A christian site parading as scientific sites

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2011, 08:57 AM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2011 09:08 AM by Buddy Christ.)
RE: A christian site parading as scientific sites
...mother of god.

They literally disagree with every scientific discovery ever. Unless that scientist was a theist.

My favorite so far:

"Diabetes is an entirely preventable disease. It is caused, in 100% of reported cases, by constant self-administered recreational enemas. Should you and I pay for "insulin" -- really a form of ecstacy -- for all those "ravers" who flooded their colons to the point of collapse? Let's have real medical solutions for real Americans, based on real science!"

I should have known that my grandma and sister were just insulin junkies trying to get a fix.

LOL. And anyone that tries to sign up and post logic gets banned, their avatar changed to a picture of an angel tossing a person into hell, and the title "Confirmed Enemy of God"

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2011, 11:31 AM
"Things that don´t count as facts are e.g. cheap photoshops, wikipedia-links, secular science, unproven theories, rational thinking and conclusions based own your own believs."

This is my favorite passage Dodgy
I registered BTW by the name of "optipolar" . I wonder how long it will take them to change my avatar to a tossing angel.

..."we can be truly free - not because we can rebel against the the tyranny of the selfish replicators but because we know that there is no one to rebel."
Susan Blackmore : The Meme Machine
04-04-2011, 12:30 AM
I received this kind tolerant and loving letter:

Heart
Dear optipolar,

You have received an infraction at The Landover Baptist Church Forum.

Reason: Attempting to engage in debate on God's favorite forum
-------
First of all, this is NOT a debate forum. Please read THIS thread before making an even bigger fool of yourself.

Secondly, while the internets might seem to be "free" to you, this particular corner of the internets is a privately owned Christian forum. The rights you have on this forum are listed HERE. Please contact a Pastor immediately if you feel that any of your rights have been violated.

Finally, your unsaved opinions or tantrums are not even slightly of interest to us. We follow the Holy Word of God TO THE LETTER, and make no apologies for that. One of the most important commandments in the Bible tells us to avoid unsaved scum such as yourself. You wandered in here uninvited, and unwelcome .

Please make a thread of your own in the "Introductions" section of the forum, so that we can properly greet you. Tell us about yourself, your church, and how you came to find Jesus.

And if you're here to flame us, better take a look at THIS before making an even bigger ass out of yourself.

I will pray that the Holy Spirit enter you and chase the demons out of your rectum and let Jesus fill you with His Grace. If you use your God-given free will to reject Christ and His temporary death on the cross for my sins, then you are sending yourself to hellfire.
Heart

..."we can be truly free - not because we can rebel against the the tyranny of the selfish replicators but because we know that there is no one to rebel."
04-04-2011, 12:37 AM
Do you know that the landover site is a fake church right???

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-04-2011, 02:13 AM
@TheSelfishGene

I dont know what do you think, but I think this is a religious trolling site, much like Tamtampamela's videos.

As I said on other threads, this reminds me of a local religious trolling blog I used to follow, the "extremist" rethoric is pretty much the same on that site.

The blog I used to visit had the title of "No hay pederatía en la santa iglesia" (There is no pedophilia within the holy church). The creator's nickname was "Martir Piadoso" (Mercyful Martyr), and his threads were written using the same extreme fundamentalist rethoric along with absurdities from catholic faith, he used harsh language and death threats against atheists, homosexuales, etc. But in the end it was a blog dedicated to show how catholic faith is absurd and immoral. I realized that when I read his threads and realized that there were obscene words hidden within acronims from "catholic organizations" names; one exaple was:

Colegio de Abogados Católicos de Argentina - C.A.C.A.

And "caca" is the spanish word for SH!T. In other words the creator of that blog was a very talented troll since not everyone noticed the signs of trolling hidden at plain sight. and I think that forum is pretty much the same. Big Grin.

Ironicaly the blog was shutted down because catholic people found this blog blasphemous and offensive towards the catholic followers.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
04-04-2011, 02:38 AM
(04-04-2011 12:37 AM)The Doctor Wrote:  Do you know that the landover site is a fake church right???

That would do wonders to restore at least some of my dwindling faith in humanity.

The original site I mentioned still remains very real, though.

And you gotta wonder how many of the people on that Landover site missed the satire and embraced it as truth.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
04-04-2011, 08:13 AM
(04-04-2011 12:37 AM)The Doctor Wrote:  Do you know that the landover site is a fake church right???

