A bit of ranting...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2012, 07:49 AM
RE: A bit of ranting...
(07-08-2012 07:34 AM)Red Celt Wrote:  
(07-08-2012 07:04 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Capitalism, free trade, globalization etc... allow for efficiency (I swear I feel like a broken record at times, repeating myself over and over) of resources.

Earmuffs, have you considered the possibility that you're wrong?

lol.

Quote:What is your view of people that disagree with you?

You will have to be more specific. I do not dislike someone because they have a different view as me. I mean look at Filox, him and me are polar opposites yet I tolerate him (Tongue, jokes you're a bit of alright Filox).
I mean I don't like you because you're asshole, not because you disagree with me.

Quote:That they just don't understand your graph? That, perhaps, if they stare at it long enough (and you do the broken record routine a few more times) they'll eventually stop being stupid?

Yeah, pretty much.

Quote:I've been interested in politics since Thatcher stole my milk. I've been politically-aware for a longer period than you've been alive.

CSB. There are athletes at the Olympics 2years younger then me, doesn't mean I'm gonna be able to throw a javelin further then them.

Quote:I have a brain the size of a planet

Physically improbable.

Quote:My opinion won't be swayed by an MS Paint graph

Would a photoshop graph do? I'm pretty good with the' ol' photoshop.

Quote: and the rantings of an under-informed youth who seems oh-so-very-annoyed that his political views aren't shared by everyone else.

Says the 'old man' who is getting oh-so-very-annoyed by that under-informed youths political views.

Quote:Widen your sources and look at the reasons why "lefties" hold the views that they do. When you're pointing at your graph and telling everyone to ignore the wealth-gap, keep in mind that the happiest societies on the planet are the ones where the wealth-gap is the smallest. There's a good reason for that... and it doesn't involve jealousy, in case you're tempted to return to your fall-back explanation about the left.

It does involve jealousy.
And that's what I'm saying, sure happier nations may be the ones that have the smaller gap but why? Because of jealousy. People flip shit when others have more then them. That's what I'm saying, stop looking at the green line and look at the blue line.
If you don't like where you are on the green line then change.

Also pleasant RC. Though next time may I suggest, if you are ever-so-informed as you say then you actually contribute rather then go on about my youth.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2012, 07:54 AM
Another thing... And this has to do with the graph ears made. I like that graph. It is pretty accurate and good. Extra simple.

Listen here for a bit...

What makes people quiet? Fear or/happiness. Let's rule out fear here, because we can all ignore it when we want to, let's focus on this "happiness". What makes us happy? "Give us bread and games" - shouted the crowd. Your model is giving people much more games today. This means that a lot of people do not have money to pay their bills, but they still have Facebook, they go to Internet, they even drive cars, because, you gotta have a car. What people lack today is the "bread" part.

But until we have more "games" than "bread" we are being stupidified and kept silent. We are trying to find our own little place to cuddle ourself in and we see the good sides that we have, but forget the other things. Things like a house, food, cloths... What "they" are doing is painting the world with new paints. What we need to do is take a peek under that paint and remember how it used to be, what were our primary objectives and what was of prime importance. Because this, today? This is a joke my friend.

You yourself wanted to get a small credit to buy yourself an apartment. How is that going? Feeling fucked already?

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
07-08-2012, 07:55 AM
(07-08-2012 07:40 AM)Filox Wrote:  
(07-08-2012 07:33 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I would take them to court.

Next question.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

So, after 10 years of "courting" and you starving to death, then what? Not every courthouse is normal.

Care to answer again. NO, taking anyone to court takes too fucking long, will solve little to nothing, as all the big players can afford big layers, you don't have money to feed your child, specially not for a good lawyer.

P.S.

I'm sorry, but did I ever say that capitalism is bad? I am saying that the people running it today SHOULD BE KILLED, ALL, NO EXCEPTIONS. You see, that there is a huge difference. It is just like when communism is discussed, how everyone keeps point how it is a great system IN THEORY, but it has failed so many times because PEOPLE are BAD and they STEAL and LIE. That is why they need to DIE, so that we may live on.

Right?

Smile

Well then that brings it back to the post I made after RC interrupted us.
That's a result of corrupt government, corrupt police/court system.
The fact it got that bad in the first place says something...

Which, again, is not because of capitalism but rather the government.
Likely from past historical events like WW1/2, Cold War. The Balkans and Eastern Europe etc.. didn't fair too well.

And I didn't say you did, I said the guy in the article did.

And again, sure PEOPLE are bad, the system isn't bad. But bad behavior is not limited to social/economical status. There are bad people from Presidents to prostitutes.

Sure communism is good in theory, capitalism is better, but communism is pretty okay in its own rights depending on who you are.

07-08-2012, 08:00 AM
(07-08-2012 07:54 AM)Filox Wrote:  Another thing... And this has to do with the graph ears made. I like that graph. It is pretty accurate and good. Extra simple.

Listen here for a bit...

