A call for calm.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2013, 07:46 PM
A call for calm.
So as you all know there has been a bit of drama recently, which no one is happy with.
A few points I'd like to make, first. Enough is enough I think it’s time we all drop the recent trouble and just move on. Every time it gets dragged back up it brings with it all the shit none of us can be bothered dealing with again, all the hurt etc.

All it does is drag something out that we should all let die so that we can get back to having this forum a place we actually want to be in again. It won't happen if we don't just put it behind us where it belongs.

I know people feel like this place isn't the same anymore. To an extent yes, but that was always going to happen. The forum gets bigger. People will come and go - it sucks when people you like just ‘up and leave’ for no reason but that's life.
Back in the beginning, the forum was just a few members on a small island surrounded by a sea of spam bots. A few members took it upon themselves to make a change which laid the foundations for the forum.

This isn't a small forum with a small number of members anymore. We’ve gone from that handful of people to a forum with a community built around it, with just short of 6000 registered users all in the space of a few years. It has evolved into something bigger than just another atheist forum. If a few members can set in motion what lead to the best atheist forum online, there is no reason a greater number of us can’t do the same.

This forum has plenty of life left in it; it's far from dead. It may not be the same as it was but that doesn't mean we can't make it better. The key here is that it’s a group effort. The only way that will happen is if people do what they always have done: post, debate, support when people need it, make jokes and randomly derail threads like most of the forum team still do Angel. You know, business as usual.

To the people thinking of leaving I leave you with this, Muffs said it perfectly. It was in relation to a discussion about rules but it’s just as relevant over several issues just replace ‘rules’ with your grievance. “At the end of the day we're here because of the people, not the rules. What about the people have changed to warrant you leaving?”
Angel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 13 users Like FSM_scot's post
10-01-2013, 07:55 PM
RE: A call for calm.
hear, fucking hear.
Sooner we all leave that shit in the non-goddamned dirt, the sooner we can get to actually talking about shit, that isn't shit.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
[+] 4 users Like Free Thought's post
10-01-2013, 08:03 PM
Nicely put. I especially like the poetic part of "surrounded by a sea of spam bots".

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 3 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
10-01-2013, 08:16 PM
I'm calm and happy! No other choice. Smile

One thing, I'd like to add: Unicorns.

Ahhh.... positive in, positive out (don't ask unicorns what this means, just don't)

[Image: unicorn_zpsf3f3f60f.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like LadyJane's post
10-01-2013, 08:19 PM
Unless that unicorn has some candy, I am not getting in that van. It seems suspicious.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
10-01-2013, 08:21 PM
sparkles! Rainbows! Cupcakes! Big Grin Girl_nails
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
10-01-2013, 08:23 PM
What kind of cupcakes.

10-01-2013, 08:29 PM
Thank you, FSM_scot.

I'd also like to remind people that this forum is tied with the TTA brand. With Seth's recent book & the store expanding, let's make sure this place adds to, and not detracts from, the dignity and decency of TTA.

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Percepticon's post
10-01-2013, 08:30 PM
Sparkles! Rainbows! Cupcakes! AND TRAINS!!

[Image: TankMessage_zpsd0552e07.png]

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 4 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
10-01-2013, 10:45 PM
(10-01-2013 07:46 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  ...
it’s time we all drop the recent trouble and just move on.

WTAF!

Who are you to tell us what to do?

This is outrageous!

I'm leaving!

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post