A bit different....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-08-2012, 02:13 PM
A bit different....
..... because im lucky enough not to have been brought up in a religious enviroment or have it rammed down my throat like in some places.

HOWEVER......

Over the time I have been here I think you peeps have helped in deconverting me from another sort of "religion" that is conspiracy. I class it as a "religion" because both require shit loads of faith/ there is a huge lack of evidence for 99% of theories out there.

Ive allways tried to stay open minded, however I think this is an impossible thing to do and it was a way of me hanging onto my "biases"

People can live in fear over judgements they believe will be made by their god.... I was living in fear of unseen things happening from "The Powers That Be"

Its been a long time coming but it hit me today.... dont get me wrong I still think that the world is a fucked up place and of course there is a reason for people suffering around the world.... but I think we all understand this...... doesnt mean there is a special group of people who are "running the show" with the agenda of ensnaring the human race..... even if there was there would be no way of me knowing this 100% and there would be nothing I could do to stop it..... so why worry about it???

So Id like to thank all the people who ive conversed with who have offered me these alternative opinions and have helped bring me some peace Smile

EDIT: Somebody else can have my title of "TTA conspiracy nut winner 2012"

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like bemore's post
22-08-2012, 02:16 PM
RE: A bit different....
Damn. "They" have gotten another one. No

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post
22-08-2012, 02:18 PM
(22-08-2012 02:13 PM)bemore Wrote:  ..... because im lucky enough not to have been brought up in a religious enviroment or have it rammed down my throat like in some places.

HOWEVER......

Over the time I have been here I think you peeps have helped in deconverting me from another sort of "religion" that is conspiracy. I class it as a "religion" because both require shit loads of faith/ there is a huge lack of evidence for 99% of theories out there.

Ive allways tried to stay open minded, however I think this is an impossible thing to do and it was a way of me hanging onto my "biases"

People can live in fear over judgements they believe will be made by their god.... I was living in fear of unseen things happening from "The Powers That Be"

Its been a long time coming but it hit me today.... dont get me wrong I still think that the world is a fucked up place and of course there is a reason for people suffering around the world.... but I think we all understand this...... doesnt mean there is a special group of people who are "running the show" with the agenda of ensnaring the human race..... even if there was there would be no way of me knowing this 100% and there would be nothing I could do to stop it..... so why worry about it???

So Id like to thank all the people who ive conversed with who have offered me these alternative opinions and have helped bring me some peace Smile

EDIT: Somebody else can have my title of "TTA conspiracy nut winner 2012"

I nominate FiloxDrinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
22-08-2012, 02:19 PM
(22-08-2012 02:13 PM)bemore Wrote:  EDIT: Somebody else can have my title of "TTA conspiracy nut winner 2012"

No shortage of contenders. None of them nearly as nice as you though. I wouldn't want to award it to a douchebag. You can hold the title of wingnut emeritus if you want Smile

edit: wingnut is a bit too derogatory I think... so conspiracy nut emeritus?
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
22-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Erx - You're evil plan is working! Wink

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Seasbury's post
22-08-2012, 03:05 PM
(22-08-2012 02:42 PM)Seasbury Wrote:  Erx - You're evil plan is working! Wink

I'm learning my evil plans are much more effective than my past good plans. Evil_monster

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post
22-08-2012, 03:49 PM
So, I didn't see a UFO? Tongue
22-08-2012, 03:50 PM
(22-08-2012 03:49 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  So, I didn't see a UFO? Tongue