A couple of chapters in Qur'an . Ask any question about İslam .

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
26-05-2011, 02:39 AM

A couple of chapters in Qur'an . Ask any question about İslam .
Hi. i am a ex-muslim and a islam master. but i am an atheist and an enemy of religions for 2 years. if you have any question about islam or islamic countries(my country turkey is secular but i also know about islamic countries) ask them. but with usual words. my english is not that wellSmile its my pleasure to answer.

and i prepared just a part about islam. qur'an is generally full of this stuff.

This is coming for people who accepts a religion not islam.

5-51:O ye who believe! take NOT the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily Allah guideth not a people UNJUST.

2-193: And FİGHT them on until there is no more persecution or oppression, and the religion becomes Allah's.(islam)

9-29:FİGHT those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the RELİGİON OF TRUTH(islam), from among the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

3-85: If anyone desires a religion other than Islám (submission to Allah), NEVER will it be ACCEPTED of him; and in the Hereafter He will be in the ranks of those who have LOST.
5-33 :The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter;
(what a violence)

This is coming to us Big Grin

As to those who reject Faith, and die rejecting,- never would be accepted from any such as much gold as the earth contains, though they should offer it for ransom. For such is (in store) a penalty grievous, and they will find no helpers.

4-56:. Those who reject our Signs, We shall soon cast into the Fire: As often as their skins are roasted through, We shall change them for fresh skins, that they may taste the penalty: for Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise.

This is for women

2-228:........ but men have a degree (of advantage) over women.

4-34 : . Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them , REFUSE to share their beds, BEAT them ; but if they return to OBEDİENCE, seek not against them means (of annoyance): For Allah is Most High, Great (above you all).

2-223 : Your wives are as a TİLTH unto you; so approach your tilth when or how ye will; but do some good act for your souls beforehand; and fear Allah. And know that ye are to meet Him (in the Hereafter), and give (these) good tidings to those who believe.

4-11 : Allah (thus) directs you as regards your children's (inheritance): to the male, ONE portion equal to that of TWO females.

2-282: 282. O ye who believe! When ye deal with each other, in transactions involving future obligations in a fixed period of time, reduce them to writing. Let a scribe write down faithfully as between the parties: let not the scribe refuse to write: as Allah Has taught him, so let him write. Let him who incurs the liability dictate, but let him fear His Lord Allah, and not diminish aught of what he owes. If the party liable is mentally deficient, or weak, or unable himself to dictate, let his guardian dictate faithfully. And get two witnesses, out of your own men, and if there are not two men, then ONE man and TWO women, such as ye choose, for witnesses, so that if one of them errs, the other can remind her. The witnesses should not refuse when they are called on (for evidence). Disdain not to reduce to writing (your contract) for a future period, whether it be small or big; it is juster in the sight of Allah, more suitable as evidence, and more convenient to prevent doubts among yourselves but if it be a transaction which ye carry out on the spot among yourselves, there is no blame on you if ye reduce it not to writing. But take witness whenever ye make a commercial contract; and let neither scribe nor witness suffer harm. If ye do (such harm), it would be wickedness in you. So fear Allah. For it is Allah that teaches you. And Allah is well acquainted with all things.

(in islam allways a man equals two women. AND İF YOU READ THİS AND TRY THİS YOU WİLL SEE : THERE İS MATH MİSTAKE !!!)

also in islam men can ''have'' wifes up to 4.

and this is what muhammed think about women.(i couldnt find it in english so i will translate wit a couple word.)

Kadın sekiz sıfatlıdır(8 adjectives of women)
1 Giyim kuşam hevesinden maymun.(monkey:because of desire!!!)
2 Fakir düşmeye razı olmadığından köpek.(dog! because they dont wanna be poor)(ridicilous)
3 Kocasına ve diğer insanlara kibrinden yılan.(snake: because of arrogance)
4 Gece gündüz koğuculuk yaptığından akrep.(scorpion (wtf?))
5 Evden eşya sattığından fare.(mouse : because they sells the things belong to home)
6 Erkeklere hile kurduğundan tilki.(vixen: because they are trickers)
7 Kocasına itaat ettiğinden dolayı koyundur.(sheep: because they obidience)
8 Kadınlar uğursuz birer mirastır.(evil,inauspicious)

i know these things are stupid but this is JUST A PART of islam.

and this video is kinda a summary about why muslims fear god than others do. : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUcQCOlx1rE.

i hope this things inform you Smile
Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2011, 03:57 AM
RE: A couple of chapters in Qur'an . Ask any question about İslam .
You should do an intro to Islam , its history , practices and laws ... like BuddyChrist did with Judaism.
I want to learn more so I can properly debate people.

