A den of Baptists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2014, 01:00 PM
RE: A den of Baptists
This has become my favorite thread. Thank you Robby you never fail to make my day Big Grin
Chucklefuck Jr. Laughat

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2014, 01:16 PM
Shouldn't that be a pool of Baptists? Consider

Or maybe a sprinkling of Baptists?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
10-07-2014, 01:19 PM
A font of baptists...
[+] 2 users Like CiderThinker's post
10-07-2014, 01:56 PM
An insipid of baptists.
A vapid of baptists.
A moron of baptists.
A braindeath of baptists.
An idiot of baptists.

Or for those with lighter sensibilities:
A twit of baptists.
A nitwit of baptists.
A ninny of baptists.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
10-07-2014, 03:45 PM
(07-07-2014 07:58 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I'm not sure the proper name of a group of Baptists, so I used den. Maybe flock? Gaggle? Unkindness? Yeah, definitely unkindness.

A fundie of Baptists ?
A blindness of Baptists ?
A drowning of Baptists ?
A wetness of Baptists ?
An irritation of Baptists ?
A annoyance of Baptists ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
10-07-2014, 03:55 PM
A Turkish Bathouse of Baptists

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
07-11-2014, 07:10 AM
I woke up this morning and found out that I was re-added back into the group. I had considered removing myself, but I figured I'd give it another go, for the helluvit.

On my first comment, I've already been accused of calling God a liar (for saying that I didn't believe the "days" in the first Genesis creation story were 24 hours). I may have to run a "best of" commentary here. I might find it therapeutic.

Prediction: People will start telling me that I wasn't "truly" saved, promptly stop listening to what I'm saying, and start talking at me.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
07-11-2014, 07:59 AM
Talking religion (and the lack thereof) is quite tricky with family and friends. Yes I am Captain Obvious!! It is easy to do here because for the most part few if any of us on this board have friendships outside of the forum. Disagreements and conflicts go away the moment we step away from the keyboard.

Once, however, you mix this topic with friends and some people you don't know as true friends I think it becomes a lose lose scenario. Those that don't know you other than through FB can fling shit at you with very little risk. I'd just walk away from the group. The playing field isn't level from what you describe.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
07-11-2014, 08:32 AM
Let's go with a cyclone of baptists

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
07-11-2014, 01:24 PM
(07-11-2014 07:59 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Talking religion (and the lack thereof) is quite tricky with family and friends. Yes I am Captain Obvious!! It is easy to do here because for the most part few if any of us on this board have friendships outside of the forum. Disagreements and conflicts go away the moment we step away from the keyboard.

Once, however, you mix this topic with friends and some people you don't know as true friends I think it becomes a lose lose scenario. Those that don't know you other than through FB can fling shit at you with very little risk. I'd just walk away from the group. The playing field isn't level from what you describe.

I'm actually friends with very few people there, and I'm more polite there than here. Still, I've discovered that posts I make to the public group will randomly show up in my friend's news feeds, even though they aren't part of the group.

I don't say anything that'd get me in trouble, but now more of my family members know I'm atheist. [Image: awesome-lg_zpsa8897ee6.png]