A beautiful creation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2014, 02:38 PM
RE: A beautiful creation
(15-03-2014 02:36 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  
(15-03-2014 02:34 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  THAT DOESN'T TELL ME ANYTHING! Would a dog be a wolf? Would Giraffa Jumae be a Giraffe?

I think you are a little confused, dear. A wolf is a kind of animal, a giraffa Jumae is another kind of animal. By all means use the scientific names but you still have not provided any evidence of darwinian evolution going from one kind to another.

~ Miss Meng

Shocking

You didn't even answer my question. Just define 'kinds'. Giraffa Jumae is extinct, so I asked if you would count it as a giraffe. You didn't tell me if dogs count as wolves.

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2014, 02:39 PM
(15-03-2014 02:36 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  
(15-03-2014 02:34 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  THAT DOESN'T TELL ME ANYTHING! Would a dog be a wolf? Would Giraffa Jumae be a Giraffe?

I think you are a little confused, dear. A wolf is a kind of animal, a giraffa Jumae is another kind of animal. By all means use the scientific names but you still have not provided any evidence of darwinian evolution going from one kind to another.

~ Miss Meng

First off, FUCK DARWIN, every one here besides you knows more about evolution then he does, and second I already did give you a link showing you what observation is and evidence of evolution. What evidence are you looking for?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
15-03-2014, 02:40 PM
(15-03-2014 02:37 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Then what kind does this belong to.
[Image: Paleoparadoxia_BW.jpg]
I mean how do you find out if it is the same kind?

You can't. therefore I do not believe or have faith in such things. I would like to point out that that is a picture. I would like some observable evidence of one kind to the other. I would like an example of evolution. I do not accept pictures or replicas.

~ Miss Meng
15-03-2014, 02:44 PM
(15-03-2014 02:38 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  Shocking

You didn't even answer my question. Just define 'kinds'. Giraffa Jumae is extinct, so I asked if you would count it as a giraffe. You didn't tell me if dogs count as wolves.

I would like one example or examples of darwinian evolution from one kind to another. A kind is defined as an animal. A bird. A giraffe. A dog is a kind. A wolf is a kind. Prove it for me, please!

Miss Meng looks out onto the sunset and sips her tea, waiting patiently.

~ Miss Meng
15-03-2014, 02:50 PM
(15-03-2014 02:40 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  
(15-03-2014 02:37 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Then what kind does this belong to.
[Image: Paleoparadoxia_BW.jpg]
I mean how do you find out if it is the same kind?

You can't. therefore I do not believe or have faith in such things. I would like to point out that that is a picture. I would like some observable evidence of one kind to the other. I would like an example of evolution. I do not accept pictures or replicas.

~ Miss Meng

So that animal does not exist to you?

I can't believe I have to do this shit again.Angry

Observation definition:

an act or instance of noticing or perceiving.
an act or instance of regarding attentively or watching.
the faculty or habit of observing or noticing.
notice: to escape a person's observation.
an act or instance of viewing or noting a fact or occurrence for some scientific or other special purpose: the observation of blood pressure under stress.

Jeez what part of evolution fits this? What about based on observations of birds we predicted that we would find a bird with unfused wings before it was found. Then we found archaeopteryx. Before you start saying some BULLSHIT let me list what makes it a transitional fossil.

Avain traits:

Feathers.

Opposable hallux (big toe).

Furcula (wishbone) formed of two clavicles fused together in the midline

Pubis elongate and directed backward.

Theropod traits:

Premaxilla and maxilla are not horn-covered.

Trunk region vertebra are free

Bones are pneumatic.

Pubic shafts with a plate-like, and slightly angled transverse cross-section

Cerebral hemispheres elongate, slender and cerebellum is situated behind the mid-brain and doesn't overlap it from behind or press down on it.

Neck attaches to skull from the rear as in dinosaurs not from below as in modern birds.

Center of cervical vertebrae have simple concave articular facets.

Long bony tail with many free vertebrae up to tip (no pygostyle).

I named all of the avian traits and not even half of the theropod ones.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/archaeopteryx/info.html

This was know and found based on observations.

15-03-2014, 02:51 PM
(15-03-2014 02:34 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  
(15-03-2014 02:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  If you really believe that, you have not understood the evidence for evolution. They certainly haven't.

What evidence, Chas? Can you give me an example or some examples?

~ Miss Meng

I suggest you read some books by evolutionary biologists such as Stephen J. Gould, R. A. Fisher, J. B. S. Haldane, Richard Dawkins, Jerry Coyne, Douglas J. Futuyma, Jean-Baptiste De Panafieu, and others.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-03-2014, 02:52 PM
(15-03-2014 02:44 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  
(15-03-2014 02:38 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  Shocking

I would like one example or examples of darwinian evolution from one kind to another. A kind is defined as an animal. A bird. A giraffe. A dog is a kind. A wolf is a kind. Prove it for me, please!

Miss Meng looks out onto the sunset and sips her tea, waiting patiently.

~ Miss Meng

Weeping I suppose taxonomy doesn't exist in your little world, does it?
I'll just go with it.

A dog is a subspecies of the Grey Wolf (C. Lupis) and is classified as C. Lupis Familiaris. If what you say is true, and dogs are a different 'kind' than wolves, then there's your evidence right there: hundreds of years of artificial selection and domestication of wolves gave us dogs.

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
15-03-2014, 02:55 PM
(15-03-2014 02:51 PM)Chas Wrote:  I suggest you read some books by evolutionary biologists such as Stephen J. Gould, R. A. Fisher, J. B. S. Haldane, Richard Dawkins, Jerry Coyne, Douglas J. Futuyma, Jean-Baptiste De Panafieu, and others.

I am not looking for diagrams, drawings or models of animals, Chas, I am after observable evidence for darwinian evolution from one kind to another. I would like evidence before I become a believer in evolution. Can you give me one scientific fact, Chas? One would be very informative. Can you not provide any evidence, Chas?

~ Miss Meng
15-03-2014, 02:58 PM
(15-03-2014 02:52 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  A dog is a subspecies of the Grey Wolf (C. Lupis) and is classified as C. Lupis Familiaris. If what you say is true, and dogs are a different 'kind' than wolves, then there's your evidence right there: hundreds of years of artificial selection and domestication of wolves gave us dogs.

You are asserting alot of things here, Teen Skeptic. I am asking for observable evidence. Simply asserting grey wolfs are dogs does not prove anything. I am looking for observable evidence of natural selection, Teen Skeptic, not adaptation, mutation, etc. Please provide some evidence.

~ Miss Meng
15-03-2014, 02:58 PM
(15-03-2014 02:55 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  
(15-03-2014 02:51 PM)Chas Wrote:  I suggest you read some books by evolutionary biologists such as Stephen J. Gould, R. A. Fisher, J. B. S. Haldane, Richard Dawkins, Jerry Coyne, Douglas J. Futuyma, Jean-Baptiste De Panafieu, and others.

I am not looking for diagrams, drawings or models of animals, Chas, I am after observable evidence for darwinian evolution from one kind to another. I would like evidence before I become a believer in evolution. Can you give me one scientific fact, Chas? One would be very informative. Can you not provide any evidence, Chas?

~ Miss Meng

I gave you the evidence so