A confused Atheist..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2011, 09:53 AM
RE: A confused Atheist..
(26-08-2011 04:21 AM)Filox Wrote:  Lady Zaika, you clearly have enough good things to say, so please, don't just lurk around, tell us what you think, don't be afraid, this is not the place for anyone to hide, this is the place for all of us to talk, discuss and argue about the meaning of life... Your experience and your way from extra-Christian to atheist is pretty awesome and inspiring, I'm sure you could squeeze out more of these pearls if you remain active in discussions.

Thank you Filox! A lot of my hesitation comes from not having fully embraced atheism quite yet. It's only been months since I've started wondering if that's who I really am. So...thank you for your encouragement. Smile

We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers.

- Carl Sagan
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-08-2011, 01:08 AM
RE: A confused Atheist..
(26-08-2011 09:53 AM)zaika Wrote:  
(26-08-2011 04:21 AM)Filox Wrote:  Lady Zaika, you clearly have enough good things to say, so please, don't just lurk around, tell us what you think, don't be afraid, this is not the place for anyone to hide, this is the place for all of us to talk, discuss and argue about the meaning of life... Your experience and your way from extra-Christian to atheist is pretty awesome and inspiring, I'm sure you could squeeze out more of these pearls if you remain active in discussions.

Thank you Filox! A lot of my hesitation comes from not having fully embraced atheism quite yet. It's only been months since I've started wondering if that's who I really am. So...thank you for your encouragement. Smile

It is understandable that after all those years of Christianity and appeasing Jesus that atheism should seem a bit strange to you.
I note that you hold in awe the universe and complexity of the material world.
In terms of infinity many things are possible and there are, in my view, some atheists who take their views too militantly.
Personally I have found Judaeo/ Christianity very unappealing for many years,but this does not mean that I do not have any Christian friends. Conversely I have met a few very unpleasant and dogmatic atheists.
Don't let your awe of the Universe become too materialistic. There is still beauty in the mysterious, poetry, emotion, creativity etc. Good luck in your pursuits. Shy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply