A disturbing new low in politics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2016, 06:37 AM
RE: A disturbing new low in politics
(12-05-2016 03:57 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(10-05-2016 06:28 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  A real case of chlorine in the gene pool...................

Nature weeding out the dumb ones.......

Dumb? How many people have a keen knowledge of chemistry??
I certainly didn't know this would create such an explosion. And the people likely to make this wouldn't either.

You're an idiot if you think this is a "Darwinism" case. This isn't a hotel window. This could get some innocent mother and her 1 and a half children in hospital with some serious injuries.

It's exactly Darwinism....

Don't think nature is kind..... It's not.... It's brutal in reality.....

It doesn't make the person who made the spoof any less reprehensible - but it's exactly how nature thins the herd.............

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2016, 06:46 AM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2016 06:52 AM by Tomasia.)
(10-05-2016 10:33 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  He's right. It's also been reported to the FBI. I hope they catch the cunt who published this and prosecute him/her to the fullest extent of the law.

I would think the legal question here would be a tricky one. I wonder if anyone has ever gotten prosecuted or jailed for posting a similar meme. Particularly if no one actually followed the instructions on the meme and got hurt, believing they were making glow sticks.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
12-05-2016, 07:51 AM
(12-05-2016 06:46 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(10-05-2016 10:33 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  He's right. It's also been reported to the FBI. I hope they catch the cunt who published this and prosecute him/her to the fullest extent of the law.

I would think the legal question here would be a tricky one. I wonder if anyone has ever gotten prosecuted or jailed for posting a similar meme. Particularly if no one actually followed the instructions on the meme and got hurt, believing they were making glow sticks.

If you walk around downtown shooting a gun in random directions, you're going to get arrested, whether or not you hit anyone. I would think the same principle applies here. It's not tricky at all. You can't do things that needlessly put other people at risk. The same principle also applies to traffic laws. Speeding, running stop signs, and drunk driving are illegal actions whether or not you cause an accident.
12-05-2016, 08:26 AM
(12-05-2016 07:51 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 06:46 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  I would think the legal question here would be a tricky one. I wonder if anyone has ever gotten prosecuted or jailed for posting a similar meme. Particularly if no one actually followed the instructions on the meme and got hurt, believing they were making glow sticks.

If you walk around downtown shooting a gun in random directions, you're going to get arrested, whether or not you hit anyone. I would think the same principle applies here. It's not tricky at all. You can't do things that needlessly put other people at risk. The same principle also applies to traffic laws. Speeding, running stop signs, and drunk driving are illegal actions whether or not you cause an accident.

Devil's advocate ---

Common sense tells you to not go about mixing volatile chemicals without knowing the likely outcome --- so --- the "author" of the spoof claims first amendment right to free speech as satire -- saying "A reasonable person would know better, and realize it's satire"....

Unless you're claiming that Bernie's constituency is somehow lower in intelligence and/or common sense.......................(which the author seems to be doing)

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
12-05-2016, 08:46 AM
(12-05-2016 08:26 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 07:51 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  If you walk around downtown shooting a gun in random directions, you're going to get arrested, whether or not you hit anyone. I would think the same principle applies here. It's not tricky at all. You can't do things that needlessly put other people at risk. The same principle also applies to traffic laws. Speeding, running stop signs, and drunk driving are illegal actions whether or not you cause an accident.

Devil's advocate ---

Common sense tells you to not go about mixing volatile chemicals without knowing the likely outcome --- so --- the "author" of the spoof claims first amendment right to free speech as satire -- saying "A reasonable person would know better, and realize it's satire"....

Unless you're claiming that Bernie's constituency is somehow lower in intelligence and/or common sense.......................(which the author seems to be doing)

When did our society ever operate on common sense? When McDonald's can get sued because their coffee is hot -- and lose that suit -- these people will have no defense if someone follows their advice and gets hurt. And whether it's satire or malicious, they're still douchebags for doing it.
12-05-2016, 08:57 AM
(12-05-2016 08:26 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 07:51 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  If you walk around downtown shooting a gun in random directions, you're going to get arrested, whether or not you hit anyone. I would think the same principle applies here. It's not tricky at all. You can't do things that needlessly put other people at risk. The same principle also applies to traffic laws. Speeding, running stop signs, and drunk driving are illegal actions whether or not you cause an accident.

Devil's advocate ---

And if kids do it?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
12-05-2016, 09:14 AM
(12-05-2016 08:57 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 08:26 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Devil's advocate ---

And if kids do it?

Exactly -- and Bernie Sanders supporters tend to be younger people, if not exactly "kids". I'm a reasonably intelligent person, but I did a lot of pretty stupid things when I was young.
12-05-2016, 09:22 AM
(12-05-2016 09:14 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 08:57 AM)morondog Wrote:  And if kids do it?

Exactly -- and Bernie Sanders supporters tend to be younger people, if not exactly "kids". I'm a reasonably intelligent person, but I did a lot of pretty stupid things when I was young.

I don't think of Sanders supporters. Any kid who saw something like that on the net might be intrigued. Whoever started this should definitely have the book thrown at them.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
12-05-2016, 09:23 AM
(12-05-2016 08:26 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Devil's advocate ---

Exactly.

Who would get prosecuted here anyways the originator of the meme? How about those who shared it thinking it was funny?

I would be interested if anyone here might know of any cases similar that might serve as precedent, I don't know of any personally.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
12-05-2016, 09:29 AM
(11-05-2016 06:22 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And you realize -- that's it's most likely a Hillary supporter who put it up..........

Yeah a Trump supporter wouldn't have known the scientific principles involved, or how to type out a set of instructions with so many steps.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr. Boston's post