A civil defense defender said an atomic explosion will never vaporized a human body

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2013, 11:58 PM

A civil defense defender said an atomic explosion will never vaporized a human body
This blogger who called himself nige, said in his various articles that an atomic bomb explosion will never be able to vaporized a human body. Thus the deceased victims of the explosion or the previous wars could have leave some remains such as bones and teeth or even full intacted burned bodies after the explosion occured. He even said that Elugelab island is not vaporized actually while there are a lot of photo evidences that show Elugelab island is indeed vaporized. Btw there are many more of his other articles regarding various topics about nuclear weapons, etc. this is his blog http://glasstone.blogspot.com/
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2013, 12:08 AM
RE: A civil defense defender said an atomic explosion will never vaporized a human body
I couldn't be bothered to read all that, but for a body to be vaporized it should be somewhat near the explosion, if I understand correctly (and I'm most probably wrong), from a not too distant from ground zero, the blast would destroy the body but not vaporize it per se... Don't ask me how distant it must be to cause this effect though, I guess it would depend on the size of the bomb...

But the center, everything disappears there, even atoms get blown apart!!!

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2013, 12:20 AM

RE: A civil defense defender said an atomic explosion will never vaporized a human body
(11-09-2013 12:08 AM)nach_in Wrote:  I couldn't be bothered to read all that, but for a body to be vaporized it should be somewhat near the explosion, if I understand correctly (and I'm most probably wrong), from a not too distant from ground zero, the blast would destroy the body but not vaporize it per se... Don't ask me how distant it must be to cause this effect though, I guess it would depend on the size of the bomb...

But the center, everything disappears there, even atoms get blown apart!!!

But yet if you read some of his articles there, he is even insists that there are actually human survivors that survive the ground zero of the atomic explosion from the previous war, such as the Atomic Bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki! Shocking He also did provide some photos of the aftermath of Hiroshima and some of the photos which he claimed is the photo of a building that situated immediately under an exploding bomb or the ground zero, there are still remains such as rubbles and burned woods there.
11-09-2013, 12:41 AM
well... that's just like holocaust denial...

I'm no expert, but if a grenade can kill a person then an atomic bomb can too, there's no denying that.

11-09-2013, 04:20 AM

Yeah of course, but the effect is different because a grenade can't completely vaporize an entire human body. I hope a more knowledgeable person will come to discuss this. I just feel a bit confused when the blogger said an atomic bomb explosion can't completely vaporize a human body.
11-09-2013, 10:14 AM
(11-09-2013 04:20 AM)Mike Wrote:  Yeah of course, but the effect is different because a grenade can't completely vaporize an entire human body. I hope a more knowledgeable person will come to discuss this. I just feel a bit confused when the blogger said an atomic bomb explosion can't completely vaporize a human body.

The amount of thermal energy close to the detonation will vaporize everything, including humans.

What is the blogger's point?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-09-2013, 10:22 AM
(11-09-2013 10:14 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-09-2013 04:20 AM)Mike Wrote:  Yeah of course, but the effect is different because a grenade can't completely vaporize an entire human body. I hope a more knowledgeable person will come to discuss this. I just feel a bit confused when the blogger said an atomic bomb explosion can't completely vaporize a human body.

The amount of thermal energy close to the detonation will vaporize everything, including humans.

What is the blogger's point?

Indeed. An explosion is a release of energy. A sufficiently large explosion will reduce anything to unidentifiable constituent parts ('vaporize' is not a term a scientist would use in this context).

I propose he test this by sitting on top of a nuclear bomb as it detonates.

The blog entry itself is extroardinarily long (or at least feels like it Rolleyes ), poorly formatted, erratically composed, and difficult to synthesize. Is there a point to this?

... this is my signature!
11-09-2013, 09:59 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2013 10:25 PM by Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver.)
Depends

1) How far away from ground zero are you?

2) Do you have any protective cover?

3) What kind of nuclear weapon is used and what is the explosive yield of the bomb?

4) Where was the weapon detonated from? On the ground? Delayed airburst with an altimeter fuse?

All of these factors have to be accounted for. Small nukes (eg a W54 'suitcase nuke') would only take out a city block. Large thermonuclear weapons like Mike, Castle Bravo, MK17, Tsar Bomba, etc. have obliterated entire islands and land masses.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
12-09-2013, 12:30 AM

I'm also don't understand what's his motive and his point there but the title of the article is "Declassified effects of nuclear weapons and other threats: minimizing weapons effects on civilians". He said, what most people said about the effect of nuclear explosion to people or the surrounding isn't as bad as what they've said and then he said most of it are just a bunch of propaganda.

Btw if you're looking at the comment section here Declassified data on structures exposed to nuclear weapons tests in the Pacific, the anon ask, "Actually it's clearly that Elugelab island is largely vaporized by the H-bomb explosion. After reading some of your articles, you said actually an atomic bomb will never vaporized a person. Can you elaborate more about this claim? Do you believe that an atomic bomb can't vaporize an entire human body including all the bones, organs, etc.? From what I've learned from many sources an atomic bomb explosion could vaporized a large number of people and leaving only a bits of burned charcoal which are actually the remains of the victims, sometimes leaving only gases and dusts".

Then the blogger, nige answered, "No, Elugelab wasn't "vaporised". If you touch coral, it's fragile and breaks up very easily into coral sand. Hence the big crater, which doesn't happen in ordinary soil:

See the latest post on this blog for a discussion of cratering exaggerations: Easy protection against the exaggerated city effects of nuclear weapons, and easy protection against nerve gas, http://glasstone.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/...r-d-g.html

Also, nobody has every been "vaporised" by thermal radiation from a nuclear explosion, e.g. in Hiroshima even at ground zero you're talking about 100 calories per square centimetre in the open. Useful information: heat of vaporization of water = 2257 J/g = 540 calories/gram. Density of water or skin (70% water) = 1 gram/cubic centimetre.

Therefore, 100 calories per square centimetre (ground zero Hiroshima) is only enough energy to vaporize a layer of water or skin 100/540 = 0.185 cm thick, or 1.85 mm thick.

In fact, even less will be vaporized because some heat is reflected by the skin, and some is absorbed by clothing. If clothing ignites, it can be extinguished easily by rolling it out. Remember, contrary to propaganda, thermally ignited clothing is easier to extinguish than petrol soaked clothing in peacetime car accident victims. The 1946 U.S. Strategic Bombing Survey report documents the fact that clothing ignition could be beaten out.

The main danger in cities is not from thermal radiation or fires, because modern city buildings absorb almost all of the thermal and much of the nuclear radiation. So the really widespread danger is flying glass and blast winds, which are dealt with by duck and cover on seeing the bright flash, which arrives prior to the blast wave
".

There is also a last note from him before the comment section, he said the vaporization is just a myth as "Nobody has ever been "vaporised" by thermal radiation from a nuclear explosion, e.g. in Hiroshima even at ground zero you're talking about 100 calories per square centimetre in the open. Useful information: heat of vaporization of water = 2257 J/g = 540 calories/gram. Density of water or skin (70% water) = 1 gram/cubic centimetre". It seems he is insisting that a nuclear bomb explosion will not vaporized everything, even if there is a group of people at the ground zero. Consider
12-09-2013, 01:25 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orders_of_m...e_(energy)

According to that, 10^3 J is the energy needed to vaporize water, the Tsar bomba released 10^17 J... that's 14 more orders of magnitude.

[+] 2 users Like nach_in's post