A challenge for creationists.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-10-2011, 11:10 AM
RE: A challenge for creationists.
(01-10-2011 10:42 AM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  Here is an aspect to this topic I was wondering if anyone had considered: how much waste would there be if man ate only what he needed in order for survival?

Basically, the more you eat...(what is the old "proverb," beans, beans, the musical...lol).

Seriously: if we did not indulge ourselves, but ate merely that which was necessary for survival, the amount of waste would be significantly lowered. Don't believe me? Skip a few meals for a few days...it is a simple verifiable fact.

S.T.

Interesting point. However, this works if the food you eat contains large amounts of what you need to keep running. Remember that the Diplodocus (sp?) ate tons of food every day to get what they needed from a diet of ferns.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2011, 11:55 AM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2011 12:00 PM by mysticjbyrd.)
(29-09-2011 06:37 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  You believe a supreme being created man in his image? That this being is infinitely wise, an intelligent designer, and cares about his creations?

If so, then please explain defecation.

Don't say "we have to do it to expel waste" or any other apologies for the act, explain why an intelligent designer, supreme wise, would chose a system that results in so much waste, largely toxic and almost always a problem when produced, a system that is used by humans, all mammals, and most other living things on the planet.

I've been asking this question for four years and I've not gotten a good answer yet. So, whatcha got?

For that matter, why create us so we have to eat at all. Countless people die of hunger every year. Why not just let us absorb sunlight for energy!!!

it is easy to disprove intelligent design. Because, there are lots of things that can be pointed out that aint so intelligentlu designed, even by human standards.
Evolution just makes things good enough to work, not perfect. Which is exactly what we find in nature.
01-10-2011, 12:20 PM
(01-10-2011 11:55 AM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  
(29-09-2011 06:37 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  You believe a supreme being created man in his image? That this being is infinitely wise, an intelligent designer, and cares about his creations?

If so, then please explain defecation.

Don't say "we have to do it to expel waste" or any other apologies for the act, explain why an intelligent designer, supreme wise, would chose a system that results in so much waste, largely toxic and almost always a problem when produced, a system that is used by humans, all mammals, and most other living things on the planet.

I've been asking this question for four years and I've not gotten a good answer yet. So, whatcha got?

For that matter, why create us so we have to eat at all. Countless people die of hunger every year. Why not just let us absorb sunlight for energy!!!

it is easy to disprove intelligent design. Because, there are lots of things that can be pointed out that aint so intelligentlu designed, even by human standards.
Evolution just makes things good enough to work, not perfect. Which is exactly what we find in nature.
Exactly. IDiots try to say we can't judge what an intelligent design would be. I reply, "If you saw an airplane with both wings on one side, could you tell if it was intelligently designed or not?"
01-10-2011, 02:51 PM
(01-10-2011 11:10 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(01-10-2011 10:42 AM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  Here is an aspect to this topic I was wondering if anyone had considered: how much waste would there be if man ate only what he needed in order for survival?

Basically, the more you eat...(what is the old "proverb," beans, beans, the musical...lol).

Seriously: if we did not indulge ourselves, but ate merely that which was necessary for survival, the amount of waste would be significantly lowered. Don't believe me? Skip a few meals for a few days...it is a simple verifiable fact.

S.T.

Interesting point. However, this works if the food you eat contains large amounts of what you need to keep running. Remember that the Diplodocus (sp?) ate tons of food every day to get what they needed from a diet of ferns.

It really has nothing to do with quantity. I could live by juicing vegetables and most likely render the need for daily voiding to a minimum.

But where's the fun in that, right? I do have a preference for pepperoni and mushroom.

As far as the suggestion that we be created with no need for this function...its already been done: we call them angels, who are spirit beings, which we presume have no need for eating and the consequences.

S.T.