A bird flew over my head - OMG The Rapture is Coming!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2013, 08:24 PM (This post was last modified: 31-01-2013 08:30 PM by kpax.)
A bird flew over my head - OMG The Rapture is Coming!
A Christian friend on facebook posted this article:

https://www.examiner.com/article/effort-...power-grab

And by reading the comments it appears that there is a freak out over this. And my Christian friend and other commentators saying this is evidence of the rapture.

It took me ten minutes of searching to find out that there is more to the story than meets the eye.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/04...46089.html

Which made me realize that when someone (talking about the typical Christian) wants to believe in something bad enough they will shape any event to fit their logic (hence the rapture is coming and Obama is taking over type of comments).

I am glad I am now skeptical by default. Especially about shit posted on Facebook. 99.9% of 'omg shit is hitting the fan' type of posts turn out to be fear mongering bullshit.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2013, 08:32 PM
RE: A bird flew over my head - OMG The Rapture is Coming!
This is what christians are like to my mind.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
31-01-2013, 08:35 PM
(31-01-2013 08:32 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  This is what christians are like to my mind.

You are too kind.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
31-01-2013, 11:20 PM
(31-01-2013 08:35 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(31-01-2013 08:32 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  This is what christians are like to my mind.

You are too kind.
Nah, they're mostly OK, I find...
05-02-2013, 01:42 PM
My Christian friends all thought the rapture would be in 2012. Now, they're saying that "God gave us a second chance" and "it'll probably be really soon". And their understanding of the rapture is Jesus flying down to earth on a cloud, playing a trumpet, taking everyone's clothes off, and lifting only the good Christians up to heaven!

Better to be hungry and free than fed and in chains.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-02-2013, 01:47 PM
(05-02-2013 01:42 PM)Kaloste Wrote:  And their understanding of the rapture is Jesus flying down to earth on a cloud, playing a trumpet, taking everyone's clothes off, and lifting only the good Christians up to heaven!

So, he wants to see them naked before he decides to take them? Perv. Drinking Beverage

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
05-02-2013, 01:55 PM
(05-02-2013 01:47 PM)kim Wrote:  So, he wants to see them naked before he decides to take them? Perv.
Come on, Kim! Don't we all? Angel

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
05-02-2013, 02:05 PM
Consider
Good point... but then where's the nice dinner and a movie? Dodgy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
05-02-2013, 02:09 PM
(05-02-2013 02:05 PM)kim Wrote:  Consider
Good point... but then where's the nice dinner and a movie? Dodgy
Gah! Who has time for dinners and movies... too many men, not enough t... Oops, did I just say this out loud [Image: ashamed0002.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
05-02-2013, 02:14 PM
(05-02-2013 01:47 PM)kim Wrote:  
(05-02-2013 01:42 PM)Kaloste Wrote:  And their understanding of the rapture is Jesus flying down to earth on a cloud, playing a trumpet, taking everyone's clothes off, and lifting only the good Christians up to heaven!

So, he wants to see them naked before he decides to take them? Perv. Drinking Beverage

It's all a part of God's plan, of course. Wink Virgins are his favorite, after all.

Better to be hungry and free than fed and in chains.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user