A beautiful creation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2014, 01:55 PM
[split] The fairy tale con - does it hurt kids?
(12-03-2014 09:00 PM)john2 Wrote:  You know the drill when you're a kid most of us are taught about santa claus and the easter bunny - later we find our parents were just screwing with us. Do you think these are stories harmless fun or lies that shouldn't be taught to kids? One of the things that inspired me to start this thread is a personal story I have:

Even when I was a kid I was very curious about things. When I was about 7 or 8 I wanted to do a test to see if the tooth fairy was real - since I already suspected my mother. The test I did was to put my tooth in an envelope and then mark it - by scribbling on it. If it was my mother I would know if the envelope was opened and because it was marked I would know if it was replaced. Well unfortunately my mother was aware of this test. In the morning I woke up, looked and got the envelope - it was unopened and the scribble mark was there. Inside was money and no tooth. Being a kid I concluded something magic must have happened. A few years later I was talking about santa with my mom and she fessed up to everything saying I was old enough now. I mentioned my tooth fairy test and she told me it was easy to copy my scribble mark. I remember feeling so angry at her. I felt that if I had been smart enough to ask questions and do a test like that she should have told me the truth. So do you think what she did was allright?

How does it hurt kids John? Could you perhaps provide some evidence?

~ Miss Meng
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2014, 01:56 PM
RE: Miss Meng has returned
(15-03-2014 01:53 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  
(15-03-2014 01:51 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  Many thanks for your interest, Teen Skeptic, God loves you dearly.

~ Miss Meng

Is God a paedophile now? Facepalm

[Image: hidyourkids.jpg]

AND HIDE YOUR HUSBANDS BECAUSE GOD IS RAPING EVERYBODY OUT HERE!!!!!!

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
[+] 5 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
15-03-2014, 01:56 PM
[split] Why believe in the supernatural?
(15-03-2014 01:42 PM)alpha male Wrote:  
(15-03-2014 01:34 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  Special pleading, and twisting the actual argument to make your position appear stronger. The belief in the supernatural is just that: Believing in phenomina with unnatural causes.

There's a marked difference between belief in the unverifiable and unobservable, and an interest in explaining observable phenomina previously ascribed to supernatural causes.

We call this "science".
If you don't know what the causes of the phenomena are, how do you know they're not natural?

I do not think he has thought through his argument thoroughly. Miss Meng always likes to double check her posts before posting.

~ Miss Meng
15-03-2014, 01:57 PM
(15-03-2014 01:53 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  Is God a paedophile now? Facepalm

Miss Meng is a little bemused by such a question. How did you come to that conclusion, Teen Skeptic?

~ Miss Meng
15-03-2014, 01:59 PM
(15-03-2014 01:57 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  
(15-03-2014 01:53 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  Is God a paedophile now? Facepalm

Miss Meng is a little bemused by such a question. How did you come to that conclusion, Teen Skeptic?

~ Miss Meng

It's not a conclusion, it's a query. This is a conclusion:

God is a paedophile.

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
[+] 3 users Like TSG's post
15-03-2014, 02:02 PM
[split] What's the craziest conspiracy theory you can come up with?
(14-03-2014 05:27 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  How about this. The government actually wants a NWO run by people like Ken Ham and Adnan Oktar to run the countries. They want evolution and other sciences to be erased from the earth. That is why you must pay for papers. They also make religions look prosecuted so that they can take over the world. When every country is a theocracy of a religion, then the NWO can take over the world without worrying about people being smart enough to leave there control.

An interesting theory but Ken Ham has done a superb job already discrediting evolution. Ray Comfort too.

~ Miss Meng
[+] 1 user Likes Miss Meng's post
15-03-2014, 02:08 PM
[split] Why believe in the supernatural?
(15-03-2014 02:07 PM)TheLogicalAthiest Wrote:  What do you guys think about those who believe in the supernatural and have emotional consequences from it. Like today this girl told me she saw a figure in the garden that ran away from her and that her neighbor told her that he had a dream that a man used to live there and had carrier pigeons and his is waiting for the day the carrier pigeons return home. So she told me she is worried about this figure and wants to tell him everything is okay. I thought to myself that if you have dumb beliefs like that then you deserve to suffer consequences like emotional pain from it. Obviously I wish she didn't have these beliefs but I think stupid people should be punished, is this right of me to think this?

Suggesting pain for holding a belief is not very logical, The Logical Atheist. Your name is a slight contradiction. Miss Meng laughs genially and continues reading her paper.

~ Miss Meng
15-03-2014, 02:09 PM
RE: A beautiful creation
[Image: image.axd?picture=Elephantiasis_thumb.jpg]

Isn't creation amazing.

[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
15-03-2014, 02:15 PM
(15-03-2014 02:09 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Isn't creation amazing.

God makes mistakes like the rest of us. He may be perfect but creation is not, and that is what makes it so beautiful. The man in the picture you posted is probably a very beautiful soul and so you posting this only shows you up more than anything. That is the honest truth of creation, it comes with it's many flaws.

~ Miss Meng
15-03-2014, 02:16 PM
(15-03-2014 02:02 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  
(14-03-2014 05:27 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  How about this. The government actually wants a NWO run by people like Ken Ham and Adnan Oktar to run the countries. They want evolution and other sciences to be erased from the earth. That is why you must pay for papers. They also make religions look prosecuted so that they can take over the world. When every country is a theocracy of a religion, then the NWO can take over the world without worrying about people being smart enough to leave there control.

An interesting theory but Ken Ham has done a superb job already discrediting evolution. Ray Comfort too.

~ Miss Meng

They day Ken Ham and Ray Comfort discredit evolution is the day I get a girl friend. And thats never I am ugly as shitBig Grin