A born outsider

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2013, 09:26 AM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2013 09:52 AM by Crusher.)
A born outsider
I recently made a thread how I have problems finding a job because I see the world differently from most people. I can be amazed by everything and reality is boring compared to games.
I was told about a woman, Jane McGonigal, who wrote a book on how to make real life more fun by adding gaming aspects to it and how to solve real world problems by playing games.
It saw some videos of her where she explains that we should all play more games and that already so many people play games because real life is indeed rather boring.
And then it happend, I suddenly started losing interest in spending time on my pc. I realized I do things because it's an abnormal thing to do. I love being an outsider, I love not being part of society and people telling me I'm weird. I want to think outside of the box, to do things most people don't do like spending an absurd amount of time on my pc to learn all kinds of things so I can impress people with my knowledge of astronomy. As soon as people think my behaviour is normal or predicatable I instantly start to dislike it.
I remember when I was 6 I was sitting in the living room playing with my legos and my mum says "it's sesamestreet on tv!" figuring I want to watch it because I normally did but at that point I realized it's normal for me to do it so I told my mum I'm not a kid anymore and I never watched sesame street again.
I want to be special, to be an outsider, to do things differently. That's why I love having aspergers, as an outsider I can see everything as a whole and make a valid judgement but I guess as soon as I'm starting to behave normal I'm part of the system and my judgement is biased.
I build up my life on the philosophy that I have to be an outsider to make a valid judgement as it's the only way to see things as a whole. Is there a name for this sort of behaviour?

chan chan ki sikin aman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2013, 10:15 AM
RE: A born outsider
Yup.

The world is abnormal

And, btw, many people offered advice and guidance on that other thread. It would have been polite to at least acknowledge that.

03-04-2013, 10:31 AM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2013 10:35 AM by Crusher.)
(03-04-2013 10:15 AM)DLJ Wrote:  And, btw, many people offered advice and guidance on that other thread. It would have been polite to at least acknowledge that.

Thank you people for all the good advice!

Also, I'm wondering what's other peoples ultimate reason to do anything.

chan chan ki sikin aman
03-04-2013, 10:33 AM
(03-04-2013 09:26 AM)Crusher Wrote:  I recently made a thread how I have problems finding a job because I see the world differently from most people. I can be amazed by everything and reality is boring compared to games.
I was told about a woman, Jane McGonigal, who wrote a book on how to make real life more fun by adding gaming aspects to it and how to solve real world problems by playing games.
It saw some videos of her where she explains that we should all play more games and that already so many people play games because real life is indeed rather boring.
And then it happend, I suddenly started losing interest in spending time on my pc. I realized I do things because it's an abnormal thing to do. I love being an outsider, I love not being part of society and people telling me I'm weird. I want to think outside of the box, to do things most people don't do like spending an absurd amount of time on my pc to learn all kinds of things so I can impress people with my knowledge of astronomy. As soon as people think my behaviour is normal or predicatable I instantly start to dislike it.
I remember when I was 6 I was sitting in the living room playing with my legos and my mum says "it's sesamestreet on tv!" figuring I want to watch it because I normally did but at that point I realized it's normal for me to do it so I told my mum I'm not a kid anymore and I never watched sesame street again.
I want to be special, to be an outsider, to do things differently. That's why I love having aspergers, as an outsider I can see everything as a whole and make a valid judgement but I guess as soon as I'm starting to behave normal I'm part of the system and my judgement is biased.
I build up my life on the philosophy that I have to be an outsider to make a valid judgement as it's the only way to see things as a whole. Is there a name for this sort of behaviour?

Very good attributes for an entrepreneur.

Watch the world, think outside the box, find a creative solution to something and you've got yourself a job that rocks for you.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
03-04-2013, 10:39 AM
(03-04-2013 10:33 AM)Dom Wrote:  Very good attributes for an entrepreneur.

Watch the world, think outside the box, find a creative solution to something and you've got yourself a job that rocks for you.

Well actually I recently had a job interview with some guy in a wheelchair who offered me a job as a personal assistant to help him with basic things, cleaning up his house, making food, driving him around. We could exchange ideas, philosophies, etc.

chan chan ki sikin aman
[+] 1 user Likes Crusher's post
03-04-2013, 10:42 AM
Certainly a lot of improvement possible in the world of handicaps.... You might just find an idea you can ride...

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
09-04-2013, 08:40 AM
Really?
Show me one person who wouldn't rather spend time on his/hers computer more than working a shitty job.
09-04-2013, 08:48 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2013 08:53 AM by nach_in.)
so you're like a hipster person?

[Image: hipster-ariel-on-film-photo-u2.jpg]

[Image: sigvacachica.png]