A complex thought in a silly context: aka Quantum Physics in a Game of Tic Tac Toe

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2011, 09:14 PM
A complex thought in a silly context: aka Quantum Physics in a Game of Tic Tac Toe
So... I'm home visiting my mom, and she's making me watch There and Back Again about people who died, saw a white light, hung out with angels, and were then brought back to life to clutter up my life with their anecdotal, brain damaged stories.

But anyways, this guy is saying that when he was dead, he spent an eternity in what he believed to be hell. Not figuratively, literally an eternity. So I made the joke that if it had literally been eternal, he would not be alive and telling us this story, he would still be in hell.

The point of all this is how can heaven or hell be eternal, aka infinite amount of time, if they are then brought back to life? Wouldn't the afterlife then be relative to our "time" here in the natural realm, since 5 minutes later the dude was brought out of his eternal damnation. And if the afterlife eternity time frame does parallel our own time frame, wouldn't our time have to be infinite in order for the eternal afterlife to exist?

Do you understand the thread title now? It's like complaining that Pauly Shore's t-shirt color didn't match up in a certain scene in In The Army Now... when it's obvious that minor detail is redundant in the sea of terrible plot lines and acting performances.

I'm high.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2011, 12:46 AM

RE: A complex thought in a silly context: aka Quantum Physics in a Game of Tic Tac Toe
basically what youre trying to say is that no matter how little earth time they think it takes to experience an hour in hell it would still take longer than the life of the universe in our time to experience eternity in hell right?

that's actually a good point. there are ways i could argue it, but without pursuing the argument i cant think of how i could refute you properly.

On the other hand its the sort of thing that will certainly go right over any christian i ask it of's head completely
Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2011, 02:33 AM
RE: A complex thought in a silly context: aka Quantum Physics in a Game of Tic Tac Toe
I could almost excuse him if he'd said he'd spent a hundred billion billion years in hell during that five minute period. But to say he spent eternity there (which is like saying an infinite time or like saying all of the time that ever will be plus a day or like saying unending time) is just nonsensical.

I spent eternity in hell
Gee, that's a long time.
You better beileve it, pal.
You must have been relieved when eternity finally came to an end, huh?
I sure was.
But isn't eternity like forever?
It is forever.
Well, it's good to know forever won't last forever.
31-01-2011, 05:44 AM
(30-01-2011 09:14 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  I'm high.

Call me next time too - interesting what complex thoughts arise when you are in that state.

Here's a thought I heard , and is excellent for disproving gods :
"Can god make a rock too heavy for himself ?" Big Grin

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
31-01-2011, 10:58 AM
Quote:"Can god make a rock too heavy for himself ?"
The ultimate atheist's trap. Big Grin If that doesn't make a theist brain tilt then I don't know what will.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
31-01-2011, 11:43 AM

I'm assuming just on herb? Wink

(31-01-2011 05:44 AM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  Here's a thought I heard , and is excellent for disproving gods :
"Can god make a rock too heavy for himself ?" Big Grin

Love it! I'm going to have to use that one.
31-01-2011, 12:34 PM
Are you guys telling me that you are just now hearing the "Can God make a rock so big that even he can't move it?" bumper sticker? The whole "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" query?

Madness.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
31-01-2011, 01:21 PM

I heard one about him making a burrito too hot for himself to eat, but forgot about it a long time ago.

Well, God DOES want us to be stoned, does he not?

Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
31-01-2011, 01:56 PM
Ironically, the question, "Which came first; the chicken or the egg?' actually has an answer, yet some creationists still use it as proof against evolution. Yet the heavy rock quandary they just slough off.

By the way, what is the sound of one hand clapping in a forest if there's nobody there to hear it?
31-01-2011, 02:09 PM
Quote:By the way, what is the sound of one hand clapping in a forest if there's nobody there to hear it?
1. How to clap with just one hand?
2. If there's nobody there, how's the clapper there?
Quote:Which came first; the chicken or the egg?
The egg.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.