A bit of help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-12-2014, 11:15 AM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2014 11:52 AM by CleverUsername.)
A bit of help
So, I was on another forum, and that video of the guy claiming we should kill gays because that'd get rid of AIDs was posted, and brought a wave of people claiming the usual "Not a real Christian" apologetics.

So I got into an argument, and, well, I'm still new at this and quite frankly my ability to handle idiots has been severely damaged by previous encounters. So...anyone wanna help me out a bit?

Edit: Never mind. Conversation got cut off. Blush Sorry. Confused

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2014, 01:46 PM
RE: A bit of help
Why would an omniscient God have to change his law according to the different times? How could "objective morality" change over time?
[+] 2 users Like Bear100's post
10-12-2014, 08:19 AM
(09-12-2014 01:46 PM)Bear100 Wrote:  Why would an omniscient God have to change his law according to the different times? How could "objective morality" change over time?

Yeah, as much as they talk about their "everlasting and steadfast" god, he did change his mind quite a bit. Talk about this long enough and you will get met either with
  • mysterious ways, or
  • comparisons to parents changing rules on kids as they get older.
The first is an obvious hand wave, and the second is asserting that humanity for some reason needed rules for executing gays for a few thousand years before it was "mature" enough for salvation. I mean, what the fuck?
10-12-2014, 10:26 AM
(09-12-2014 11:15 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Edit: Never mind. Conversation got cut off. Blush Sorry. Confused

Figures. You can always tell the level of cognitive dissonance by how quickly the conversation is shut down. Laugh out load

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
10-12-2014, 01:36 PM
(10-12-2014 10:26 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(09-12-2014 11:15 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Edit: Never mind. Conversation got cut off. Blush Sorry. Confused

Figures. You can always tell the level of cognitive dissonance by how quickly the conversation is shut down. Laugh out load

It wasn't him stopping the conversation, admittedly. It was kind of off topic, so a moderator stepped in and asked us to stop.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
10-12-2014, 03:11 PM
(10-12-2014 01:36 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  
(10-12-2014 10:26 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Figures. You can always tell the level of cognitive dissonance by how quickly the conversation is shut down. Laugh out load

It wasn't him stopping the conversation, admittedly. It was kind of off topic, so a moderator stepped in and asked us to stop.

Ok. It was funnier when I was wrong. Tongue Although it could have been the moderator with the cognitive dissonance. Consider

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
10-12-2014, 05:37 PM
Question.

To people that believe this sort of thing (that killing gays would wipe out AIDS which is wouldn't because AIDS is by no means a "gay disease" and people who think it is are ignorant pieces of shits who need to catch the AIDS) I don't understand why a) it has to be all the gays, why can't it just be those with the AIDS... duh... and b) if it only effected gay people, why the fuck do you care and want to "help us" by getting rid of it...

The logic of these people blows my mind and I literally want them all to get AIDS and die.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post