A dilemma: How an American could be a real atheist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-08-2016, 11:20 AM
RE: A dilemma: How an American could be a real atheist?
(01-08-2016 05:45 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Banjo's words are by the musician the late Frank Zappa.

Peace be upon him. (PBUH)

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
01-08-2016, 12:07 PM
More than God our government system is based on the concepts of freedom and liberty, with that freedom comes the ability to freely think and to reject religion, without this ability this wouldn't be a truly free country.

More than "In God we Trust" which was added to our money much later after the country was established to endow each citizen with unalienable rights of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, if your pursuit strays from a religious path they can't do jack shit about it, in fact they are obligated to protect your choice and your words of dissent even more than the words they agree with, if we all just believed in whatever God our leaders believed in we would live a theocracy verging on a dictatorship, not the kind of country any free person would want to live in.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like SitaSky's post
01-08-2016, 03:13 PM
(01-08-2016 06:11 AM)KerimF Wrote:  I expect that an atheist (American or not) likely ignores the "In god we trust" printed on money as long it is his money and valid to buy things with it Wink
But if he will get someday some dollars on which this great statement is removed, he will surely refuse them as being not blessed by God... that doesn't exist Big Grin

"Blessed by God" be damned. I'll reject it as counterfeit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
01-08-2016, 03:17 PM
I should give a fuck about this why?

#sigh
01-08-2016, 03:19 PM
(01-08-2016 06:30 AM)KerimF Wrote:  I wonder how the dollar looked like, between WW1 and WW2 in the least.
Google is you friend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
01-08-2016, 03:21 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2016 03:30 PM by TechnoMonkey.)
(01-08-2016 04:19 AM)KerimF Wrote:  But, how could an American trust his ruling System whose trusted partner doesn’t exist for him in the first place?!

I trust that the idiots in office will not completely decimate my lifestyle by ordering laws from their god to be enacted in this land. Unfortunately, that is not always the case. Case in point, the big three, drugs, gambling and prostitution. Abortions are teetering.

Long live sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll! Bowing

"They think, therefore I am" - god
01-08-2016, 03:28 PM
(01-08-2016 03:21 PM)TechnoMonkey Wrote:  
(01-08-2016 04:19 AM)KerimF Wrote:  But, how could an American trust his ruling System whose trusted partner doesn’t exist for him in the first place?!

I trust that the idiots in office will not completely decimate my lifestyle by ordering laws for their god to be enacted in this land. Unfortunately, that is not always the case. Case in point, the big three, drugs, gambling and prostitution. Abortions are teetering.

Long live sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll! Bowing

I kill you last.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
01-08-2016, 05:59 PM
How could an American think rationally and justify his or her beliefs with evidence ?

Doesn't seem possible.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
01-08-2016, 06:04 PM
How come Kerim doesn't care about Australian Atheists?

I call this thread racist. Sad

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
01-08-2016, 06:06 PM
(01-08-2016 08:13 AM)KerimF Wrote:  Meanwhile, the word 'God' (that exists or not) should be printed on the USA dollars to let them be valid.
The problem is that to cease its existence on the new dollars will likely need a lot of efforts and a rather long time as well.

No, the bills just need a quick redesign, and in time all the old bills will get taken out of circulation as they wear out.

Canada has no reference to gods on its money, and we're doing just fine.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post