A dilemma: How an American could be a real atheist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-08-2016, 07:19 AM
RE: A dilemma: How an American could be a real atheist?
(01-08-2016 06:43 AM)KerimF Wrote:  
(01-08-2016 06:32 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  Well the phrase only appeared on banknotes in 1957. Presumably everyone was quite happy with using dollar bills over the previous 150-odd years.

Oh I see...
So it seems that this 'blessing' phrase played a big role in making USA the most powerful nation Big Grin

The US Constitution was ratified in 1788 and came into effect in 1789.
Link

The motto "In God We Trust" became official in 1956.

That's 167 years after the founding of the country.

So I don't see how "IGWT" motto can be credited with anything.
Well, anything other than violating the Constitution and the civil rights of non-believers.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
01-08-2016, 07:29 AM
According to the US Constitution ---

Article VI, Clause 3 --

"; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States."

We don't require religion for ANYONE.......

Not even our politicians....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
01-08-2016, 07:30 AM
(01-08-2016 06:35 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(01-08-2016 06:22 AM)KerimF Wrote:  ...
I am afraid that USA, as it is now, won't exist as well Tongue

You say that like it's a bad thing Ohmy

It's a young country. Give them time. They'll evolve.

Yes

I am afraid, USA is like any other country.
It is also formed by men on top and men on bottom. And some of the latter ones are given the privilege to serve and protect the former ones.

The fact is that Europeans used to be Masters of the New America (right after its discovery). The unwanted men in Europe, innocent or guilty, were exiled to live behind the Atlantic, in America. Also, many Africans were captured by European traders and sold in America.
So I am not surprised that by following very clever tactics (since about 125 years in the least), the Americans on power were able to become the Masters of the very old continent... and the coming is worse, so I better stop here.

Kerim

Facts that don't need evidences:
Sheep for milk live in peace because it is the will of their rich owners.
Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
Whoever has ears will hear.
01-08-2016, 07:34 AM
(01-08-2016 07:19 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(01-08-2016 06:43 AM)KerimF Wrote:  Oh I see...
So it seems that this 'blessing' phrase played a big role in making USA the most powerful nation Big Grin

The US Constitution was ratified in 1788 and came into effect in 1789.
Link

The motto "In God We Trust" became official in 1956.

That's 167 years after the founding of the country.

So I don't see how "IGWT" motto can be credited with anything.
Well, anything other than violating the Constitution and the civil rights of non-believers.

So perhaps, it is... another mere coincidence Wink

Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
01-08-2016, 07:43 AM
I think this is backwards. How can an American dollar be a real American???

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
01-08-2016, 07:43 AM
(01-08-2016 07:29 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  According to the US Constitution ---

Article VI, Clause 3 --

"; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States."

We don't require religion for ANYONE.......

Not even our politicians....

No one denies this.
But if the word "God" doesn't exist on the today's dollars, they are considered as being false ones... even by atheists!

01-08-2016, 07:45 AM
(01-08-2016 07:43 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I think this is backwards. How can an American dollar be a real American???

This question could be answered by those who print it Big Grin

01-08-2016, 07:48 AM
(01-08-2016 04:19 AM)KerimF Wrote:  Since very long, the powerful/rich American families, ruling USA, decided to have God (likely the Jewish one) as their main partner.

Till our days, the USA system confirms this truth by printing always on all USA green banknotes (USA dollars) the famous statement “In God We Trust”.

I understand that a theist American (even if not a Jew) can trust both; his American rulers and their great partner, the Jewish God.

I also understand that a non-American person could be an atheist since his system likely doesn’t take a god as a trusted partner.

But, how could an American trust his ruling System whose trusted partner doesn’t exist for him in the first place?!

So let us hear the possible comments that may solve this dilemma Wink

Thank you.

Kerim

Solution: "In God we Trust" is not a cornerstone of the system of governance. It's just a stupid slogan from a stupid time.

.... though the fact that it's presently being bandied about with such enthusiasm IS a reason for a degree of mistrust. That's okay too. American governance works best when citizens view it a bit askance.
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
01-08-2016, 07:53 AM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2016 08:03 AM by KerimF.)
Off topic:
I got -2 so far as reputation.
May I ask, at which negative value, a moderator should ban me?

Thank you.

01-08-2016, 08:13 AM
(01-08-2016 07:48 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(01-08-2016 04:19 AM)KerimF Wrote:  Since very long, the powerful/rich American families, ruling USA, decided to have God (likely the Jewish one) as their main partner.

Till our days, the USA system confirms this truth by printing always on all USA green banknotes (USA dollars) the famous statement “In God We Trust”.

I understand that a theist American (even if not a Jew) can trust both; his American rulers and their great partner, the Jewish God.

I also understand that a non-American person could be an atheist since his system likely doesn’t take a god as a trusted partner.

But, how could an American trust his ruling System whose trusted partner doesn’t exist for him in the first place?!

So let us hear the possible comments that may solve this dilemma Wink

Thank you.

Kerim

Solution: "In God we Trust" is not a cornerstone of the system of governance. It's just a stupid slogan from a stupid time.

.... though the fact that it's presently being bandied about with such enthusiasm IS a reason for a degree of mistrust. That's okay too. American governance works best when citizens view it a bit askance.

Meanwhile, the word 'God' (that exists or not) should be printed on the USA dollars to let them be valid.
The problem is that to cease its existence on the new dollars will likely need a lot of efforts and a rather long time as well.