycle back over again. What a terrible thought. I imagine this would be a comfortable possibility for some. Personally, I think I'd rather vanish into nothingness, never to be seen again. That seems a little scary itself, but a life on repeat, that scares me to my core.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2013, 01:38 AM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 02:03 AM by absols.)
RE: A Terribly Terrifying 'What if?' Concerning the Afterlife
why dont u say what u mean by their names, it would sound less absurd then calling it hell or redo ur life or vanishing in emptiness ...wat r u talking about ???

how would u vanish if u r in hell???

hell by definition is forcing you to b the reverse of wat u could b

say ur idea or ur understanding and mean to talk about normally

why cant u or wont u

and

if else exist then present is true

now ur ways of pretending being on ur bed alone in the darkness of the night confirm the liar u r

when present is true then u should expect a lot of true facts u dont know that could b seen present too and become real

which explain more the reality of now since noone could expected the evil reality force and powers in all present existence like it is clear now nor could anyone wants it nor lived it

especially as a religious guy that i think u r

wat life did u live when u followed spiritual life in meaning to obey rules so never about u

then this is different then what u ever knew or was, then present is now real

it is more right to see what is happening as the price of conscious being

giving conscious to anything that dont deserve it is also falling in truth hands

conscious is not smthg that u can kill that easily when it is the essential reason of existence when it is a right to b from being right in truth so existence rights of right existing points

but also it is a trap, bc conscious cant b but in truth so in the positive sense so evil must b executed totally if true conscious is there

but even if false conscious u get trapped in relative terms, u must b all ur real means of knowing or conscious about till the end of being really all ur meaning wills and willing means identity end point where then out of everything since all what u r, so out of this u could chose to not b, but in freedom too there is else even more
03-10-2013, 01:44 AM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 01:48 AM by evenheathen.)
I think Groundhog Day covered this. You are correct, it would be a personal hell.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
03-10-2013, 02:54 AM
I've got problems, like everybody has problems, but this life seems pretty good so far. Sure my nervous system is fucked, and I have no career to speak of, but things would need to get much worse for this to be a personal hell. The sun shines, the flowers bloom, snow cascades, the autumn leaves still colour my world, and though some rainy days may drive us reflectively inward, every once in a while the stars will remind us of possibilities that lay ahead. And if its so bad, at least you forget it at the end.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
03-10-2013, 03:00 AM
It isn't that my life is bad. As far as life's go, I got a good one. It'd be nice to have enough money to do whatever I wanted to do, whenever I wanted to do it. It'd be nice to be an inch or two taller. In other words, my life isn't perfect, but I still have a pretty good one. The problem with it is the inability to escape the cycle. It's an immortal jail cell from which you cannot escape. You cannot do something original. It's the same reason why people don't like the idea of predestination, except this example is more in your face, and you're doomed to repeat it....forever. That's scary to me. No control whatsoever, not even the ability to say 'enough is enough, I'm out'.

03-10-2013, 05:32 AM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 05:54 AM by absols.)
(03-10-2013 02:54 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I've got problems, like everybody has problems, but this life seems pretty good so far. Sure my nervous system is fucked, and I have no career to speak of, but things would need to get much worse for this to be a personal hell. The sun shines, the flowers bloom, snow cascades, the autumn leaves still colour my world, and though some rainy days may drive us reflectively inward, every once in a while the stars will remind us of possibilities that lay ahead. And if its so bad, at least you forget it at the end.

