A carrot to anyone that can explain this to me.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-10-2013, 11:43 AM
RE: A carrot to anyone that can explain this to me.
Ha - I remember that one! Tongue

Nah - I am a huge fan of pears and apples - since I was a little kid, according to my Mom. I eat at least one or the other each day if I can. I'm quite nearly obsessed with apples and devour any new findings about them.

Scientists have recently discovered a group of enzymes specific to apples, which seem to have extreme preservative abilities. There is even a cosmetic company buying up apple groves to naturally "manufacture" this enzyme so they can do further research and of course, put in it their skin products.

I suppose I can imagine putting applesauce on my face... but personally, I'd just rather eat them. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-10-2013, 11:47 AM
That reminds me - I need to stroll to my apple trees today. I can see red ones hanging there... time for some tasting and picking.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
19-10-2013, 12:52 PM
(19-10-2013 11:47 AM)Dom Wrote:  That reminds me - I need to stroll to my apple trees today. I can see red ones hanging there... time for some tasting and picking.

Ooh - I'm envious. My family farm lost quite a few trees this year - we lost mostly apple and pear trees. I'm not certain what happened yet; we'll have to figure out if it was just weather conditions or that borer beetle thing or some plague. Who knows - I just know I'm gonna be actually buying my fruit for the first time in quite a while. Confused

My friend lost many of his really old trees to that evergreen plague sweeping the US. He had some huge, 40 year old pines he had to take down - they were gorgeous one minute and in less than a month they were crispy, brown, and dead. It was unbelievably quick and such horrific devastation - I hope that shit is gone and never comes back. Undecided

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
19-10-2013, 02:31 PM
We are beginning to deal with the emerald ash borer around here which sucks because it's a fairly heavily forested area and well over half the trees are ash. I have 9 very large mature ash trees on my lot.

Carrots are cold because they are orange.

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
19-10-2013, 03:05 PM
A carrot to anyone that can explain this to me.
(19-10-2013 02:31 PM)Heathen Wrote:  We are beginning to deal with the emerald ash borer around here which sucks because it's a fairly heavily forested area and well over half the trees are ash. I have 9 very large mature ash trees on my lot.

Carrots are cold because they are orange.

beginning? Here in Michigan almost no ash trees are left. I had 2 dead ash trees on my property, and a third
fell onto my property. It was my neighbors tree that fell on top of my fence.