My biggest question is how did radical islam spread ?
During the European dark ages most knowledge in the world from mathematics to astronomy and medicine was held by muslim countries - when and why did the fall occur ?

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2011, 05:06 AM

(26-05-2011 03:57 AM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  You should do an intro to Islam , its history , practices and laws ... like BuddyChrist did with Judaism.
I want to learn more so I can properly debate people.

My biggest question is how did radical islam spread ?
During the European dark ages most knowledge in the world from mathematics to astronomy and medicine was held by muslim countries - when and why did the fall occur ?

europe got secular but islam world didn't.this is simple.europe got rid of the idiot churchs pressure.this is clear and pretty obvious.

and i see this: you think there is such a thing as 'radical islam'. radical islam or islamic fundamentalism dont exist. the situtation you see (beating womens, islamic terorism,al-qaida) is REAL islam . like this:
http://patdollard.com/wp-content/uploads...uslim2.jpg
http://uccfinland.files.wordpress.com/20...mander.jpg
http://uccfinland.files.wordpress.com/20...mander.jpg
http://sheikyermami.com/wp-content/uploa...d-1-04.jpg
http://www.deviantart.com/download/18715...by_LSQ.jpg

this is called : jihad. the most important thing in islam. dying for jihad is the highest degree that a muslim can acheive. you can see it in quran and hadis (a book.its writing the advices of muhammed)for many many times. thats why they are militans.

and lets look at secular muslim countries like bosnia or turkey. women and men are equal. people are all equal doesnt matter their religion or nation. everybody can wear whatever he/she wants. with any reason, killing someone is forbidden. as you see these is modern and its against the islam.so turkey or bosnia is not living islam.islam is iran islam is saudi arabia.i can say the person who thinks women and men are equal,or who thinks ''christians are good lets be friends with them'' cant be muslim. i am pretty sure islam is the worst religion ever.
finally:
''islam might be ok , but not radical islam''---> wrong! the thing you call radical islam is real islam.
''islam is a big problem. we should kick every religions asses. but islam first. because it doesnt let people live who isnt muslim live.---> correct

if i did grammar mistakes , i am sorry.
26-05-2011, 05:18 AM
Well , what about the Shia, Sunni or Sufi (I hope I spelled ok) - what are the differences between these denominations of Islam and why do they hate each other ?
Also, isn't there a verse in the Koran where the most holy Jihad is with one's own self or something.
I did rent an apartment from an elderly muslim couple once , the only rule ? Don't cook pork in our pots/pans. The old man even had a beer with my dad. I think there are moderate muslims out there but yes if the book is to be interpreted word for word muslim/christian countries would be a horrible place to live.
I'm thankful most religious people don't take their faith literally - sadly , many do , in all faiths.
And if I'm not mistaken The Bible justifies slavery in both the new&old testament.

And I'm curios how much influence do religious leaders have on the muslim community ? Wasn't there a time all a muslim needed was a koran and that's it. When did the religious clergy come to power and begin influencing (in a very negative way) the islamic community ?

The religion I'm most scared of in the western world is Scientology for its sociopath behavior.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
26-05-2011, 06:06 AM

Information RE: A couple of chapters in Qur'an . Ask any question about İslam .
first: they have different beliefs(for example shia beileves in reincarnation) . but most important think is they think theirs is the 'one'. the only truth. just like what they think about islam. so they think nothing can continue but the only one 'truth'. when a muslim thinks he/she has the only truth, he/she becomes dangerous. thats why they hate each other. because they think 'others' are beileving in a 'lie'.and they think is unacceptable.

i read the second sentence . i know the meanings of all the words there but i am sorry i cant understand what that sentence says.

that is the thing. islam doesnt call that guy 'muslim'. you cant be a hard or moderate muslim. if you read quran just for one time you will see : you cant ignore ANY word. it means going hell. allah(!) says so. so you have to take it and put every bit of it in practice. thats why there is no degree of being muslim ,buddy.

i hope i understood right. you are saying bible approves slavery right ? so quran does. it also encourage people to do that.

muslim countries have never got rid of religion. it never was so. i am gonna say the same example: turkey and bosnia are the most modern muslim countries. but even in them people arent free. people cant say their thoughts. there was a chance. mustafa kemal atatürk-founder of turkish republic- was a religion hater. he was planning to send islam away from here. but he couldnt. he died.that was about 80 years ago. and now..i have hope again. almost everone has internet and almost everyone meet by chance atheist sites or facebook groups.. unless their brains were washed,they start to distrust(or doubt i am not sure about the word). and step by step , they become an atheist. i beileve turkey is gonna get rid of islam one day.

