A big, warm hello from Louisiana!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
05-03-2014, 08:36 PM
RE: A big, warm hello from Louisiana!
Welcome aboard Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2014, 08:46 AM
(05-03-2014 04:18 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 09:19 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Hi swamp dweller.

Not many swamps in North LA. He is nearly in TX.

Yes, I am in North LA. Did you somehow find my IP? At any rate, I am glad to have found this forum. I will only be here on school mornings, since my mother caught me researching the history of the Jehovah's Witnesses, and she considered that "apostasty," so she took my computer at home.
06-03-2014, 08:52 AM
(06-03-2014 08:46 AM)Bible Belt Brawler Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 04:18 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Not many swamps in North LA. He is nearly in TX.

Yes, I am in North LA. Did you somehow find my IP? At any rate, I am glad to have found this forum. I will only be here on school mornings, since my mother caught me researching the history of the Jehovah's Witnesses, and she considered that "apostasty," so she took my computer at home.

Yeah, it's one of the luxuries I get as an admin Tongue

I know everyone's IP muwahahahahahahaha.

But really... I'm pretty sure you can get browser plugin to trace IPs. I've seen it.

Regardless, glad to have another Louisianian. We've got a couple roaming around here.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
06-03-2014, 09:01 AM
(06-03-2014 08:46 AM)Bible Belt Brawler Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 04:18 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Not many swamps in North LA. He is nearly in TX.

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/1800s.php
Print this little goodie out, and leave it lying around.
Well, maybe not.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
06-03-2014, 01:49 PM
Greetings from the swamp.
06-03-2014, 01:53 PM
(06-03-2014 01:49 PM)wazzel Wrote:  Greetings from the swamp.

I think you're the "swampiest" of all of us. Houma is down there.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
06-03-2014, 02:00 PM
(06-03-2014 01:53 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 01:49 PM)wazzel Wrote:  Greetings from the swamp.

I think you're the "swampiest" of all of us. Houma is down there.

I suspect so. I grew up 10 miles south of Houma.
07-03-2014, 09:04 AM
(06-03-2014 08:52 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 08:46 AM)Bible Belt Brawler Wrote:  Yes, I am in North LA. Did you somehow find my IP? At any rate, I am glad to have found this forum. I will only be here on school mornings, since my mother caught me researching the history of the Jehovah's Witnesses, and she considered that "apostasty," so she took my computer at home.

Yeah, it's one of the luxuries I get as an admin Tongue

I know everyone's IP muwahahahahahahaha.

But really... I'm pretty sure you can get browser plugin to trace IPs. I've seen it.

Regardless, glad to have another Louisianian. We've got a couple roaming around here.

Cool, and thank you for the welcoing party.
07-03-2014, 09:18 AM
(06-03-2014 09:01 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 08:46 AM)Bible Belt Brawler Wrote:  Yes, I am in North LA. Did you somehow find my IP? At any rate, I am glad to have found this forum. I will only be here on school mornings, since my mother caught me researching the history of the Jehovah's Witnesses, and she considered that "apostasty," so she took my computer at home.

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/1800s.php
Print this little goodie out, and leave it lying around.
Well, maybe not.

She probably wouldn't even read it, and if she did, she would distort it to somehow fit her worldview. She has done this with things that I felt certain would make her have reasonable doubt....
11-03-2014, 07:01 AM
This is my story:

While being raised a Jehovah's Witness, I was always taught the "after-life" would be on Earth and the Earth would last for all eternity. Only 144,000 would go to heaven, and they would serve as kings and priests over their brothers on Earth. Everybody not killed in a divine judgement would be resurrected.

Of course, the Earth will not last forever. It has a fate the same as every other planet in the universe--to be swallowed by it's star.

Even if the Earth did last forever, there would not be enough room for far over 100 billion people to live on it. That turned me away from my childhood faith. I found similar logic flaws with other religions, so I came here.