A civil defense defender said an atomic explosion will never vaporized a human body

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-09-2013, 05:29 AM
RE: A civil defense defender said an atomic explosion will never vaporized a human body
(14-09-2013 05:00 AM)Mike Wrote:  
(14-09-2013 04:22 AM)Chas Wrote:  And not just energy, but a process.

People were incinerated and then the remains were pulverised by tons of falling steel and debris.

Yes. IIRC the heat released by the jet, or conventional weapons are less than the heat produced by an atomic explosion.

How about in the case of an atomic explosion? After the bomb is detonated, are there really any remains leave after the explosion? Such as bone fragments, skulls, burned charcoals, etc. ?

Already answered. There is enough energy close to the center of detonation to vaporize anything. The energy density follows an inverse square law with respect to distance.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
14-09-2013, 08:12 AM

RE: A civil defense defender said an atomic explosion will never vaporized a human body
What do you think if a 50 megaton H-bomb detonated in a country, is it sufficient to kill and vaporize the entire population leaving no remains? Are there other thermonuclear bombs that have more yield and much powerful than Tsar Bomba?
Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2013, 08:26 AM
(14-09-2013 08:12 AM)Mike Wrote:  What do you think if a 50 megaton H-bomb detonated in a country, is it sufficient to kill and vaporize the entire population leaving no remains? Are there other thermonuclear bombs that have more yield and much powerful than Tsar Bomba?

It appears that you have run out of intelligent questions. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-09-2013, 08:37 AM

(14-09-2013 08:26 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-09-2013 08:12 AM)Mike Wrote:  What do you think if a 50 megaton H-bomb detonated in a country, is it sufficient to kill and vaporize the entire population leaving no remains? Are there other thermonuclear bombs that have more yield and much powerful than Tsar Bomba?

It appears that you have run out of intelligent questions. Drinking Beverage

LOL Big Grin

Btw I just want to share some of the effects from the less powerful kiloton range atomic bombs. Here it is :

“Observations of the remains of towers and shielding material after detonation at several ground zeros indicate that large masses of material are not vaporized. Observations of the residue of the Smoky tower [44 kt bomb atop a 700 foot high steel tower] indicated that a very significant portion of that tower remained, including the upper 200 feet of steel. Another example similar to Shot Smoky was Shot Apple II [29 kt atop a 500 ft steel tower], Teapot Series. Even though the total yield of Shot Apple II was about [29 kt], the floor of the cab [housing the nuclear bomb itself, at the top of the tower] and the main tower support columns remained intact. The results of the Shot Fizeau [11 kt atop a 500 ft steel tower] tower melt studies (W. K. Dolen and A. D. Thornborough, Fitzeau Tower Melt Studies, Sandia report SC-4185, 1958, Secret) show that about 85 percent of tower material was accounted for after the detonation and that only the upper 50 feet of tower was vaporized. No melting occurred beyond 175 feet from the top of the tower although the fireball theoretically engulfed more than 400 feet of the tower.”

- Dr Kermit H. Larson, et al., Distribution, Characteristics, and Biotic Availability of Fallout, Operation Plumbbob, weapon test report WT-1488, ADA077509, July 1966, page 59.
Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2013, 12:33 PM
I don't know the point of this thread, and that gif is really annoying mike Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
14-09-2013, 04:14 PM
(13-09-2013 02:13 PM)kim Wrote:  Confused So, the ROTC Strategy and Tactics course I took, was either bogus or they've completely change their categorization of weaponry. It was quite a long time ago... so, things are probably quite different.

Then again, maybe they were just trying to entice me into their fold by insincerely appealing to my sense of ethics. Undecided

However, like I stated before, dead is dead. That part doesn't change. Dodgy

I think you're confusing Weapons of Mass Destruction with Strategic vs Tactical.

But I dunno. Never been in the military. That was just the definition for those devices that I've heard.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
20-09-2013, 12:20 PM (This post was last modified: 20-09-2013 12:49 PM by Filox.)
(12-09-2013 01:25 AM)nach_in Wrote:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orders_of_m...e_(energy)

According to that, 10^3 J is the energy needed to vaporize water, the Tsar bomba released 10^17 J... that's 14 more orders of magnitude.

Fat Man, the one that vaporized Nagasaki had the power of 10^13 J...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
20-09-2013, 12:32 PM
Because there's a real significant difference between dead to the power of 10 and just plain old dead. Dodgy

Sure. I see that. Drinking Beverage strange how men seem all too fascinated with the amount of their spooge.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
20-09-2013, 12:46 PM
Kim, girl, what are you talking about? We were talking physics here and you?

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
20-09-2013, 02:27 PM
(20-09-2013 12:32 PM)kim Wrote:  Because there's a real significant difference between dead to the power of 10 and just plain old dead. Dodgy

Sure. I see that. Drinking Beverage strange how men seem all too fascinated with the amount of their spooge.

That's just a little fatuous.

Answering a question within its context is "lol cocks" now, is it?

... this is my signature!