A christian site parading as scientific sites

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-04-2011, 05:28 AM
RE: A christian site parading as scientific sites
At some point doesn't "commitment to the satire" just because full blown fundamentalism? It's like if Glenn Beck went "Just kidding, lawlz. I'm actually a democrat doing a satirical bit. Gotcha!"

Or on The Other Guys when Mark Wahlberg takes years of ballet lessons so he can "make fun of guys and show em how queer they were" ("you learned to dance like that sarcastically?")

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2011, 06:20 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2011 08:03 AM by Lilith Pride.)
Satire is an odd trade. It's most useful time was with European kingdoms and courts, where everyone made fun of the king and the question was who would be found. During the entire reign of the Catholic church many writers made very satirical books and passages. because if what they were saying was understood, they would die and the book would be burned.

People don't really care about respect and honor in the US currently. Most people look to please no one outside of their own little group. So yes satire is now really not going anywhere in most cases. It's generally seen as offensive and stopped just like back in the days of Catholicism's reign.

Witty or not, people have to understand that a large portion of the public, in fact the ones they are targeting, have no wit. If they hear you say something or see you do something, they'll just think you mean it. And they have no interest reflecting themselves in your actions.

Satire has always existed as a way for the oppressed to secretly communicate with each other more than anything else.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
05-04-2011, 09:37 AM
The people in those forums are good satirists. Remember the troll girl on youtube? Well she is a landover member.

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-04-2011, 01:38 PM
So she trolls, she posts in forums... she's active in the community she's mocking.

It's like if after a group of KKK members hung a black guy, 2 of them took off their hoods and went "no it's cool, we're just doing this satirically"

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
09-04-2011, 11:00 AM
I don't think it's uncommon for Christians to try to spread their message in disguise. I've seen movies that disguise themselves as science fiction and target a certain audience only to realize that there was really an underlying religious message.

Signs is one of the more obvious ones but there was also a movie called Contact that was like that.