A Way To Rebut "Discrimination Against Atheism"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2014, 06:45 AM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2014 06:55 AM by Paranoid.)
A Way To Rebut "Discrimination Against Atheism"
Someone asked me, "If atheism isn't wrong, then why almost everyone's against it?"

First, yes almost everyone is against it but it doesn't make it wrong. Everyone and anyone can be in the wrong path by being taught the wrong way. Our way of learning today, how can you even say that they're right enough to be just that as being JUST an artificial concept for our modern understanding? But in other ways, there are things being explained clearly by which more people are turning into atheists for being open-minded with what is really right and wrong. I mean, who will prefer doing good things just because they fear their so called "Lord" or want heaven as an award for the end rather than do good things in a mature way of understanding that it is right and for the better of the world. If there are such religions that follow the universal salvation, then still, not all.

Another thing is it is because of misunderstanding. I mean, what's so wrong about atheism? Discrimination against atheism comes by having their descriptions of people who have horns and tails. In America, it was said that atheism is the most distrusted group and why? Atheists do not crash planes into skyscrapers. Atheists do not kill other people to discover the facts of science (if his/her center for understanding is science) Well, that's expected though.

What atheism says is that;

"It is not different with believing one god or another or even become a polytheist because it is just a mutual understanding that one should believe one or more individually. So it is not different with believing Thor, Christ, or Zeus as of what Dawkins have said. All we do is that this life is the only life that we have and so we have to value it and live to the fullest and not believe in afterlife to just live for the present and not for it."

Scientific atheists talk about cosmos, nature, and reality, and so what is its bad effect for mankind? There are rebellious atheists or even criminal atheists but it is not because they do not believe in god. It is a personal problem that gave effect on them. But then, look at these holy wars. They are criminality against each other's religion for the name of their god.

Let's bring the topic back to scientific atheism. Why have discrimination against us if our disbelief system is in the laws of science that actually works! The lights work. The cars work. Your laptops work. The measurement of time is accurate (even if it doesn't exist relatively). There is no scientific authority to say that you have to believe in these facts, but whether you like it or not; they are true and they will work.

Science only answer things that come to question. If there's a new hypothesis, it can be brought into a law or even a theory with more explanations and evidences that are more likely to be true and science is willing to change its mind for it. But if there is such a non-sensible hypothesis (like the God Hypothesis) then science does not give a damn about it.

So my answer is that people misunderstood atheism that it is a belief system against religions, but atheism won't be against something they do not even believe in. Atheism just denies the hypothesis that god exists and it is not different from denying the "Big Rip Theory" and rather believe the "Big Crunch Theory". And disbelieving god is just the side effect of understanding reality, so it is a disbelief or refusal of believing something not likely to be true and people misunderstand who we are.

FIGHT FOR ATHEISM! Be peacefully evangelical. Do not force others to believe. Let them think for themselves. Give them atheistic options. Let them reflect. Spread the unholy word of truth and reality!

I am an atheist not by conclusion but by nature.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Paranoid's post
06-11-2014, 07:27 AM
RE: A Way To Rebut "Discrimination Against Atheism"
Most people do not believe in most religions, just the one they belong to. Christianity is the largest group, but only have approx. 30% of the total world wide population that agree with them.

If people would apply the same standard of proof to the religion they believe in as they do to the ones they do not believe in they would stop believing.
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
06-11-2014, 08:10 AM
I suspect a lot of it has to do with the common misconception that atheists are people who hate god. Under the belief that atheists know there is a god but are actively fighting him we'd be potentially dangerous (Stargate SG1 aside...). I've had more than 1 theist tell me that they don't believe that I don't believe and that I'm just rebelling so I can sin. (In which case I think I'd be having a hell of a lot more fun.)

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
06-11-2014, 08:17 AM
(06-11-2014 07:27 AM)wazzel Wrote:  Most people do not believe in most religions, just the one they belong to. Christianity is the largest group, but only have approx. 30% of the total world wide population that agree with them.

Yeah, for every one person that believes Christianity is correct, two believe it is wrong.

All that guy is doing is slicing the demographic pie differently until he gets the results he likes. Christianity is still too small of a slice to make an effective argument from popularity? Divide it into theists and atheists, and then make fun of atheists! Bonus points if you include people who identify as agnostic and non-religious with the theists just to make the "atheist" slice smaller!*

* This actually gets done a lot when people want to paint atheism as larger or smaller to suit their purpose.

(06-11-2014 07:27 AM)wazzel Wrote:  If people would apply the same standard of proof to the religion they believe in as they do to the ones they do not believe in they would stop believing.

No kidding.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
06-11-2014, 08:38 AM
Argumentum ad populum is a terrific fallacy, isn't it? Everyone once thought the earth was flat and the center of the universe too.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
06-11-2014, 09:05 AM
(06-11-2014 08:10 AM)unfogged Wrote:  I suspect a lot of it has to do with the common misconception that atheists are people who hate god. Under the belief that atheists know there is a god but are actively fighting him we'd be potentially dangerous (Stargate SG1 aside...). I've had more than 1 theist tell me that they don't believe that I don't believe and that I'm just rebelling so I can sin. (In which case I think I'd be having a hell of a lot more fun.)
Don't you love it when complete strangers try to tell you what you believe?Dodgy

Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than the sage among his books. For to you kingdoms and their armies are things mighty and enduring, but to him they are but toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger.”

― Gordon R. Dickson
06-11-2014, 09:18 AM
(06-11-2014 06:45 AM)Paranoid Wrote:  "If atheism isn't wrong, then why almost everyone's against it?"

Suggest they watch the movie Logan's Run and ask themselves if the world outside the bubble cities wasn't toxic and in ruin, then why did everyone believe it was?
06-11-2014, 09:24 AM
(06-11-2014 08:10 AM)unfogged Wrote:  I've had more than 1 theist tell me that they don't believe that I don't believe and that I'm just rebelling so I can sin.

I'm guitly of that too. Accept with me, I think anyone above certian level of maturity and experience has a hard time taking seriously the notion of magical super beings.
06-11-2014, 10:01 AM
(06-11-2014 06:45 AM)Paranoid Wrote:  Someone asked me, "If atheism isn't wrong, then why almost everyone's against it?"
You know wouldn't that make atheism correct according to the persecution verses?
1 Peter 3:14 - But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy [are ye]: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;

Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than the sage among his books. For to you kingdoms and their armies are things mighty and enduring, but to him they are but toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger.”

― Gordon R. Dickson
[+] 1 user Likes Winterwolf00's post
07-11-2014, 09:29 AM
(06-11-2014 07:27 AM)wazzel Wrote:  Most people do not believe in most religions, just the one they belong to. Christianity is the largest group, but only have approx. 30% of the total world wide population that agree with them.

If people would apply the same standard of proof to the religion they believe in as they do to the ones they do not believe in they would stop believing.

True, and in my post, I am just stating generally of what kind of beliefs are there to exist and are believed at.

I am an atheist not by conclusion but by nature.