If it is so, I fell much less destroyed now and after all not all hope is gone.

04-04-2011, 09:15 PM
(04-04-2011 08:13 AM)TheSelfishGene Wrote:  

If it is so, I fell much less destroyed now and after all not all hope is gone.

It is. The Landover Baptist Church is satire of fundelmentalist Christianity.
Quote:Origin

The site was created by Chris Harper, who obtained his Master's Degree in English Literature from George Mason University in 1993 after being expelled from Liberty University (founded by Jerry Falwell) in 1989 for producing a satirical radio show which Liberty's administration found offensive. Harper frequently appears at atheist conventions playing the character of "Pastor Deacon Fred Smith". The website is owned by a company called Americhrist, Ltd.
Description

The fictional Landover Baptist Church is a parody of fundamentalist, Independent Baptist churches and Biblical literalism.
The fictitious church grants all authority to its Pastor, previously Ben Ebeneezer Smith, then upon his death to his brother Deacon Fred Smith, and as of June 2010 Pastor Harry Harkwell resulting from a "coup", in accordance with its spurious interpretation of Romans 13. However, Deacon Fred was "restored" to his Pastor position after a "reconciliation" during Glenn Beck's Restoring Honor Rally.
The church supposedly owns well over 1,000 acres (4,000,000 m2) in Freehold. The church claims to have twenty-eight paid pastors, 412 full time staff members, eleven fully-equipped chapels, seven sanctuaries, a 100,000 seat amphitheater, twelve television studios, two radio stations, an academy, a university, two gated communities, twenty-seven developments, three office parks, as well as a shopping mall, amusement park, golf course, retirement community, foundation, fire and police department, circus camp, resort center, retreat center, and a number of fitness centers, swimming pools, hot springs, and cemeteries.
Landover claims to have obtained a "permanent injunction" against all "unsaved" persons, prohibiting them from being within ten miles of the Landover property as well as forbidding them to enter Landover's website.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landover_Baptist_Church

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
05-04-2011, 01:42 AM
I was so pissed off the one time I did a google search on the subject, that it's been 2 months since. I searched the Tree of life, and was forced to scan about 2 dozen links before giving up and typing "Richard Dawkins, The Tree of life" (Or something like that), before I found what I was looking for. THE FUCKING DICKHEADS ARE TAKING OVER GOOGLE! AHHHHH!

The Beauty of The Scientific Method , is the Anticipation of a Better Explanation.
05-04-2011, 03:44 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2011 04:13 AM by Filox.)
I only wish I didn't come across this tread, I'm soooo furious right now... First it's this: "However, with the discovery, mapping and sequencing of the DNA molecule, we now understand that organic life is based on vastly complex information code, and such information cannot be created or interpreted without a Master Designer at the cosmic keyboard." from one of those links form the beginning of the thread. MASTER DESIGNER at COSMIC KEYBOARD?!? And now this baptists... Satiric or not, I've seen so many real sites with messages like this forum. I'm going to listen to some satanic music to help me relax after this...

Smile

EDIT:

I take everything back, after reading the "3 Experiments You Can Do At Home that PROVE THE EARTH IS FLAT!" from Landover Baptist Church I'm leaving this satanic forum and I will never return. You idiots, it is because of people like you I always believed that the Earth was indeed round. But these experiments have shown me the truth and how simple it is to find the truth!

You can shove it!

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Lightbulb Scientific Videos, Please assist LPMalakye 3 82 19-07-2014 08:03 PM
Last Post: evenheathen
  The Thinking Christian on COSMOS and evolution Bows and Arrows 163 2,008 29-03-2014 07:30 AM
Last Post: Chas
  The Scientific Method G4143 8 231 26-01-2014 10:16 AM
  A Scientific Response to Creationist on:Kinds Metazoa Zeke 10 571 21-01-2014 09:05 PM
Last Post: Metazoa Zeke
  Why is a scientific theory called a theory? Erikjust 14 437 07-01-2014 11:58 AM
Last Post: ClydeLee
  From where are scientific hypothesis made? I and I 114 2,514 27-09-2013 11:55 AM
Last Post: cjlr
  Is neo-darwinism a scientific theory? tiagorod84 181 5,426 29-08-2013 10:35 AM