A Very Misanthropik Bible Study

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
10-10-2014, 02:36 PM
RE: A Very Misanthropik Bible Study
A really good example for him that I found online would be quote-mining Psalm 14:1.

"For example: I could quote Psalm 14:1 as saying 'There is no god.' But anyone who bothers to actually get their hands on the book and look it up will see that the verse actually states quite the opposite. So, if I were to tell someone that the Bible itself says 'There is no god' in Psalm 14:1 while leaving out the rest of what the verse was actually trying to say, would you think I was being dishonest?"

"Of course! And that's what a lot of people in the world have to resort to because they can't make a better argument against what they don't really understand."

"I agree. And I'm glad you see things that way, because I'd like to direct your attention to this folder I've got, here..."

Game. Set. Match. Thumbsup

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Misanthropik's post
10-10-2014, 03:20 PM
I am on the edge of my seat. Too bad you can't surreptitiously video the exchange.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
15-10-2014, 02:53 PM
Missed studies. Emails and texts left unresponded to. Loosely-constructed excuses as to why we haven't been able to meet up.

I'm concerned. Consider

And unfortunately, I've been much too busy with moving and my clients to press him as hard as I've wanted. I'm gonna try one more time to schedule another study. After that, my schedule doesn't afford me the time to hold his hand and coax him into facing the truth of his cult's activities.

15-10-2014, 06:24 PM
Kick his ass Sea Bass!
15-10-2014, 08:17 PM
(15-10-2014 02:53 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Missed studies. Emails and texts left unresponded to. Loosely-constructed excuses as to why we haven't been able to meet up.

I'm concerned. Consider

And unfortunately, I've been much too busy with moving and my clients to press him as hard as I've wanted. I'm gonna try one more time to schedule another study. After that, my schedule doesn't afford me the time to hold his hand and coax him into facing the truth of his cult's activities.

Nooo! It's the double-down. Hes gotten a glimpse of the truth but he's not ready to face it!

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
29-10-2014, 10:27 PM
Well, I tried. I sent him an email to which I got no response, and I even ran into him at a burger joint earlier this week. He did the whole "bro" handshake and then immediately ran to round up his young cousins. He soon left without looking at me again.

So, I guess that's that. Sleepy

30-10-2014, 12:20 AM
Consider sounds like it's over

It doesn't mean you "failed." Clearly, you got the man questioning. He's backing off to reevaluate his own beliefs. I did that as well to a former atheist friend when I was trying desperately to hold onto my last shreds of faith. Blush

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
30-10-2014, 03:22 AM
Ah, that kinda sucks. But I'm not surprised.

Mostly I'm just disappointed I won't get to read about your studies with him anymore Tongue

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
30-10-2014, 05:22 AM
(29-10-2014 10:27 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Well, I tried. I sent him an email to which I got no response, and I even ran into him at a burger joint earlier this week. He did the whole "bro" handshake and then immediately ran to round up his young cousins. He soon left without looking at me again.

You might want to sleep with one eye open. He's probably organizing an exorcism for you since you are clearly of Satan.Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-10-2014, 11:02 AM
(30-10-2014 05:22 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-10-2014 10:27 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Well, I tried. I sent him an email to which I got no response, and I even ran into him at a burger joint earlier this week. He did the whole "bro" handshake and then immediately ran to round up his young cousins. He soon left without looking at me again.

You might want to sleep with one eye open. He's probably organizing an exorcism for you since you are clearly of Satan.Drinking Beverage

He'll have to get in line. lol