A different take on - "What if you're wrong"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-05-2015, 08:01 PM
RE: A different take on - "What if you're wrong"
You wish to assert character not based on their actions but based on how you wish them to be.

Do you think psychopath or sociopath is a good descriptor for someone who can't make a moral distinction between right or wrong ?

You assign your god as having good moral character regardless of the actions. Assigning character in this way is meaningless.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-05-2015, 08:10 PM
Ok. In the old testament, we see two sides of yahweh. The first is that he is jealous, violent, vicious, orders mass genocides, requires blood sacrifices, and even selects one group of people to be his own. He gives the gift of free will to adam and eve but doesn't allow them to use it. The tree of knowledge serves as a catalyst for choice making and they made their choice to not listen. They were only told that they would die, but they were never told whether the choice was morally right or morally wrong. Sin in biblical terms is defined as any action that is not in accordance to the will of yahweh. So if adam and eve committed the first sin, then it wasnt evil or wicked. Because they were not told whether it was right or wrong. If you had a child and you told them not to put their hand on a stove or they would burn it, do you punish them for not listening? Or do you let them learn from that experience so they wont do it again? Because the action is neither right nor wrong. Same casw scenario in the garden of eden. Also why did cain kill abel? Jealousy. How do we know? Because yahweh accepted the offering of abel over cain's offering. Where did that jealousy originate from? Because it wasn't from just one time that he got jealous that he killed his brother. The jealousy built up to that point. Dont believe me? Do a social study on it. But anyway, yahweh says himself in the 1st commandment that he is a jealous god and there are no other gods besides him. So he admits that he is the author and source of jealousy since he is jealous and was here first right? So he is also the author and source of hate, wrath, violence, envy, confusion, and so forth and so forth.
20-05-2015, 08:14 PM
Also, if god is a jealous god and there are no others but him, of whom would he need to be jealous of?
20-05-2015, 08:17 PM
(20-05-2015 08:10 PM)pantywetta95 Wrote:  Ok. In the old testament, we see two sides of yahweh. The first is that he is jealous, violent, vicious, orders mass genocides, requires blood sacrifices, and even selects one group of people to be his own. He gives the gift of free will to adam and eve but doesn't allow them to use it. The tree of knowledge serves as a catalyst for choice making and they made their choice to not listen. They were only told that they would die, but they were never told whether the choice was morally right or morally wrong. Sin in biblical terms is defined as any action that is not in accordance to the will of yahweh. So if adam and eve committed the first sin, then it wasnt evil or wicked. Because they were not told whether it was right or wrong. If you had a child and you told them not to put their hand on a stove or they would burn it, do you punish them for not listening? Or do you let them learn from that experience so they wont do it again? Because the action is neither right nor wrong. Same casw scenario in the garden of eden. Also why did cain kill abel? Jealousy. How do we know? Because yahweh accepted the offering of abel over cain's offering. Where did that jealousy originate from? Because it wasn't from just one time that he got jealous that he killed his brother. The jealousy built up to that point. Dont believe me? Do a social study on it. But anyway, yahweh says himself in the 1st commandment that he is a jealous god and there are no other gods besides him. So he admits that he is the author and source of jealousy since he is jealous and was here first right? So he is also the author and source of hate, wrath, violence, envy, confusion, and so forth and so forth.

Ok, but how is this proof of anything?
20-05-2015, 08:42 PM
You arent seeing the point. There is a system here. A being wants to be god and control everything. How does he do it? He implements a system of fear using a reward and punishment system i.e. hell, and then getting people to raise their children in this system. Think about it. If im lying then try to correct me. If you take away the ideas of heaven and hell, would people still believe? If people didnt grow up into a religion, would they believe it to be wholeheartedly true? Im proving that religion is false. Im proving that it is a viral system of control. It is self evident. You can only prove that god isnt real by exposing the system of religion. Thats all im saying
20-05-2015, 08:43 PM
You cant go by just what science proves. You want to prove that something doesnt exist? You go to the source and expose the lies and the true intent behind it to reveal that god doesnt exist
20-05-2015, 08:45 PM
Now how do you get people to believe that? You cant. They have to be willing to accept something that goes against what they believe and you can honestly agree that as human beings, only a small percentage of people can actually do that. Im not an atheist for no reason. I didnt just wake up one morning and said god doesnt exist. I had to prove it. I had to expose his book and his so called words for the lies that they were and use common sense and logic to know that its all manmade for control
21-05-2015, 06:29 AM
(20-05-2015 08:01 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  You wish to assert character not based on their actions but based on how you wish them to be.

No, when someone says something about a person's character like they are loyal, or loving, kind, good, or if I were to say my mother is a good person, I'm not asserting a wish, I am saying something about who she is.

Quote:Do you think psychopath or sociopath is a good descriptor for someone who can't make a moral distinction between right or wrong ?

No, I don't. Even using your standard of right and wrong. Is a psychopath or a sociopath oblivious to the fact that he's hurting someone? That he's taking someone life? No he's not. They can discern that they are doing harm, but they do harm regardless. You think that knowing what's right and wrong, equates to doing what is right. Which is not the case.

Quote:You assign your god as having good moral character regardless of the actions. Assigning character in this way is meaningless.

So in your view it doesn't matter why someone does anything, all that matters is the consequences? A God who does good, is one that maximizes human well being, would be one who created a world and a humanity that knows no pain, or tragedy, or death, or longing, but one that is in constant state of happiness and good health?
21-05-2015, 06:37 AM
(20-05-2015 02:57 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(20-05-2015 02:04 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  After all, what if you're wrong ?

What would a good God look like?

[Image: UzHLxKg.jpg]

I really tried to resist. Really. Angel

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like houseofcantor's post
21-05-2015, 06:53 AM
You can say lots of things about a person's character but you are saying them based on the actions they have taken or not taken. Your mother is kind because she has committed kind actions.

What virtues do you assign to genocide , slavery, torture, mutilation, starvation , the list goes on and on ?

If you are able to tell the difference between a good god and an evil god, then wouldn't it say something about your character if you worshipped one or the other ?

So I ask again, "What if your wrong about the god you worship ?"

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post