A call for calm.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-01-2013, 10:50 PM
RE: A call for calm.
(11-01-2013 03:09 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Janus's original account on this forum under another name was banned for constantly spamming the shout box with ads after being warned to stop. another account was banned first post for posting spam, Sock puppetry has always been against the rules its nothing new.
So.. what you are saying is; I was right about Janus all along.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2013, 10:52 PM
(11-01-2013 10:40 PM)Egor Wrote:  Right, but most people get attached to their nics. They develop a reputation, post count, that sort of thing. Let's say a person has four or five sock puppets, each one is responsible for it's own actions. I'm just suggesting don't ask; don't tell. Now, if someone is trying to sabotage the forum or post spam, etc., then yeah, you'd have to ban the IP address and all their nics. Ultimately, however, they can get a new computer, or use a different one and join again. I've joined Absolute Write like seven times, but I can never use Egor, Edward, Veridican, again on that forum, and even more, I can't be myself. So, the ban works, even though I think I'm actually a current member right now, but I can't be myself, so I don't visit very often, and I never post.

At the same time, if you just wanted to get rid of the guy--I can appreciate that. It just seems counterproductive.

But maybe I'm not seeing the whole picture. School me. Confused
I'd opt for using a different computer - the first example seems way too expensive. Big Grin

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
11-01-2013, 11:25 PM
(11-01-2013 10:52 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(11-01-2013 10:40 PM)Egor Wrote:  Right, but most people get attached to their nics. They develop a reputation, post count, that sort of thing. Let's say a person has four or five sock puppets, each one is responsible for it's own actions. I'm just suggesting don't ask; don't tell. Now, if someone is trying to sabotage the forum or post spam, etc., then yeah, you'd have to ban the IP address and all their nics. Ultimately, however, they can get a new computer, or use a different one and join again. I've joined Absolute Write like seven times, but I can never use Egor, Edward, Veridican, again on that forum, and even more, I can't be myself. So, the ban works, even though I think I'm actually a current member right now, but I can't be myself, so I don't visit very often, and I never post.

At the same time, if you just wanted to get rid of the guy--I can appreciate that. It just seems counterproductive.

But maybe I'm not seeing the whole picture. School me. Confused
I'd opt for using a different computer - the first example seems way too expensive. Big Grin

I don't understand why anyone would want to rejoin a group that's repeatedly banned them.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

12-01-2013, 05:21 AM
(11-01-2013 11:25 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I don't understand why anyone would want to rejoin a group that's repeatedly banned them.
Masochism.

Or a burning desire to be a pain in the ass. You know, the kind of burning desire that screams "My mommy didn't love me enough so I crave any human recognition I can get, even to the point of cherishing the disgust and hatred of random strangers on the internet."

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 3 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
12-01-2013, 05:23 AM
(12-01-2013 05:21 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(11-01-2013 11:25 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I don't understand why anyone would want to rejoin a group that's repeatedly banned them.
Masochism.

Or a burning desire to be a pain in the ass. You know, the kind of burning desire that screams "My mommy didn't love me enough so I crave any human recognition I can get, even to the point of cherishing the disgust and hatred of random strangers on the internet."
That's been my theory for many years regarding trolls. Yes

12-01-2013, 05:46 AM
Talking about puppet accounts, Nappa and namiloveyou anyone?

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
12-01-2013, 05:50 AM
*grumbles* OK I check IPs. If I can figure out how.
12-01-2013, 05:50 AM
(12-01-2013 05:46 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Talking about puppet accounts, Nappa and namiloveyou anyone?
Don't think so, Muffs. Namican'tstandyou is a 12-year (at the most) and the other one seems older (though equally dumb). Unfortunately, there's more than enough idiocy in the world to go around. And then some.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
12-01-2013, 05:56 AM
OK I'm too dumb to figure out how to do IP check so... gotta live without. Have to say NILY and HailMeNow seem like a better fit to me... but wouldn't put it past them to be just two equally horrible assholes living in their own separate spaces.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
12-01-2013, 06:25 AM
I think Chas already did a IP check on those two, Morondog, 'twas inconclusive.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Exclamation I call for more repping powers for regular members Magoo 40 1,331 08-01-2013 04:23 PM
Last Post: Hobbitgirl
Question How does the talk show skype call work? UndercoverAtheist 7 355 02-10-2012 08:19 AM
Last Post: earmuffs
  Too poor to call LucasTheSwede 6 364 10-02-2012 04:37 PM
Last Post: Leela