A Toast

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2011, 12:50 PM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2011 04:17 PM by defacto7.)
A Toast
There are a couple of people on this forum that I have great admiration for. I admire them and I would have to say more rightly I envy them. I envy anyone who has never been born into the lies of religion. To be born free of indoctrination into the false securities of faith is very difficult to fathom for a person who has been taught it from childhood, has succumbed to it's prostitution and sunk into it's clutches only to find it an empty bucket. A person who has found the way out of the quagmire deals with it's memory like a child who has been raped by a priest never forgets. It's a life long struggle that I wish I had been free of. I wish I had been able to use the best and youngest years of my life in the ecstasy of reason and could have reached for the stars from the start and instead of spending the rest of my life clearing out the rubbish.

I also understand the disorientation or boredom you have to go through with the rest of us who are still hashing out the old neurosis on the forum. Apologies to you and thanks for understanding.

My Wife is in this category, I know Zatamon is also one of these. I hesitate to name others because I don't know you well enough to say for sure but if there are those among us who do know some of these people by name, don't hesitate to add to this list if you feel the same admiration I do.

I lift a toast to those who were truly free from the start and I hope for generations to come to be free from religious tyranny.

Here's to you!

- My dear Wife
- Zatamon
- Wife of Kineo
- Stark Raving

Who can turn skies back and begin again?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like defacto7's post
29-11-2011, 01:14 PM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2011 01:51 PM by kineo.)
RE: A Toast
Very good post! My wife also falls in that category, but does not post on these boards. I know that to many of you a lot of the discussions on these boards are "old hat". But for me, it's a relatively new period in my life and it is good to see and hear from those who have never had to dig yourself out of the mire of religion.
[+] 4 users Like kineo's post
29-11-2011, 01:19 PM
Well, since Stark just laid out the order of operations, that would be:

Seth
Stark Raving
The Unbeliever
Deep Thought

That covers the framework for the conception

Then the Alien on Call. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
29-11-2011, 01:38 PM
To late and absent friends.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
[+] 2 users Like Peterkin's post
29-11-2011, 01:49 PM

(29-11-2011 12:50 PM)defacto7 Wrote:  I also understand the disorientation or boredom you have to go through with the rest of us who are still hashing out the old neurosis on the forum. Apologies to you and thanks for understanding.

Thanks, defacto, now I feel like shit! Sad

You are right, I have been one of the fortunate who grew up with a scientific education in a country that was officially anti-religious.

My very first thread on this forum was what I called "Non-issues we talk so much about". That title was stupid and arrogant -- since then I have learned what a big issue it can be to people who were not as lucky as I was.

Since then, too, I have expressed excruciating boredom with some of the topics (Jesus, bible, etc) that regularly come up here, but I always felt a pang of guilt doing that because by then I knew how real these topics were to many of the posters.

I can't undo those examples of impatience, but I can promise never to do it again and be a LOT more understanding and compassionate than I have been to date.

Thanks again, defacto, for connecting the dots for me. Smile

I raise my glass (with Scotch in it) to defacto for making this thread! Smile
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Zatamon's post
29-11-2011, 03:23 PM
When I said Unbeliever, I meant, the Observer. It was a post-and-run accident. Wink

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
29-11-2011, 03:39 PM
(29-11-2011 03:23 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  When I said Unbeliever, I meant, the Observer. It was a post-and-run accident. Wink

Are they all "never been religious" people? I'm going to start editing the list at the top.

29-11-2011, 04:06 PM
I'm a "never been religous" person, and I think Observer is too, but I'll let him confirm that himself. I do know he is a devout baby-eater though.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
29-11-2011, 04:12 PM
Let the historical record indicate: this

And I wasn't a "believer" then. Wink

29-11-2011, 04:13 PM
(29-11-2011 04:06 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I'm a "never been religous" person, and I think Observer is too, but I'll let him confirm that himself. I do know he is a devout baby-eater though.

Yes, I know that the baby eating is an infinitely more advanced form of atheism. I hope I can achieve that level some day... Wink I am only up to rodents at this point.

[+] 1 user Likes defacto7's post