A call for civility (in most cases)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-10-2013, 03:33 AM
RE: A call for civility (in most cases)
Actually, you wanna know what religious groups I do have respect for?

Those suicide cults.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
02-10-2013, 03:41 AM
(02-10-2013 03:33 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Actually, you wanna know what religious groups I do have respect for?

Those suicide cults.

Laughat You made me lawl!

Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
02-10-2013, 04:50 AM
We get religious people of various stripes here, and we are generally as respectful in response as the original post warrants. There may be exceptions to that, no doubt.

I used to debate them but find that it rarely goes anywhere useful, and I no longer bother. People accuse me of just sniping at them - probably an accurate description. I just can't find the energy to try to debate the delusional.

This also includes the conspiracy nuts and the ideologues - they differ in no great respect from the faith heads. The woo believers are slightly more interesting as their beliefs are often curable with knowledge, science to be precise.

It is usually obvious to me from very early on in conversation with any of these people where it is headed, and I will opt out of any serious interaction early on.

I agree that we should try for constructive, polite, intelligent conversation with all who come here.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post