A change of brain

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-01-2013, 11:08 AM
A change of brain
Like the rest of you probably do, I work with a variety of religous and non-religious people and some people that professionally won't broach the subject. One in particular over heard me chatting with someone about the arguments between evolution and creationism. Now I like this guy because even as a leaning fundamentalist mormon he will attempt calm rational discourse (which I've found is rare for that breed). So we get to going over arguments and things but being as we were having the discussion at work something came up and I couldn't quite finish up the conversation so I told him I'd get back to him about it. He agreed and we didn't bring it up for about two and half weeks or so. While I was sitting at home I remembered and so I emailed him this to his credit he read the whole document and he completely changed his stance on evolution. I was pleasently amazed!

TL;DR - My buddy took up the creationist argument and he was swayed to evolution by way of the linked document.

Talent hits the target no one else can hit, while genius hits the target no one knew existed.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Hennepin's post
31-01-2013, 07:46 AM (This post was last modified: 31-01-2013 07:54 AM by Full Circle.)
RE: A change of brain
(25-01-2013 11:08 AM)Hennepin Wrote:  While I was sitting at home I remembered and so I emailed him this to his credit he read the whole document and he completely changed his stance on evolution. I was pleasently amazed!

Your co-worker is apparently evolving before your very eyes! Pretty cool.
I have noticed that throughout history conversions to faith are at the point of a sword and deconversions from faith are at the point of a pen.

Nova produced a very interesting documentary on the ID trial of Kitzmiller v Dover Board of Education, I found it well worth the time to watch and addresses most of the points your linked article discusses.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/evolution/i...trial.html

In any human activity other than religion, someone ignoring evidence would be regarded as a fool. - Victor Stenger

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
26-03-2014, 09:38 AM
RE: A change of brain
(25-01-2013 11:08 AM)Hennepin Wrote:  While I was sitting at home I remembered and so I emailed him this to his credit he read the whole document and he completely changed his stance on evolution. I was pleasently amazed!

TL;DR - My buddy took up the creationist argument and he was swayed to evolution by way of the linked document.

Ya sorry I'm looking through old posts to find something new to read and this link above is a total gem. Thought I would just bring it up again. I have a few people I know should read this.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/1mZ6-3awA...hvPLx/edit