A "Thank You"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2010, 06:33 AM

RE: A "Thank You"
(02-09-2010 08:07 PM)No J. Wrote:  Even our token theist is sane and intellegent.(Still suffering some brainwashing, but most of us were there, too.)

No J., I'll let that slide since you pre-redeemed yourself before the brainwashing comment Wink. Levi, although we don't agree on this topic, I hope you can feel like you can talk to me without judgement or antagonism.
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2010, 06:54 AM

(03-09-2010 12:05 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I hope you're going somewhere that you have access to the internet. You became a part of our strange little dysfunctional family here pretty quick. It'd suck not having you around for two months.
Thank you! I should have Internet access when I'm in my office ... probably not at my lodging, though. So I'll be checking in whenever possible, rest assured.

I like very much being a member of this group - it's not dysfunctional, from where I sit. This thread seems to validate that opinion - we're even trying to help (in a cool, calm, rational way) a theist curious about atheism! I appreciate the effort in setting up the forum, as well as the great videos and other resources available here.
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2010, 09:33 AM
I hope you have a good trip, Chuck! Please do check in when possible! Smile

And I'm afraid it's a little different for you, Barley--no offense intended at all. You've impressed me as a good person for sure, but it's the disagreement that makes it difficult in the first place. =P Not to say I'm not glad you're here or anything, only I don't feel like I have the same freedom of ranting without fear of offending you, you know? Again, no offense intended. Smile

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2010, 10:27 AM
Hey, this is an atheist site. If Barley couldn't stomach a little ranting now and then, he wouldn't be here. Cool

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
03-09-2010, 07:46 PM
(03-09-2010 10:27 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Hey, this is an atheist site. If Barley couldn't stomach a little ranting now and then, he wouldn't be here. Cool

Fair enough! He's bound to have seen my rants already anyway, I'm sure. =P

So you too, Barley! Tongue

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
03-09-2010, 08:04 PM
(03-09-2010 06:33 AM)BarleyMcFlexo Wrote:  
(02-09-2010 08:07 PM)No J. Wrote:  Even our token theist is sane and intellegent.(Still suffering some brainwashing, but most of us were there, too.)

No J., I'll let that slide since you pre-redeemed yourself before the brainwashing comment Wink. Levi, although we don't agree on this topic, I hope you can feel like you can talk to me without judgement or antagonism.

Yes I can, and almost all people suffer brainwashing, me included.
Brainwashing clashing with my need to know and my sense of logic have been, in part, responsible for leading to a number of years of therapy. I still suffer from it, but I have made a huge improvement and am still improving. I have no desire to see you go through what I did. If you do become an atheist I hope your journey is a lot easier than mine was. If you don't, I hope you learn to appriciate us as people and that, if you are right about god, it is not your job to covert us. If god is all powerful then why can't he do it?
On second thought, I have heard way too many answers to that question already.
Find all posts by this user