A Vikings walks into a bar-

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2016, 10:04 AM
Wink A Vikings walks into a bar-
- and says, "ya'know, we never did have horns on those helmets."

Hello, I'm Einharjar and I'm a chronic Atheist.
I am. I do things, a lot; I'm skeptical, I search for the truth, I honor it. And.. uh. dare I say, I love... even, science. *GASP*... sometimes I even... I even dabble in it! Oh the Horror!

Yes, yes. I'm new here and I've been apart of an online Atheist community once before. I'm typically a closet Atheist - not because I fear admitting my beliefs? But because I just, don't feel the need to announce them. I mean - ... they're mine. That's all that matters, ya? Well, so I thought... after awhile I felt the need to share because, growing up in TX - that opportunity was rather slim - I don't fear critique at all but people simply choosing to not talk to you? Stone Walling is a far more difficult problem.
I had a very strong Christian up bringing and even had my own bible classes. Mainly studied prophecy and the old testament. I never did focus on the Gospels too much.
Simple logic was always a ringing doubt when it came to my research and studies. I guess it was a matter of time; once away from the source influence (the family) I was free to think for myself.

I joined a community about 2 years ago, almost 3. It was great n' all but I guess something about that community was high profile to the religious trolls. I'm not the one who goes trolling the Mormon online services "ask us anything!" n' crap and I didn't feel at ease seeing that previous community bombarded with such trolls. I know it still likely happens here; but over all? I felt this community was fairing differently.

About myself, you say? Hm; well -

I'm a minor musician and like over 75% of the planet I play the guitar because that's so unique *cough* but I love it all the same. My favorite band is Opeth.

I also do visual art! Yes, well... did. Growing up ruins a lot of things because artsy fartsy things cost a fuck to of money. Did charcoal, clay sculpting, sketch - classed as a fantasy realist. Found Boris Vallejo to be a inspiration.

I also... write! I have no idea how good I am at it, so don't feel shy about judging my future text walls. I do know that I'm a very creative one - I was actually tested for it and, I'm proud of that at least. However, I know that I butcher the English language on an hourly basis so... *sigh*, sorry.

For career - I've done Quality Engineering in multiple fields, currently career switching to IT because why the fuck not; I love computers and am a told sci-fi nerd! I also love planes and thus the only reason why I use my ancient PS3 is because of Ace Combat Infinity... to bad that game isn't realistic worth a damn. DCS looks amazing though.

Anyways - I know this is becoming an open letter that's assaulting your eye balls. What an intro! What humanity is this? Just one who wants a group of like minded, unbiased, eyes open and unblended people to talk to, about issues that really matter in our world. Philosophy, Sciences, Ideologies. To do what's very well the title of this Forum; to think out loud and in unison.

Now, forgive me - I'm off to post in a fit of expression.

Oh, and call me Ein for short - save yourself the trouble. Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Einharjar's post
05-06-2016, 11:33 AM
RE: A Vikings walks into a bar-
Welcome aboard.

Smile

05-06-2016, 11:40 AM
Welcome.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
05-06-2016, 11:53 AM
Welcome back from Mars.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-06-2016, 01:02 PM
Welcome Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
05-06-2016, 03:50 PM
I like you. Welcome to here.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
05-06-2016, 05:24 PM
Nice. Greetings, dude. ^v^

☆☆☆
05-06-2016, 06:36 PM
Good intro!

We have lots of fans of aircraft and military stuff in general (self included!), computer people (self not included!), and even those who already knew that the Vikings did not put horns on their helmets. (I was a history minor, and would point out that there were some examples of ceremonial helmets from pre-Common Era times that show horns, but they would never have been worn in battle... the peoples who became known as the Vikings would never be so impractical as to add "rip my helmet off my head" handles.)

Your background sounds a lot like mine, as I was born in Texas and raised in Georgia and Louisiana by fundamentalist Southern Baptist parents, with a lot of Bible study of the sort you describe.

So welcome to a place you can actually express yourself. I think you'll fit right in!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
05-06-2016, 06:53 PM
Laugh out load You're fun and funny. Nothing like a joke to introduce yourself.

Welcome!!!!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
05-06-2016, 08:00 PM
Welcome to the nut house. Pull up a shell.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.