A beautiful creation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2014, 07:57 PM
RE: A beautiful creation
(15-03-2014 05:20 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  
(15-03-2014 05:17 PM)Chas Wrote:  Within human history, we have created common vegetables such as cabbage, kale, broccoli, cauliflower, savoy, kohlrabi, and Brussels sprouts from the wild cabbage plant.
Brussels sprouts were created by artificially selecting for large bud size. Broccoli was bred by selecting for large flower stalks. Cabbage was created by selecting for short petioles. Kale was bred by selecting for large leaves.

These are all different kinds of vegetables, are they not?

I am still waiting for observable evidence of a change of kinds, Chas.

~ Miss Meng

And I just gave it to you. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2014, 07:59 PM
(15-03-2014 05:23 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  
(15-03-2014 05:18 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  You just controdicted yourself. You said earlier that tigers and lions are different kinds. However you just said that bacteria is the same kind. However that would mean that you are in a pickle. If lions and tigers are different kinds then I have just proven speciation with bacteria because it is a domain. If bacteria are the same kind then marijuana and humans are the same kind. However if all bacteria is the same kind then kind is a vauge word. I can say we are part of the eukryote kind and the mammal and therapsid kind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-domain_system

pick one, either tigers and lions are sperate kinds, or kind is a useless word as no matter what every thing would be the same kind starting at the domain level of taxonomy.

I would like to retract my original comment that Lions and Tigers are different kinds. They are both of the feline kind, but they are both different animals.

You still have not proven anything, Freethinker. You are dancing around my request for observable evidence of a change of kind.

Miss Meng is a little worried that none has yet been provided.

~ Miss Meng

And you have still not provided a definition of 'kind'. We are waiting, Miss Mengele.

15-03-2014, 08:00 PM
(15-03-2014 07:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-03-2014 05:23 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  I would like to retract my original comment that Lions and Tigers are different kinds. They are both of the feline kind, but they are both different animals.

You still have not proven anything, Freethinker. You are dancing around my request for observable evidence of a change of kind.

Miss Meng is a little worried that none has yet been provided.

~ Miss Meng

And you have still not provided a definition of 'kind'. We are waiting, Miss Mengele.

Um, Chas, she died. Blush

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes TSG's post
15-03-2014, 08:05 PM
(15-03-2014 08:00 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  
(15-03-2014 07:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  And you have still not provided a definition of 'kind'. We are waiting, Miss Mengele.

Um, Chas, she died. Blush

No Blush you should have used Banana_zorro

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
15-03-2014, 08:07 PM
(15-03-2014 08:05 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(15-03-2014 08:00 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  Um, Chas, she died. Blush

No Blush you should have used Banana_zorro

[Image: stewie.jpeg]

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
15-03-2014, 08:09 PM
(15-03-2014 05:34 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  
(15-03-2014 05:21 PM)Chas Wrote:  I have an answer; an honest answer; a true answer: I don't know.

You don't know, either. Your answer is made up. You have no evidence.

That is correct, Chas, you do not know. You are making things up to support your assumptions.

Quote:

No, I have made nothing up. The question was "How did the universe come about, and why?"
I have not addressed that question, so I couldn't have made anything up. You seem to be quite disingenuous.

Quote:You still haven't defined 'kind'.

It's very clear, Chas. You have feline kind. You have K9 kind. You have humankind. I am waiting for someone to debunk this.

~ Miss Meng

I am still awaiting your definition of 'kind'. My patience is not boundless.

If you do not address this, it will be clear that you are a shallow, ignorant, mindless puppet.

15-03-2014, 08:12 PM
(15-03-2014 08:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-03-2014 05:34 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  That is correct, Chas, you do not know. You are making things up to support your assumptions.

No, I have made nothing up. The question was "How did the universe come about, and why?"
I have not addressed that question, so I couldn't have made anything up. You seem to be quite disingenuous.

It's very clear, Chas. You have feline kind. You have K9 kind. You have humankind. I am waiting for someone to debunk this.

~ Miss Meng

I am still awaiting your definition of 'kind'. My patience is not boundless.

If you do not address this, it will be clear that you are a shallow, ignorant, mindless puppet.

Um, Chas, you're talking to a corpse. Blush

15-03-2014, 08:12 PM
(15-03-2014 05:46 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  
(15-03-2014 05:44 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Then you just shot yourself in the foot. Why you ask? Because you just said the bacteria is the same kind. So that mean eukryotes are the same kind. If we don't need taxonomy all life is the same kind.

You are over thinking it, Freethinker. There are different kinds of animal, just as there are different kinds of plant, and different kinds of bacteria, etc.

~ Miss Meng

So broccoli and red cabbage are different kinds?

15-03-2014, 08:13 PM
(15-03-2014 08:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-03-2014 05:46 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  You are over thinking it, Freethinker. There are different kinds of animal, just as there are different kinds of plant, and different kinds of bacteria, etc.

~ Miss Meng

So broccoli and red cabbage are different kinds?

Chas, I think you have a problem. Blush

15-03-2014, 08:17 PM
(15-03-2014 05:57 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  
(15-03-2014 05:54 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Animal is a kingdom, animals can't be the same kind and bacteria be the same kind. If you want creationism to be science your going to have to play by the rules Miss Missy.

Also I am not over thinking you just don't under stand phylogeny or cladistics.

I am so thrilled that you are interested in discovering what kinds are. This source is particularly useful regarding kinds.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles...in-genesis

He loves you, Freethinker! Rejoice!

~ Miss Meng

Except for one small problem. They don't define 'kind', either.