A different way of confronting creationists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2011, 05:33 PM
RE: A different way of confronting creationists
I think the Flying Spaghetti Monster argument is ok , but it shouldn't be used whe debating science.We have reality and evidence on our side.

All bow down to the one and true ... Zalmoxis !!!

Also , in regards to evolution - here's a funny : we have a crocduck
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anatosuchus
The universe likes us Big Grin

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2011, 05:42 PM

(28-02-2011 10:57 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  While making false religions is sometimes entertaining it's really a bad idea to state we can't give you answers so we'll make some up as well. Yes Christians tend to call other religious arguments silly, even if you use one from an opposing sect of Christianity. But they never get the point of the argument. They always just completely invalidate any arguments brought up on opposing religious views. You have to accept at times that a creationist tackles condemning evolution the way a four year old tackles the meaning of life. Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Your stupid. An argument that has never failed because after enough why's the person gets completely fed up with the conversation.

I'm not talking about using just any made up answer (ie: aliens did it), but answers framed in such a way that they illustrate the absurdity of the creationist arguments, and which are obviously spoken in that vein.

But you aren't necessarily trying to convince the person you are debating with. A formal debate for example is for the benefit of the listening audience, not your opponent.
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2011, 05:19 AM
(01-03-2011 05:33 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  I think the Flying Spaghetti Monster argument is ok , but it shouldn't be used whe debating science.We have reality and evidence on our side.

All bow down to the one and true ... Zalmoxis !!!

Also , in regards to evolution - here's a funny : we have a crocduck
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anatosuchus
The universe likes us Big Grin

LOL!!!

This post made my day. Tongue

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-03-2011, 01:25 PM
I once told my mother than there is no way I could go to hell because I talked to Abraham Lincoln in a dream and he said that they don't want anyone in hell who doesn't have a foreskin, and she definitely would go to hell for cutting mine off.

She didn't go completely berserk like when I disprove something she says with science, but she did keep the argument going for a few days.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
02-03-2011, 03:52 PM
I often find that creationists are not on a high enough intellectual level for me to really debate with. Also, an apology to the mentally handicapped, but I believe my attachment perfectly illustrates it.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Something something something Dark Side
Something something something complete
02-03-2011, 10:17 PM
(01-03-2011 04:31 PM)MasterRottweiler Wrote:  I am a proud follower of Inglip. Big Grin

All hail the great lord Inglip!!

This made me snicker. Big Grin

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink