A dilemma: How an American could be a real atheist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-08-2016, 06:22 AM
RE: A dilemma: How an American could be a real atheist?
(01-08-2016 05:21 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(01-08-2016 04:19 AM)KerimF Wrote:  Since very long, the powerful/rich American families, ruling USA, decided to have God (likely the Jewish one) as their main partner.

Till our days, the USA system confirms this truth by printing always on all USA green banknotes (USA dollars) the famous statement “In God We Trust”.

I understand that a theist American (even if not a Jew) can trust both; his American rulers and their great partner, the Jewish God.

I also understand that a non-American person could be an atheist since his system likely doesn’t take a god as a trusted partner.

But, how could an American trust his ruling System whose trusted partner doesn’t exist for him in the first place?!

So let us hear the possible comments that may solve this dilemma Wink

Thank you.

Kerim

Some of the founding fathers were agnostic and deists, they were not exclusively Christian.

The constitution is a secular document, not a religious one, otherwise it would have only extended it's protections to certain religions.

Yes, the American constitution is a secular document but backed up by billions of dollars that don't look secular at all Big Grin

If on these dollars... God will cease to exist... I am afraid that USA, as it is now, won't exist as well Tongue

Facts that don't need evidences:
Sheep for milk live in peace because it is the will of their rich owners.
Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
Whoever has ears will hear.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2016, 06:30 AM
(01-08-2016 05:40 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(01-08-2016 04:19 AM)KerimF Wrote:  Since very long, the powerful/rich American families, ruling USA, decided to have God (likely the Jewish one) as their main partner.

Not sure what you mean. There is a wealthy class of "old-money" type families. The wealthy generally have more influence, but to say that there is a ruling group seems like a conspiracy theory. In any event, the majority of the people in the US have long claimed Christianity as their religion.

(01-08-2016 04:19 AM)KerimF Wrote:  Till our days, the USA system confirms this truth by printing always on all USA green banknotes (USA dollars) the famous statement “In God We Trust”.

Nope. In the early days of the country, some money was printed with the motto "Mind Your Business". Pretty early on, the US settled on the Latin phrase "E Pluribus Unum" to signify the unification of the colonies into a country.

The motto "In God We Trust" appeared in the mid-1950's. It was a response to the anti-communist fears of the era. It was all propaganda to give the people an enemy to fear. The "godless communists" were going to take over the world...

Every government needs a bogeyman to hold the peoples' attention. If one does not exist, one can easily be created.

(01-08-2016 04:19 AM)KerimF Wrote:  I understand that a theist American (even if not a Jew) can trust both; his American rulers and their great partner, the Jewish God.

Actually, no. The various religious sects have abused and mistreated each other since they arrived on the continent.

(01-08-2016 04:19 AM)KerimF Wrote:  I also understand that a non-American person could be an atheist since his system likely doesn’t take a god as a trusted partner.

If you're referring to people in other countries, I cannot speak for them.

(01-08-2016 04:19 AM)KerimF Wrote:  But, how could an American trust his ruling System whose trusted partner doesn’t exist for him in the first place?!

Separation of Church and State. The US Constitution forbids the government, on all levels (local, state, federal) from passing any law that is biased for or against a religion or religious group.

(01-08-2016 04:19 AM)KerimF Wrote:  So let us hear the possible comments that may solve this dilemma Wink

The only dilemma is when misguided politicians sneak in unconstitutional laws. These usually get challenged and lose in court. Sometimes it takes a while, but the mechanisms are in place.

Thank you for your valuable information; mainly... { The motto "In God We Trust" appeared in the mid-1950's. }

I wonder how the dollar looked like, between WW1 and WW2 in the least.

Kerim

Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
01-08-2016, 06:32 AM
(01-08-2016 06:11 AM)KerimF Wrote:  I expect that an atheist (American or not) likely ignores the "In god we trust" printed on money as long it is his money and valid to buy things with it Wink
But if he will get someday some dollars on which this great statement is removed, he will surely refuse them as being not blessed by God... that doesn't exist Big Grin

Well the phrase only appeared on banknotes in 1957. Presumably everyone was quite happy with using dollar bills over the previous 150-odd years.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 1 user Likes Silly Deity's post
01-08-2016, 06:34 AM

Till our days, the USA system confirms this truth by printing always on all USA green banknotes (USA dollars) the famous statement “In God We Trust”.

I understand that a theist American (even if not a Jew) can trust both; his American rulers and their great partner, the Jewish God.

I also understand that a non-American person could be an atheist since his system likely doesn’t take a god as a trusted partner.

But, how could an American trust his ruling System whose trusted partner doesn’t exist for him in the first place?!

Thank you.

Kerim
I'm 65 and I've never, ever, believed in any god or gods, blather not withstanding.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-08-2016, 06:34 AM
(01-08-2016 06:32 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  
(01-08-2016 06:11 AM)KerimF Wrote:  I expect that an atheist (American or not) likely ignores the "In god we trust" printed on money as long it is his money and valid to buy things with it Wink
But if he will get someday some dollars on which this great statement is removed, he will surely refuse them as being not blessed by God... that doesn't exist Big Grin

Well the phrase only appeared on banknotes in 1957. Presumably everyone was quite happy with using dollar bills over the previous 150-odd years.

It does appear before that, but spottily.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-08-2016, 06:35 AM
(01-08-2016 06:22 AM)KerimF Wrote:  ...
I am afraid that USA, as it is now, won't exist as well Tongue

You say that like it's a bad thing Ohmy

It's a young country. Give them time. They'll evolve.

Yes

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
01-08-2016, 06:39 AM
(01-08-2016 04:19 AM)KerimF Wrote:  But, how could an American trust his ruling System whose trusted partner doesn’t exist for him in the first place?!

Very easily solved.
You're simply full of crap.
Thumbsup

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
01-08-2016, 06:43 AM
(01-08-2016 06:32 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  

Oh I see...
So it seems that this 'blessing' phrase played a big role in making USA the most powerful nation Big Grin

01-08-2016, 06:47 AM
(01-08-2016 06:39 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

Very easily solved.
You're simply full of crap.
Thumbsup

By the way... when I read the word 'crap', I know automatically the sender...
After all, you chose a nice simple signature anytime you bother yourself to reply a post of mine Thumbsup

01-08-2016, 06:57 AM
(01-08-2016 06:34 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  

Thank you.

Kerim
I'm 65 and I've never, ever, believed in any god or gods, blather not withstanding.

Not all people are fortunate like you are.

Millions of people (if not billions) have to use banknotes that are blessed by God (the God as seen by those who printed the new USA banknotes).
No one can deny that a dollar without the word 'God' on it would be worth the value of its artistic green paper only (better than nothing Wink ).