A different mythology?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2012, 01:53 PM
RE: A different mythology?
Living in a big city with typical light pollution, I never get to see the Milky Way except on the rare occasions I'm in the country or the desert and it's a clear night. I wonder how many people on the planet have never seen it and don't even know it exists.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cufflink's post
03-12-2012, 02:15 PM
RE: A different mythology?
(03-12-2012 01:53 PM)cufflink Wrote:  Living in a big city with typical light pollution, I never get to see the Milky Way except on the rare occasions I'm in the country or the desert and it's a clear night. I wonder how many people on the planet have never seen it and don't even know it exists.

That thought makes me weep. Weeping Seriously.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-12-2012, 02:34 PM
A different mythology?
(03-12-2012 01:53 PM)cufflink Wrote:  Living in a big city with typical light pollution, I never get to see the Milky Way except on the rare occasions I'm in the country or the desert and it's a clear night. I wonder how many people on the planet have never seen it and don't even know it exists.

I was in my late teens before I could confidently say I knew what it was. I always thought it was just some sort of hazy optical illusion or more likely clouds.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mythology and Religion the same? matt1447 3 1,819 12-11-2010 06:32 PM
Last Post: matt1447