A challenge for creationists.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-09-2011, 07:37 PM
RE: A challenge for creationists.
I would accept that feces are good fertilizer, but why does it have to carry so much disease and cause pink eye? Ewww!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-09-2011, 08:09 PM
(29-09-2011 06:37 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I've been asking this question for four years and I've not gotten a good answer yet. So, whatcha got?

I think the creator watched as after a few weeks of eating, his first creation's belly got huge and burst. This left a whole lot of crap to clean up over a very wide area and so modified the design in order that firstly, his creation didn't die and secondly, so that the shit all ended up neatly in one spot, which made it easier to scoop up.

"To think of what the world has suffered from superstition, from religion, from the worship of beast and stone and god, is
almost enough to make one insane."

Robert G. Ingersoll
30-09-2011, 11:18 AM
(29-09-2011 07:37 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  I would accept that feces are good fertilizer, but why does it have to carry so much disease and cause pink eye? Ewww!
The existence of diseases is one of the results of human sin. The third chapter of Genesis explains how it all began.

http://www.esvbible.org/search/genesis+3/

God's invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made.
Romans 1:20 ESV

blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-09-2011, 11:59 AM
AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

OK, let's get something straight. Human feces (humanure) is not the filthy, disease ridden filth that society today deems it. Manure contains the same things that go into your body, and in fact, more often that not, pathogens are KILLED in the digestion process. Of course there are some diseases related with feces, as there are also diseases related with cauliflower, plastic, cotton, and pretty much anything else on the planet. Humanure tends to be more pathogen ridden ONLY because humans tend to consume more crap (no pun intended).

Humanure is an extremely effective fertilizer, and if we started using it properly you would all thank someone after they took a shit at your house. Get over the ideas that modern society has drilled into your brain about feces being filth. It is not. It is an essential part of the ecosystem, and evolution is to thank for that. Life in any form is the ultimate recycling machine.

....ok, had to get that off my chest. Carry on.

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
30-09-2011, 03:03 PM (This post was last modified: 30-09-2011 03:05 PM by Gawdzilla.)
(29-09-2011 08:09 PM)Organon Wrote:  
(29-09-2011 06:37 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I've been asking this question for four years and I've not gotten a good answer yet. So, whatcha got?

I think the creator watched as after a few weeks of eating, his first creation's belly got huge and burst. This left a whole lot of crap to clean up over a very wide area and so modified the design in order that firstly, his creation didn't die and secondly, so that the shit all ended up neatly in one spot, which made it easier to scoop up.

Which begs the question, "why the shit in the first place?" Cool
(30-09-2011 11:59 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

OK, let's get something straight. Human feces (humanure) is not the filthy, disease ridden filth that society today deems it. Manure contains the same things that go into your body, and in fact, more often that not, pathogens are KILLED in the digestion process. Of course there are some diseases related with feces, as there are also diseases related with cauliflower, plastic, cotton, and pretty much anything else on the planet. Humanure tends to be more pathogen ridden ONLY because humans tend to consume more crap (no pun intended).

Humanure is an extremely effective fertilizer, and if we started using it properly you would all thank someone after they took a shit at your house. Get over the ideas that modern society has drilled into your brain about feces being filth. It is not. It is an essential part of the ecosystem, and evolution is to thank for that. Life in any form is the ultimate recycling machine.

....ok, had to get that off my chest. Carry on.

Sorry but CRAP. Back to the "benefits" again.
30-09-2011, 03:37 PM
(30-09-2011 03:03 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Which begs the question, "why the shit in the first place?" Cool

All I can suggest is poor design! Our body takes all the good stuff out of the food and leaves the crap. Good design would have found a way of using every bit of the foodstuff. Smile

Plants are probably the most efficient users of food, taking in just what they need and not expelling anything.

"To think of what the world has suffered from superstition, from religion, from the worship of beast and stone and god, is
almost enough to make one insane."

Robert G. Ingersoll
30-09-2011, 05:13 PM
(30-09-2011 03:37 PM)Organon Wrote:  Plants are probably the most efficient users of food, taking in just what they need and not expelling anything.
Not true at all. Just sayin.

Man, it's starting to feel like I am defending creationism and a "perfect design". I'm not at all implying that there is perfection, but I am just compelled to point out innacuracies so as to make the side of evolution more credible.

As for benefits, sure there are benefits. That doesn't give any credibility to ID.

.........ok, now I'm done for sure. Carry on.

Just visiting.

-SR
30-09-2011, 07:27 PM
(30-09-2011 03:37 PM)Organon Wrote:  Plants are probably the most efficient users of food, taking in just what they need and not expelling anything.

Uhhhhhh ...... oxygen anyone?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
01-10-2011, 05:38 AM
(30-09-2011 07:27 PM)BnW Wrote:  

Uhhhhhh ...... oxygen anyone?

Ayep, as a waste product. This "poisoned" the atmosphere of Earth over a billion years and made it possible for life as we know it to evolve. It's no surprise that life got started in the seas, that's where the oxygen was first.

But the whole concept of waste by-products is a sure sign that a infinitely wise, infinitely powerful and infinitely kind being "designed" us. Solar powered beings wouldn't produce waste, wouldn't have to kill to eat, wouldn't have to fight for land to raise crops, etc. (Just one solution to the problem, there are more I'm sure.)
01-10-2011, 10:42 AM
Here is an aspect to this topic I was wondering if anyone had considered: how much waste would there be if man ate only what he needed in order for survival?

Basically, the more you eat...(what is the old "proverb," beans, beans, the musical...lol).

Seriously: if we did not indulge ourselves, but ate merely that which was necessary for survival, the amount of waste would be significantly lowered. Don't believe me? Skip a few meals for a few days...it is a simple verifiable fact.

S.T.