A Xians lying about being an atheist, for "God"...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-04-2014, 08:53 PM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2014 08:58 PM by Raptor Jesus.)
RE: Xians lying about being atheist, for "God"...
(07-04-2014 08:44 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Huh. Satyr, cockatrice, and unicorn are all new to me being in the Bible. I have them in my Monster Manual.

Yes, but you could argue that it's not really too. But there are translations that do use the word unicorn, but other used a different animal in that place. It really depends on what version you read.

Job 39:9-10
King James Version (KJV)

9 Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee, or abide by thy crib?
10 Canst thou bind the unicorn with his band in the furrow? or will he harrow the valleys after thee?

For example as a side by side comparison...

Job 39:9-10
New International Version (NIV)

9 “Will the wild ox consent to serve you?
Will it stay by your manger at night?
10 Can you hold it to the furrow with a harness?
Will it till the valleys behind you?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2014, 05:32 AM
RE: A Xians lying about being an atheist, for "God"...
(07-04-2014 08:37 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  It the lying about being an atheist that really gets to me. Like if they lie and say, "I'm an atheist, and even I know what it says in the bible is true", people on the fence wont see through that obvious bullshit, and will think..."well, if even an atheist believes the bible is true, then it must be..."
No I was on the fence for a time. I though people like this were crazy no matter what they claimed to be.
08-04-2014, 05:52 AM
(07-04-2014 08:53 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(07-04-2014 08:44 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Huh. Satyr, cockatrice, and unicorn are all new to me being in the Bible. I have them in my Monster Manual.

Yes, but you could argue that it's not really too. But there are translations that do use the word unicorn, but other used a different animal in that place. It really depends on what version you read.

Yeah, I googled those three right after I left this site. Google's autocomplete showed me that I was not the first person to ask these questions. Some of the top sites were Christian apologetics sites, and they maintain that the translators didn't have words for the Hebrew words, so they just put in an approximation.

This may or may not be accurate, although it is mighty convenient that all of the provably false parts of the Bible are translation errors and not simple bullshit. If you tell these people that instances of "homosexuality" was actually a mistranslation of "male pedophilia", they'll tell you you're wrong and that Biblical gay-hating is the for real deal. Cuz, reasons.
08-04-2014, 09:22 AM
One could argue that dragons are dinosaurs, but to argue that dinosaurs are dragons, that's just stupid. Fire-breathing Tyrannosaurus Rex anyone? Didn't think so. Dodgy

As for the lying, it's sad, but true and reveals the complete naivete of the liar thinking they will actually fool someone.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
08-04-2014, 09:42 AM
(08-04-2014 09:22 AM)Impulse Wrote:  One could argue that dragons are dinosaurs, but to argue that dinosaurs are dragons, that's just stupid. Fire-breathing Tyrannosaurus Rex anyone? Didn't think so. Dodgy

As for the lying, it's sad, but true and reveals the complete naivete of the liar thinking they will actually fool someone.

Well the problem with lying and pretending to be an atheist is that you would not think anyone who wrote the bible would have known anything about dinosaurs.

I do agree with the point that the word “dinosaurs” could not have been in the bible, as the word had not yet been coined. And yeah, they would have used different words to describe them. But that logic only makes sense if the people who wrote the bible really did live with dinosaurs and saw them.

This asshole is assuming humans really did live with dinosaurs, and the only reason to believe that is the bible, and the genesis creation story. Only Abrahamic religions need to squeeze dinosaurs into the bible. Otherwise, we can all agree they lived 65 million years apart from us.

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
08-04-2014, 10:15 AM
(08-04-2014 09:42 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 09:22 AM)Impulse Wrote:  One could argue that dragons are dinosaurs, but to argue that dinosaurs are dragons, that's just stupid. Fire-breathing Tyrannosaurus Rex anyone? Didn't think so. Dodgy

Well the problem with lying and pretending to be an atheist is that you would not think anyone who wrote the bible would have known anything about dinosaurs.

I do agree with the point that the word “dinosaurs” could not have been in the bible, as the word had not yet been coined. And yeah, they would have used different words to describe them. But that logic only makes sense if the people who wrote the bible really did live with dinosaurs and saw them.

This asshole is assuming humans really did live with dinosaurs, and the only reason to believe that is the bible, and the genesis creation story. Only Abrahamic religions need to squeeze dinosaurs into the bible. Otherwise, we can all agree they lived 65 million years apart from us.
I agree. What I was trying to say though is that the word "dragon" obviously did exist back then since it appears in the OT and it had a fairly specific meaning. The guy you posted about said "In most instances, the word dinosaur could substitute for dragon and it would fit very nicely" - as if to say that "dinosaur" is the same thing as "dragon". But clearly it isn't. One might argue that a dragon is a type of dinosaur which, aside from the fact that dragons are completely mythological, might otherwise make sense, but to say that dinosaurs are the same as dragons would be like saying dogs are the same as poodles.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
08-04-2014, 12:04 PM
(07-04-2014 08:27 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  I just saw this posted by God on Facebook. If you aren't already friends with God on Facebook, then I don't know what you're doing with your life, son...

Take a second and befriend. God. You won't regret it. God is amazing!

Anyway, so God posted the following to his Facebook wall...

[Image: 1454716_789191704501868_8383171756514800303_n.jpg]

Now, in the comment section, there are a bunch of Christians trying to defend that dinosaurs are actually in the bible. Nothing unusual about that.

But I post this because of this one dipshit, who says right off the bat, "I'm an atheist..." but then goes on to display that he is clearly...clearly anything but.

Ben Middleton

"Morons!!!!!! Dinosaurs are the bible you fools!!! I know this and I'm an atheist! Lol!!! Interestingly, the word “dragon” is used a number of times in the Old Testament. In most instances, the word dinosaur could substitute for dragon and it would fit very nicely. Creation scientists believe that dinosaurs were called dragons before the word dinosaur was invented in the 1800s. We would not expect to find the word dinosaur in Bibles like the Authorized Version (1611), as it was translated well before the word dinosaur was ever used.

Also, there are many very old history books in various libraries around the world that have detailed records of dragons and their encounters with people. Surprisingly (or not so surprisingly for creationists), many of these descriptions of dragons fit with how modern scientists would describe dinosaurs, even Tyrannosaurus. Unfortunately, this evidence is not considered valid by evolutionists. Why? Only because their belief is that man and dinosaurs did not live at the same time!

However, the more we research the historical literature, the more we realize there is overwhelming evidence that dragons were real beasts, much like our modern reconstructions of dinosaurs, and that their existence has been recorded by many different people, even just hundreds of years ago."

Now my question is this. How can someone who believes in "Sin" so blatantly lie about being an atheist, when they are obviously not. Won't he go to "Hell" for this? Also, do they think we ourselves, as atheist, do not know what we ourselves believe or don't believe well enough to realize that this is not a view point of an atheist? How dumb do these guys think we are that they think we could be fooled by simply saying "I'm an atheist..." right before saying the most blatantly Christian bullshit?!

Sorry - where did this Ben guy mention "Sin" in your quote? BTW - I'm friends with God on FB. He is awesome!
08-04-2014, 12:26 PM
God won't respond to my friend requests, I think I'll get my mom to post letter to him as that always worked for santa claus

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
08-04-2014, 12:31 PM
(07-04-2014 08:41 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(07-04-2014 08:38 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I want to have a pet dragon. How do I contact this person to find out about getting a pet dragon?

They're all dead. Noah fed them to the other animals on the ark.

Or more likely Noah didn't want anything breathing fire on an ark made of wood. He probably chucked them over the side when God wasn't looking.
08-04-2014, 12:33 PM
(07-04-2014 08:38 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I want to have a pet dragon. How do I contact this person to find out about getting a pet dragon?

Plenty of 'em in my part of the world...

Depends what you want... We've only got 'em in red here, they start of small and cute, but can grow to be 30 feet high.

Free postage and packaging to anywhere marked on the Mappa Mundi.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user