What makes people quiet? Fear or/happiness. Let's rule out fear here, because we can all ignore it when we want to, let's focus on this "happiness". What makes us happy? "Give us bread and games" - shouted the crowd. Your model is giving people much more games today. This means that a lot of people do not have money to pay their bills, but they still have Facebook, they go to Internet, they even drive cars, because, you gotta have a car. What people lack today is the "bread" part.

But until we have more "games" than "bread" we are being stupidified and kept silent. We are trying to find our own little place to cuddle ourself in and we wee the good sides that we have, but forget the other things. Things like a house, food, cloths... What "they" are doing is painting the world with new paints. What we need to do is take a peek under that paint and remember how it used to be, what were our primary objectives and what was of prime importance. Because this, today? This is a joke my friend.

You yourself wanted to get a small credit to buy yourself an apartment. How is that going? Feeling fucked already?

Smile

So you're saying people are spending money on luxury instead of necessities?

Well who's faults that! Don't spend your money on getting a new car if you can't afford food, that's basic fiscal responsibility.

A small credit? I wanted $112,000. And no I don't.

07-08-2012, 08:02 AM
(07-08-2012 07:41 AM)morondog Wrote:  I think... extremely well written article. (Btw, it was a good translation too.)

The violence... I don't like. I have friends who would endorse every word of that though.

Look, the way I see it, like it or not, this is a bubble that has to burst. When it does, there will be no army or war that will stop the 99% of the people. So what you can do is prepare yourself.

You think that "Greece scenario" can't happen in any other country? Wait for a little bit more, people need to loose more, they need to starve more, in these nice, western modern countries.

Just look out for the Balkan region, we already started 2 world wars, wait until we explode all over our politicians, there be plenty of bloody mash for everyone. Smile

I really wish I was so wrong and ears is right. That is my biggest wish in the world. But I guess time will tell. I see you in 10 years ears, then I will ask you the same thing, let us see how the world will shape you...

Smile

-Hunter S. Thompson
07-08-2012, 08:07 AM
Luxuries today are really cheap. Food is not. It is easier to have Internet at home than to have food in the fridge. And people are happy if they can have these "normal" things, because everyone have them. Rihanna has Tweet, you need to follow her, so you need Internet. Lady Gaga as well... They'll somehow manage for food.

See something wrong here?

-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
07-08-2012, 08:19 AM
(07-08-2012 08:02 AM)Filox Wrote:  
(07-08-2012 07:41 AM)morondog Wrote:  I think... extremely well written article. (Btw, it was a good translation too.)

The violence... I don't like. I have friends who would endorse every word of that though.

Look, the way I see it, like it or not, this is a bubble that has to burst. When it does, there will be no army or war that will stop the 99% of the people. So what you can do is prepare yourself.

You think that "Greece scenario" can't happen in any other country? Wait for a little bit more, people need to loose more, they need to starve more, in these nice, western modern countries.

Just look out for the Balkan region, we already started 2 world wars, wait until we explode all over our politicians, there be plenty of bloody mash for everyone. Smile

I really wish I was so wrong and ears is right. That is my biggest wish in the world. But I guess time will tell. I see you in 10 years ears, then I will ask you the same thing, let us see how the world will shape you...

Smile

No it's not. It's not a bubble to pop. It's only the start.
And it's only going to go up from here. Globalization increases all over the world. More countries are trading with emerging powers (Brazil, Vietnam etc..) and then these countries are growing making their markets more viable etc.. Snowball effect yeah. This spreads the risk. The current recession is because the US traded massively with EU, so when the US crapped out, the EU followed. Well, as say the EU trade more with China and Brazil etc... if the US craps out again, they're not solely relying on the US and so the hit is less.

And you didn't start two world wars. Austria started the first and Germany the second.

And yeah sure, I will be standing here in 10years asking where the promised revolution was?

07-08-2012, 08:21 AM
(07-08-2012 08:07 AM)Filox Wrote:  Luxuries today are really cheap. Food is not. It is easier to have Internet at home than to have food in the fridge. And people are happy if they can have these "normal" things, because everyone have them. Rihanna has Tweet, you need to follow her, so you need Internet. Lady Gaga as well... They'll somehow manage for food.

See something wrong here?

It's cheap because capitalism allows it to be cheap.
Without capitalism food would still be expensive, but so would luxuries and you wouldn't have either.

And again, that's individual choice. The way you spend your money is nobodies responsibility but your own.

07-08-2012, 08:32 AM
(07-08-2012 07:33 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I would take them to court.

Next question.

How would you fund this courtcase if you haven't been paid for 6 months?.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
07-08-2012, 08:58 AM
You can rob a bank with a gun...... but you can rob the world with a bank.

When you have the UK Press reporting about 21 trillion in offshore taxhavens owned by the Elite... then the next day you have an article in the UK saying paying a tradesman cash in hand to avoid paying VAT is robbing the system...... the hipocrisy is often overlooked by the vast majority.

The economy is fucked..... kaput.... blammo..... they could sell all of the oil in the world and not have enough to pay of this "debt" that the world owes.

I fucking hate Central Banks Censored

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post