A dilemma: How an American could be a real atheist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-08-2016, 06:25 PM
RE: A dilemma: How an American could be a real atheist?
(01-08-2016 06:06 PM)Astreja Wrote:  
(01-08-2016 08:13 AM)KerimF Wrote:  Meanwhile, the word 'God' (that exists or not) should be printed on the USA dollars to let them be valid.
The problem is that to cease its existence on the new dollars will likely need a lot of efforts and a rather long time as well.

No, the bills just need a quick redesign, and in time all the old bills will get taken out of circulation as they wear out.

Canada has no reference to gods on its money, and we're doing just fine.

Neither does Australia but I have 3 bills this week. Sad

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2016, 07:09 PM
(01-08-2016 07:53 AM)KerimF Wrote:  Off topic:
I got -2 so far as reputation.
May I ask, at which negative value, a moderator should ban me?

I don't think there's a limit to how negative your reputation can get.

Think of it this way: If you have positive reputation, you're hearing applause. If you have negative reputation, you're hearing mocking laughter. The bigger the number, the louder it is. If you don't like what you're hearing, you can simply leave without waiting to be banned.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
01-08-2016, 07:27 PM
Listen cobber I am no gallah. You wanna act the drongo and go all troppo, that is your business. But don't come the innocent yobbo around these parts acting like a rabid dingo whining about points.

Bloody foreigners!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
01-08-2016, 07:56 PM
(01-08-2016 06:06 PM)Astreja Wrote:  
(01-08-2016 08:13 AM)KerimF Wrote:  Meanwhile, the word 'God' (that exists or not) should be printed on the USA dollars to let them be valid.
The problem is that to cease its existence on the new dollars will likely need a lot of efforts and a rather long time as well.

No, the bills just need a quick redesign, and in time all the old bills will get taken out of circulation as they wear out.

Canada has no reference to gods on its money, and we're doing just fine.

What are your immigration laws like, again?
01-08-2016, 08:09 PM
(01-08-2016 07:56 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  What are your immigration laws like, again?

If you have family here, or an in-demand trade and a job offer, not bad.

If you're just in it for the beer and the free health care, not good.

No word yet on refugee status for people fleeing the Republic of Trumpistan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
01-08-2016, 09:10 PM
(01-08-2016 07:53 AM)KerimF Wrote:  Off topic:
I got -2 so far as reputation.
May I ask, at which negative value, a moderator should ban me?

Thank you.

I would say banning comes into play when a person becomes such a large annoyance that the only recourse is to ban. It's not a numbers game.

If I suddenly spouted some of gibberish about how rats secretly rule the world and brought up that idea in every topic, cursing people who didn't see things my way, then I've no longer become someone that actually desires to debate an idea. I've become a pest that is no longer contributing to the forum.

If you can present your ideas and back up what you say with arguments and or evidence, then we welcome you. If you are able to admit that something you thought was true, really isn't based upon new evidence, that's even better.

We don't know everything. We hold certain beliefs based upon the current facts and observations of the world. When new evidence appears, we should be ready and able to change our beliefs to match reality.

Take those negative comments and re-evaluate your positions. If you still think you are right on a topic you should be able to justify your position. If you can't, then maybe it's time to consider that maybe you're wrong.

I've been wrong on a great many issues. I try to learn from that and hopefully I'm right most of the time and wrong only some of the time.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
02-08-2016, 01:32 PM
(01-08-2016 08:09 PM)Astreja Wrote:  
(01-08-2016 07:56 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  What are your immigration laws like, again?

If you have family here, or an in-demand trade and a job offer, not bad.

If you're just in it for the beer and the free health care, not good.

No word yet on refugee status for people fleeing the Republic of Trumpistan.

They're apparently importing civil engineers.

We might be seeking refuge up there.
02-08-2016, 02:02 PM
(01-08-2016 08:20 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(01-08-2016 04:19 AM)KerimF Wrote:  Since very long, the powerful/rich American families, ruling USA, decided to have God (likely the Jewish one) as their main partner.

Till our days, the USA system confirms this truth by printing always on all USA green banknotes (USA dollars) the famous statement “In God We Trust”.

I understand that a theist American (even if not a Jew) can trust both; his American rulers and their great partner, the Jewish God.

I also understand that a non-American person could be an atheist since his system likely doesn’t take a god as a trusted partner.

But, how could an American trust his ruling System whose trusted partner doesn’t exist for him in the first place?!

So let us hear the possible comments that may solve this dilemma Wink

Thank you.

Kerim

I don't trust it. It is thoroughly corrupted. It is corrupted by the same ideas that religion promotes: subjectivism, irrationality, the morality of self sacrifice and collectivism.

I am afraid that a ruling system, claimed being religious (in the name of a god) or political (based on some man-made brilliant notions), has to be, by nature (hence since always), corrupted and deceiving as well; otherwise it cannot exist in the first place or, at best, it can exist for a very short period of time only.

Facts that don't need evidences:
Sheep for milk live in peace because it is the will of their rich owners.
Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
Whoever has ears will hear.
02-08-2016, 02:09 PM
(01-08-2016 08:25 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  What does phony paper money have to do with anything? Americans mainly go around swipping little chips of plastic to exchange trade these days

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

Good remark Thumbsup

Facts that don't need evidences:
Sheep for milk live in peace because it is the will of their rich owners.
Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
Whoever has ears will hear.
02-08-2016, 02:33 PM
Easy peasy. I haven't carried currency for years now.

#sigh