A consideration of faith

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-01-2015, 02:38 PM
A consideration of faith
i do not share your atheistic definition of faith.

It goes like this: I remember standing before the creator of the universe and accepting the title of prophet, however, such is not the origin of my faith, but rather when some random motherfucker sticking a gun in my face and insisting I surrender a "product of my Gwynnies."

Thus, faith is a derivative of the evolutionary drive of "simulation of future" and part of the human condition. Motherfuckers declaring Hebrews 1:11 are missing the point, as far as I'm concerned.

I guess my point here is do not get in my face and question my faith.

K?

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
26-01-2015, 03:22 PM
RE: A consideration of faith
(26-01-2015 02:38 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  i do not share your atheistic definition of faith.

It goes like this: I remember standing before the creator of the universe and accepting the title of prophet, however, such is not the origin of my faith, but rather when some random motherfucker sticking a gun in my face and insisting I surrender a "product of my Gwynnies."

Thus, faith is a derivative of the evolutionary drive of "simulation of future" and part of the human condition. Motherfuckers declaring Hebrews 1:11 are missing the point, as far as I'm concerned.

K?

I don't question anyone's faith, just their claims. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
26-01-2015, 03:26 PM
(26-01-2015 03:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-01-2015 02:38 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  i do not share your atheistic definition of faith.

K?

I don't question anyone's faith, just their claims. Drinking Beverage

What if I claim that any axiomatic system is a matter of faith?

[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
26-01-2015, 03:27 PM
(26-01-2015 03:26 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(26-01-2015 03:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  I don't question anyone's faith, just their claims. Drinking Beverage

I'd have faith that you know whereof you speak.

But it's true only when one has faith in the axioms.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
26-01-2015, 05:08 PM

K?

And now we know the history behind Cantor's "What's the frequency, Kenneth?" moment on the road to Barstow. Big Grin

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
26-01-2015, 06:18 PM
(26-01-2015 03:26 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(26-01-2015 03:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  I don't question anyone's faith, just their claims. Drinking Beverage

What if I told you mental masturbation will never replace lab testing, control groups, falsification and independent peer review?

That and no one deserves a pedestal even if they have the right to make any claim they want. That includes ridicule and blasphemy of their claims and or their faith.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
26-01-2015, 06:34 PM

K?

I don't question your reliance on faith, but on the reliability of faith to provide evidence for anything.

If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities.--Voltaire.

"To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." --Thomas Paine.
26-01-2015, 06:36 PM (This post was last modified: 26-01-2015 07:11 PM by Bucky Ball.)

K?

Well, prophets gotta prophesy. Rolleyes
As long as I can see faith is *informed* by Reality, not gonna get in anybody's face, about how they talk.

Me. I'm in the Cloud of Unknowing, informed by living well. Don't gotta spend 70 fuckin' years in some monastery to figgure that one out.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
26-01-2015, 06:51 PM
(26-01-2015 06:36 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Me. I'm the the Cloud of Unknowing, ...

#sigh
26-01-2015, 06:55 PM
(26-01-2015 06:34 PM)666wannabe Wrote:  

K?

I don't question your reliance on faith, but on the reliability of faith to provide evidence for anything.

I define faith as moral certainty; in a casual, entropic universe, the only certainty a man is allowed. Those that consider their faith to be evidence for something else delude both themselves and their prospective audience.

In consideration of things that, in no uncertain terms do not exist, it is the future rather than God at the top of the charts. It is no error to have faith that who I am now is who I shall be tomorrow.