A beautiful creation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2014, 05:20 PM
A beautiful creation
(15-03-2014 05:20 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  
(15-03-2014 05:17 PM)Chas Wrote:  Within human history, we have created common vegetables such as cabbage, kale, broccoli, cauliflower, savoy, kohlrabi, and Brussels sprouts from the wild cabbage plant.
Brussels sprouts were created by artificially selecting for large bud size. Broccoli was bred by selecting for large flower stalks. Cabbage was created by selecting for short petioles. Kale was bred by selecting for large leaves.

These are all different kinds of vegetables, are they not?

I am still waiting for observable evidence of a change of kinds, Chas.

~ Miss Meng

[Image: gugaquzy.jpg]

Here's a photo of "kinds" for you.

Define "Kinds" or crawl back under your bridge

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2014, 05:21 PM
RE: A beautiful creation
(15-03-2014 04:49 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmKVLqHuxBA

A question many atheists are stumped by!

~ Miss Meng

I have an answer; an honest answer; a true answer: I don't know.

You don't know, either. Your answer is made up. You have no evidence.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-03-2014, 05:21 PM
(15-03-2014 04:30 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  I hope she is not responding because she is actually reading about the evidence.

You and I both know better than that. lol
She'll ignore and press on.

[Image: 1383604040_ugly%20geisha-1.jpg]

"If you're going my way, I'll go with you."- Jim Croce
15-03-2014, 05:23 PM
(15-03-2014 05:05 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  
(15-03-2014 05:02 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Like you did the other times.

Bacteria is still bacteria, Freethinker. I am asking for observable evidence of a change of kinds.

~ Miss Meng

You still haven't defined 'kind'. I'm waiting.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(15-03-2014 05:21 PM)Kestrel Wrote:  
(15-03-2014 04:30 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  I hope she is not responding because she is actually reading about the evidence.

You and I both know better than that. lol
She'll ignore and press on.

[Image: 1383604040_ugly%20geisha-1.jpg]

Resist Racist JokeFrusty

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
(15-03-2014 05:16 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  No no, you see, when she asks for evidence of "kinds" turning into other "kinds," kinds of bacteria turning into different kinds of bacteria aren't what she's looking for.

Meng wants evidence of bacteria turning into butterflies, sea anemones, or Crocoduck.
The problem with that type of evidence is that it would disprove evolution.

According to evolution each parent is of the same species as their offspring.

What exactly is a "kind"? Can you please provide a definition?
And when you say "evidence of kinds turning into other kinds" what exactly do you mean by this? surely you don't think Evolution suggests that a Hippopotamus gave birth to a Blue Whale?
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
(15-03-2014 05:18 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  You just controdicted yourself. You said earlier that tigers and lions are different kinds. However you just said that bacteria is the same kind. However that would mean that you are in a pickle. If lions and tigers are different kinds then I have just proven speciation with bacteria because it is a domain. If bacteria are the same kind then marijuana and humans are the same kind. However if all bacteria is the same kind then kind is a vauge word. I can say we are part of the eukryote kind and the mammal and therapsid kind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-domain_system

pick one, either tigers and lions are sperate kinds, or kind is a useless word as no matter what every thing would be the same kind starting at the domain level of taxonomy.

I would like to retract my original comment that Lions and Tigers are different kinds. They are both of the feline kind, but they are both different animals.

You still have not proven anything, Freethinker. You are dancing around my request for observable evidence of a change of kind.

Miss Meng is a little worried that none has yet been provided.

~ Miss Meng
15-03-2014, 05:24 PM
(15-03-2014 05:16 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  
(15-03-2014 05:10 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  So now you're a speciesist? You do realize bacteria are organisms too, right?

No no, you see, when she asks for evidence of "kinds" turning into other "kinds," kinds of bacteria turning into different kinds of bacteria aren't what she's looking for.

Meng wants evidence of bacteria turning into butterflies, sea anemones, or Crocoduck.

[Image: 8ebuzu2y.jpg]

But there are millions of species of bacteria!

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
15-03-2014, 05:26 PM
(15-03-2014 05:23 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  
(15-03-2014 05:18 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  You just controdicted yourself. You said earlier that tigers and lions are different kinds. However you just said that bacteria is the same kind. However that would mean that you are in a pickle. If lions and tigers are different kinds then I have just proven speciation with bacteria because it is a domain. If bacteria are the same kind then marijuana and humans are the same kind. However if all bacteria is the same kind then kind is a vauge word. I can say we are part of the eukryote kind and the mammal and therapsid kind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-domain_system

pick one, either tigers and lions are sperate kinds, or kind is a useless word as no matter what every thing would be the same kind starting at the domain level of taxonomy.

I would like to retract my original comment that Lions and Tigers are different kinds. They are both of the feline kind, but they are both different animals.

You still have not proven anything, Freethinker. You are dancing around my request for observable evidence of a change of kind.

Miss Meng is a little worried that none has yet been provided.

~ Miss Meng

[Image: Phoenix_Desk_Slam.gif]

Ha you still didn't answer. Are all bacteria the same kind or are all felidae the same kind? You can't have both because it is either at a family level or domain level? If you want to play science, then your going to have to follow the rules.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
15-03-2014, 05:28 PM
Photo RE: A beautiful creation
(15-03-2014 05:23 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  I would like to retract my original comment that Lions and Tigers are different kinds. They are both of the feline kind, but they are both different animals.
[Image: 150px-Biological_classification_L_Pengo_vflip.svg.png]
From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biological_classification

Where does "kind" fit into the picture?
[+] 3 users Like Stevil's post