and your concern.. yes you are right. church allways hindranced(i am not sure about this word either) science. everybody knows that. but its over. they are not gonna hurt science anymore. because europe is secular now ! but i am not sure about america. america is the capital of science but only % 40 of population accepts evolution , its fatal and desperate. i cant beileve.
26-05-2011, 12:31 PM

I'm an ex-muslim as well. You might be interested in this thread :
http://thethinkingatheist.com/forum/Thre...-the-Quran

probablynogod Wrote:(in islam allways a man equals two women. AND İF YOU READ THİS AND TRY THİS YOU WİLL SEE : THERE İS MATH MİSTAKE !!!)

also in islam men can ''have'' wifes up to 4.
The verse which referrers to polygamy is the following: http://www.islamawakened.com/quran/4/3/default.htm
The think about Islam is that the Qur'an is very vague and this is the 'supposed' beauty of the Qur'an.
I remember being in an Islamic discussion where another fellow Muslim in doubt of religion asks if the Qur'an is the words of God, why is it vague - shouldn't the word of God be absolute. The believer's cleverly answer, it is because God wants us to think - get our brain working. The stupid thing is that if they want as to think, why have such a thing as the Qur'an in the first place...

Anyway the verse on polygamy is one of those 'vague' verses. One can interpret it as "one can have 4 wives at a time", another interpretation is that "since it is impossible to treat 4 wives equally, one may only have 1 wife at a time." But most Muslims use the first interpretation.
27-05-2011, 12:59 AM

yes you are right. its vague. and full of contradictions. and how come a wise can burn you just for not believing in him ! yeah thats right. it writes in the quran . it doesnt matter if you are a good person or not.. BURN ! ridicilous
13-07-2011, 06:47 AM

Muslims to marry four women and a controversial issue. In ancient times, this is a normal situation. Today, met this bad. They are trying to do this time for the Muslims Koran. The reason for the lack of Muslims. Koran centuries to fit the times to lose time and energy to work.
13-07-2011, 07:22 AM (This post was last modified: 13-07-2011 07:25 AM by Lilith Pride.)
Many countries have polygamy practices, that's not exactly something horrible, though the west seems to think so. It can be done very wrong, but it can also be done well. Monogamy is really no better. Some countries indeed just consider them choices, like Tibet.

by radical Galgamesh is discussing fundamental (by the book). The idea being that nowadays many people are less literal and more secular. Yes islam has many fundamental countries, but there are plenty of muslims outside of the fundamentalism. What though, makes you feel that islam is exceptionally worse than African countries that follow christianity? All the abrahamic books are pretty similar, so when practiced harshly they all lead to about the same results. To believe that when a girl starts bleeding she has become cursed, and must be isolated until they can find her a husband who will dispel the curse is pretty insane. Both kill gay people and the like. Both have a habit of beating and sometimes killing children. I guess the better thing about the African nations is that they accept that not all people are christian and only attempt to show them the light rather than kill them until they agree. Unless you're an atheist, everyone wants those people dead.

At what age do girls accept the faith and begin living their lives in worship? Most of the muslim children I meet are dressed the same as the other Americans. I forgot this part...

On the topic of muslim families I know there's this one family that lives where I work, and one time while painting their hallway she opened her door (apartment) to talk with the kids while wearing some lingerie. She (the mother about 27) was really hot and I actually kind of thought the guy was glad she hides that normally cause she would be chased by everyone =p I'm not sure how strict that family follows tradition, she is usually in the full garb. If they do follow pretty strictly it's a good thing I'm a woman or that would've been trouble.

Speaking of that family, one of their young girls about 4 years old came up to me while I was painting and pulled at my panties (I was kneeling to paint a crease). The mother and grandmother were watching and laughed when this happened. I was really surprised that they were laughing at the child's action, and also wondered if I had been offending them due to my posture (how I stood). so this is another question.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
13-07-2011, 08:13 AM

The problem here is not polygamy. People are free to do want. Polygamy is better for mixing of genes in evolutionary terms. (This is a different discussion topics.)

Here, the problem of Muslim women have been brainwashed. Then the use of the woman. Muslims, four-woman marriage, governments want to finance. Secular citizens inconsumable such taxes.

If i did, grammar mistakes, i am sorry.