A defense of Nontheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2011, 10:16 AM
A defense of Nontheism
Appreciate the folks who are taking the time to read my "rants" as I call them. This latest one is really a defense against the American Taliban Smile

http://centersolid.blogspot.com/2011/02/...tings.html

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2011, 02:22 AM
RE: A defense of Nontheism
You just scared the hell out of me. Where is sanity?

Beam me up Scotty, there is some intellegent life down here, but it is in great danger. It is like all the rest of the planets with higher life forms, that we've seen. Religions destroy them before they can accomplish inter-planetary travel.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
Find all posts by this user
15-02-2011, 04:37 AM
(15-02-2011 02:22 AM)No J. Wrote:  You just scared the hell out of me. Where is sanity?

It actually scared me a bit while I was writing it Sad

Especially when I get a response on Facebook that says:

‎"We are never defeated unless we give up on God."
Ronald Reagan

Just highlights where people are in terms of respecting heretics...

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
16-02-2011, 01:30 AM
I guess that Islam will never be defeated unless the give up on Allah.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
16-02-2011, 03:06 AM
(16-02-2011 01:30 AM)No J. Wrote:  I guess that Islam will never be defeated unless the give up on Allah.

Scary. Excellent piece Seasbury

The Beauty of The Scientific Method , is the Anticipation of a Better Explanation.
16-02-2011, 04:54 AM
Great rant - but sad at the same time what people think about the world around them.

Quote:I guess that Islam will never be defeated unless the give up on Allah.
This only holds true for religious fanatics who resort to violence. And personally I'd rather see them become reformed rather than dragged into a "holy war" where their only option is death.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
16-02-2011, 06:06 AM
Thanks for the reads and the comments - this Blog has become my outlet and allows me to retain a semblance of sanity Wink

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
16-02-2011, 01:03 PM
Wonderful statements Seasbury, sorry I didn't respond earlier but I was off fighting for the LGBT stuff because for some of us we are the current target. There's always going to be something to hate because it's human to hate. Big thing is, when most things to hate are protected all the sudden too many people turn their eyes to the same thing.

Too many Christians seem to forget that rather than personally denounce Christian officials who use the bible in their defence, they should be actively disproving bigots and removing them from their safety net. What false idol is worse than the one who says he's with you?

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
16-02-2011, 01:11 PM
(16-02-2011 01:03 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Wonderful statements Seasbury, sorry I didn't respond earlier but I was off fighting for the LGBT stuff because for some of us we are the current target. There's always going to be something to hate because it's human to hate. Big thing is, when most things to hate are protected all the sudden too many people turn their eyes to the same thing.

Too many Christians seem to forget that rather than personally denounce Christian officials who use the bible in their defence, they should be actively disproving bigots and removing them from their safety net. What false idol is worse than the one who says he's with you?

Thanks Lilith - You should like my latest on the new thread Smile

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog