A confused Atheist..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-07-2011, 07:34 AM

A confused Atheist..
Hey guys, what up?
I'm an ex Muslim.
I believe that the religion is somewhat in easier terms, evil?

Born a Bosnian, Mom's American and dad's the Euro. They never really raised me to become religious, they let me choose, although when I tell my mum, god's fake, this and that, she's like don't ever say that lmfao.

I'm just confused, I say that I'm an Atheist although I don't know much about Religion in general, I just think god is fake because of a few reasons.

Noah's Arc? 100% pure bullshit.

If god was so great and taught us well, why do we have crimes and people raping other kids? God wants that to not happen, right?

I mean I just don't know anymore, I'm sick and tired of getting called a Muslim although I believe that there is NO god or Islam in general is a joke.
Quote this message in a reply
27-07-2011, 07:50 AM
RE: A confused Atheist..
You haven't exactly chosen the most popular alternative to Islam. On the whole, it may be best to avoid making public declarations or discussions on the subject, unless you enjoy fighting. You can talk about belief and unbelief freely in some places, like this one, but out there is a potential mine-field.

In the private sphere, keep reading, particularly anthropology and comparative religion - it's interesting stuff, as well as useful.
Mothers are funny. Even if they don't really believe, they like to keep a foot in the door, as it were, just in case - and are especially sensitive to environmental dangers for their children. It's a protective instinct. They get a bit nervous when you're too harshly outspoken. Just tone it down a bit - if you want to discuss specific stories, she'll probably go along. At least, my mother did. She was okay with me saying 'agnostic', or that the biblical god seemed a little too much like Abraham, who wasn't all that nice, but she didn't like to hear 'atheist' or 'fake'.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-07-2011, 08:59 AM
Pozdrav tebi Bosanski brate... (Hello my Bosnian brother)

Glad to see you here, this will be a good place for you to find a lot of answers and to learn a lot about religions in general. Interesting fact isn't it, to come to the Atheistic forum to learn about religions? Smile Luckily for you Bosnia is not that hard to be an atheist, nobody will kill you for it, unless you live in some Vehabia village. Just stay with us here for a couple of months, you'll find out more than you imagined.

Greetings from a neighboring Croatia.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
27-07-2011, 09:28 AM
Hello and welcome... please tell us about Bosnian... do you still live there?

“We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.” Orson Welles
28-07-2011, 01:49 PM
welcome

“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?”
29-07-2011, 11:10 AM
(27-07-2011 07:34 AM)AAtheist Wrote:  If god was so great and taught us well, why do we have crimes and people raping other kids? God wants that to not happen, right?
He gave us the power to choose what we do and many people choose to do evil. He could have made a race of robots who would always do what they were programmed to do but he chose not to do this.

The information in ancient libraries came from real minds of real people. The far more complex information in cells came from the far more intelligent mind of God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-07-2011, 12:05 PM
(27-07-2011 09:28 AM)myst32 Wrote:  Hello and welcome... please tell us about Bosnian... do you still live there?

The states name is Bosnia, Bosnian would be a person living in Bosnia.

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
29-07-2011, 12:19 PM
(29-07-2011 12:05 PM)Filox Wrote:  
(27-07-2011 09:28 AM)myst32 Wrote:  Hello and welcome... please tell us about Bosnian... do you still live there?

The states name is Bosnia, Bosnian would be a person living in Bosnia.

Big Grin

hahaha yeah got a bit quick with the copy paste... thanks!! Tongue

“We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.” Orson Welles
29-07-2011, 12:38 PM
Atheism is not a belief. It's basically the denial of the beliefs of others. I was raised Catholic, but never believed it. That didn't make me an atheist; that made me not a Catholic. I also didn't believe in the stories about Jesus in general. That still didn't make me an atheist; that made me not a Christian. As I continued examining my beliefs, I recognized that I didn't actually believe the stories from the Old Testament or the basic monotheistic traditions such as hell, angels, souls, etc. Still, that didn't make me an atheist; that made me not a monotheist. But I also rejected all of the other mythologies be they Dharmic, nativist, Egyptian, Norse or what have you. Still, that didn't make me an atheist (per se); it made me not a theist (which is one definition of atheism, but not the only one - and not the one I currently adopt.) What finally made me an atheist is that I recognized that I also don't see any evidence for the pantheistic model, the deistic model, the neo-pagan model, the naturalist model or any other model.

I accept that we exist in some sense of the word. I accept that we don't have all of the answers as to why we exist. I refuse to glom onto halfassed under-formulated explanations just to have something to believe in about the otherwise unanswered questions - and that includes the best and most reasonable scientific theories. Could it be the many worlds theory is correct? Sure, and it's more likely that than Allah, but that doesn't mean I believe it. My atheism is about both skepticism and incredulity.

So are you an atheist? That depends. What we know is that you're not a Muslim, and you're probably not a monotheist. Maybe you're a deist. Maybe you're a Hermeticist. Maybe you're a Buddhist. I also suspect that you're an agnostic, but hell - who isn't?
29-07-2011, 12:40 PM (This post was last modified: 29-07-2011 12:51 PM by myst32.)
(29-07-2011 11:10 AM)theophilus Wrote:  He gave us the power to choose what we do and many people choose to do evil. He could have made a race of robots who would always do what they were programmed to do but he chose not to do this.

This argument may work for people (I could argue it if you like) but fails when humans are removed from the equation. For example..

1. Stillborn babies
2. Natural Disasters.
3. Birth Defects
4. Diseases
5. Cancer
6. Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)

It appears that God is very good at killing us without any involvement on our part. The only way out of Theodicy is to redefine "evil" as a lesser good. Something i call BS on.

As far as robots go.....

[+] 1 user Likes myst32's post