i liked what u said u seem being a positive one like me, true positive is freedom right beyond infinite superiority lols the present value, my nervous system too i dunno why nor how i use to love dancing i could b feel beyond all means only me the free right

it cant b like he said when someone feel forced so it is not the real one, revealing present existence but then truth is what must prevail as existing first and above

but it is true that one is hell end, i always said without ever thinking the matter but from meaning others obvious facts that one is always evil idenity in truth

and that is how it cant b one existence nor that can b ever meant, isolating any is wrong when any is free but not isolated and reality is truth of free values ends in positive value term absolutely existence right confirmed

when someone is right then he wasnt really being nor living so how would he repeat his life
right is beyond truth what cares about values realities so about reality itself in truth facts so within itself alone presence freely not for truth but bc right true so more then hundredpercent present

im not hallucinating nor inventing justifications it is about facts of truth how it is true it is not a game nor a dark box to invent livings through

it is just that when truth reject one while being always through reality freely out of different free values moves, then one become an opportunist hot topic to possess which truth would call always evil as the reversing will to truth to live through in powers, but also it is about identifications of ones through the revelation of the worse one, god

again those words are true they must belong to forever, existence is a fact for always the all possible that concern any conscious presence, when possible is always the source of conscious stands or free wills as the ways of evil means

else superiority is the ticket to possible existence, that is how truth so free reality is meaning objective value as else superiority that justify being

so as if truth is becoming nothing so limited free stand the most possible to limit for else superiority the real

when else is the superior from else totally objective then superiority is true objectively and right superiority is the free left, those conceptions of depth are what open gates to real existence from being right instead of right being

like if right being exist then it opens the gate for being right too if right being is the only fact absolute existing free

and if being right become absolute being then we can witness i guess smthg beyond right being

it is a shame that it is meant to garbage words, all those are rights superiority it cant b stepped on like that by evil while being living shit

one is always wrong, bc any is absolutely only and exponentially so true

then one cant move nor mean anything since it must b the same one who means reality that get big n bigger of nonsense and all shit insistence to pretend being else itself by force and possessions of any right bc it must b true else to pretend being else so relatively it
it is really freaky minds, why do we have to deal with that it is useless and doesnt make sense we have much better to do always
03-10-2013, 05:53 AM
Re: A Terribly Terrifying 'What if?' Concerning the Afterlife
Then live your life so where you could be pleased to live it all over again. That was a view for life in general by Nietzsche I think.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
03-10-2013, 05:58 AM
Obviously I won't be conscience of something like that being true because I have yet to obtain omniscience, but it's just the thought of it that's frightening. I think maybe I'm being unclear somehow. Does no one else think that would be dreadful? I'm not seriously considering that to be the case.

03-10-2013, 06:07 AM
(03-10-2013 03:00 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  It isn't that my life is bad. As far as life's go, I got a good one. It'd be nice to have enough money to do whatever I wanted to do, whenever I wanted to do it. It'd be nice to be an inch or two taller. In other words, my life isn't perfect, but I still have a pretty good one. The problem with it is the inability to escape the cycle. It's an immortal jail cell from which you cannot escape. You cannot do something original. It's the same reason why people don't like the idea of predestination, except this example is more in your face, and you're doomed to repeat it....forever. That's scary to me. No control whatsoever, not even the ability to say 'enough is enough, I'm out'.

hell is what is forced so it has nothing to do with being immortal, bc it is fake being, like animals, it is proven that what exist of animals life is the force powerful life out not the miserable thing

bc one is wrong and evil if absolute one in truth, then one is weak that can b forced to stop or enslave
so evil willing means like ur god, know how to isolate ones then it is easy to play any life possible out of that while checking always how those ones are taking all the risks of wrong being to pay for when someones must pay for things to move on

i hate ur stories and how i must keep reversing wat u use reversed and give dark picture of truth

it is the beggining of one end bc it is the beggining of true existence free right always very close to zero, what is freaking scary is how long that one end gonna take, while yelling that true begginning is a living right much more right to begin as present
who cares about ur one end why dont u get a real slap to start with, so true beggining could look priority as superior mean living
03-10-2013, 04:08 PM
(03-10-2013 01:30 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  We are all re-living the same life over and over again. Nothing changes. We forget everything when we die and cycle back over again. What a terrible thought. I imagine this would be a comfortable possibility for some. Personally, I think I'd rather vanish into nothingness, never to be seen again. That seems a little scary itself, but a life on repeat, that scares me to my core.

Nah, amor fati, brother amor fati. They're both the same. Both demand sucking the marrow out of each moment.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.